Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Changes Brainstorming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Sorcerer Changes Brainstorming
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dscount
10.30.2013 , 10:13 AM | #91
Wall of Crazy idea:

IMP: FORCE LEECH / PUB: FORCE REDISTRUBUTION
Removes HP from enemy target and increases casters force pool.

Needs to be just as effective as NS/Consumption rotation.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Khaosfyre
10.30.2013 , 01:59 PM | #92
2.5 Corruption Sorcerer (Healing Tree);
__________________________________________________ ___________________

The following are suggestions to tweak the existing Sorcerer (Corruption/Healing Tree).

This is written from a PVE perspective/endgame. My line of thinking here is enhancing abilties that are not often used or underutilized (Dark Heal/Overload) and further enhancing mitigational abilities and enhancing existing talents with a view to synergize with other talents in the tree.

ABILITIES

Enhancements to 'Dark Heal' ability;
- Dark Heal critical proc increases the healing potency of the next healing spell cast by 20% (calling this buff 'Empowered').
** Synergistic with the 'Force Bending' talent (Gives the player the choice of using it for between Dark Heal/Innervate/Dark Infusion)
** Dark Heal due to very high Force cost will be used strategically.

TALENTS

Enhancement to 'Will of the Sith' talent;
- Change from 3%/6% to 6%/9% (now uniform with Agent/Bounty Hunter AC) (2 point talent).

Enhancements to existing 'Force Bending' talent;
- Adding "Static Barrier: Increases the amount of damage absorbed by 5%/10%". Work in synergy with 'Lightning Barrier' talent. (2 talent points).
- Adding "Unnatural Preservation: Also restores 50 Force in addition to self heal.".

Enhancement to existing 'Corrupted Barrier';
- Adding Increase self healing potential from 1% to 2% per second. (up from 0.5%/1%) (2 point talent)
- 'Corrupted Barrier' expiring early to damage, heals the target for 10%/15% of their health pool. (2 point talent)

Enhancement to existing 'Life Surge' talent;
- Adding the following. Reduce cooldown on ability 'Overload' by 5/10 seconds (2-point talent).

Enhancement to 'Penetrating Darkness' talent;
- Change 3 point talent from 2%/4%/6% increase to bonus healing to 3%/6%/9% (3-point talent)
___

REVAMPED HEALING SPELL LIST

Casting options after talent review above.

[Resurgence]
-- [Dark Heal] on *Critical
---- [*Empowered Dark Infusion]
---- [*Empowered Revivification]
---- [*Empowered Overload]
-- [Innervate]
---- Consume Force Surge charges for 'Revivification'.
---- *** [3x Charges] Instant [Revivification]
---- *** Consume Force Surge for Force Pool regeneration.
-- [Static Barrier]
---- [*Corrupted Barrier talent]+[Lightning Barrier talent] = [Enhanced Static Barrier +ABSORB]
-- [Dark Infusion]
-- [Revivification]

warstory
10.30.2013 , 03:11 PM | #93
melee are going to hate me for this but i think some face tanking is required for our class. when we r leaped to and interrupted and rooted we should have some type of defense ability to use till we can get away something in the 15 sec range. combat has to be a chess match.
"Surely you know I could kill you just as easily with my lightsaber as I could with the force "

Skarey
10.30.2013 , 06:37 PM | #94
I played healing sorc before 2.0 quite a lot. I think giving them solid DCD would help a lot. Say maybe throwing a talent in the tree up top that shortens the duration of barrier by half but allows you to move/heal yourself and friendlies/but not cc attack enemies might be ok. Not adding another ability but kinda tweaking for a bit more liveability. Also id like to see something proc an instant cast heal. Maybe the talent that takes your 3 stacks and gives you an instant reviv go to an instant infuse or dark heal at no cost. Basically anything thing that would throw in an instant heal proccing internally around every 6-9 secs would help insanely with the lockdown from interrupts. Also just as an added point the change to "help madness" doesn't mean crap in arena right now. Non-cleansable dots? lol since sorcs are the only thing able to cleanse their dots and you see maybe 1 in about 20 matches in 4v4 I don't see how thats really game changing. Just saying essentially that "buff" already exists. In general seems like for arena non ops healers need to be buffed up to the healing level of an operative. That is going to require either "safe-casting" or more instant heals. And for sorcs some reliable DCD's that don't take them completely out of the game.

badou
10.30.2013 , 07:58 PM | #95
I dont also understand why we need accuracy on sorc in every mmo i played the mage class aka sorc never uses accuracy its really
BEING A SORC MEANS YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DIE
REFERAL LINK http://www.swtor.com/r/W2zxTX

FrumpytheClown
10.30.2013 , 10:15 PM | #96
Sorcs - General: Electrocute back to 30 meters, and Whirl Winds back to instacast, Overload BACK to 360 affect area. All those are needed.
Sorcs - Madness: Force Regen (Parasitism can give back Force in addition to Health); Creeping Terror affects always even when Resolve is full, in addition does more damage; decrease cool down on Death Field; affects Resolve less than others.
Just some ideas.
"Peace is a lie, there is only Passion..." Ghandi was peaceful, now he is dead. Ghangis Khan was passionate and nearly conquered the known world.

NogueiraA
10.31.2013 , 12:08 AM | #97
I'll just suggest one thing: CONSUMPTION OFF OF GCD.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

Suzina
10.31.2013 , 03:07 AM | #98
For healing in PVP I think Sorcs are viable and fun.

For healing in PVE I think Sorcs have some through-put and power problems, but have other aspects to help make up for their weaknesses.

For DPSing in raids, Sorcs are under-powered and ideally not invited.

For DPsing in PVP, Sorcs are worth less than other classes in most warzones, and worth less than an empty slot in arenas. At least with an empty slot, you can hope a non-sorc will join. I sometimes see people drop arenas just because a sorc is DPS spec'd so they assume they don't know how to play and will cause a loss. As a healing sorc, if I see DPS sorc's on the other side of the warzone, it's almost a guaranteed win because after the sorc dies a few seconds into the warzone, it's 4 vs 3.
Member of Bane Fleet

livinlife
10.31.2013 , 05:07 AM | #99
none of the changes u make will put them on par with operative/scoundrel nuff said reroll
livinsith 55 sorc heals Master D server
nif 55 sage heals Dalborra server
livinsolo 34 scoundrel heals Bastion server
agv 16 commando heals Po5 server

livinlife
10.31.2013 , 05:10 AM | #100
avg good gae i take 900k dmg on my sorc compared to 200-300k on my less gearedoperative nothing u guys think of will be comparable to stealth or if it does everbody will scream and be nerf'd e.g bubblestun. Bioware should have thought real hard b4 giving 1 healing class stealth they have no clue how to fix it now
livinsith 55 sorc heals Master D server
nif 55 sage heals Dalborra server
livinsolo 34 scoundrel heals Bastion server
agv 16 commando heals Po5 server