Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Republic Reborn vs Wroshyr Alliance

Beniboybling

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 3: The Republic Reborn vs The Wroshyr Alliance

Welcome to the third round of Kaggath Battlegrounds! Where instead of the entire galaxy, combatants will compete in planetary arena, where every soldier, stronghold and ship counts.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. But the Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules:

• The arena: Makeb – see the faction rundowns for BOEs.
  • #1 The Kaggath is won or lost when the leader of either faction is killed.
  • #2 No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • #3 No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • #4 No surrender, fight to the death!
  • #5 Apathy is death. Factions are not allowed to hide or wait. They must act.
  • #6 Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • #7 Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their faction’s decisions, this is instead determined by the nature of their leadership.

Read the full rulebook here.

So, the combatants: two rival factions, both hoping to restore order to the galaxy, but opposed in ideals, clash on Makeb for control over the ultimate resource – Isotope 5. Selenial’s Republic Reborn hopes to reforge the Republic as a strong and powerful force of justice and has formed an elite force of soldiers to do so, yet Tunewalker’s Wroshyr Alliance hopes to restore the Republic to what it once was and has made an alliance with the noble Wookiee race to see this come to pass.

Behold the factions!

The Republic Reborn

Base of Operations: Stronghold One

Leadership

Head of State: Jedi Master Revan

Second-in-Command: Jedi Master Surik

Allies: Jace Malcolm & General Antilles

Supplier: Santhe/Sienar Technologies [Raxus Prime]

Organisation: Hutt Cartel [Makeb]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Republic SpecForce/Great War [500]

Minor Ground Force: Alliance Infiltrators [40]

Minor Ground Force: Revanchists [50]

Light Vehicle: TX-130 Saber-class tank [22]

2nd Light Vehicle: T-47 airspeeder [22]

Heavy Vehicle: MPTL-2a [4]

Naval Forces

Fighter Class: X-Wing starfighter

Bomber Class: B-Wing starfighter

Elite Class: BT-Y Thunderclap

Light Capital Ship: Hammerhead-class cruiser [13]

2nd Light Capital Ship: Endurance-class fleet carrier [5]

Heavy Capital Ship: Interdictor-class cruiser [18]

Flagship: Viscount-class star defender [battlecruiser prototype]

Naval Officers: Galactic Republic [Great War]

vs

The Wroshyr Alliance

Base of Operations: Toborro’s Palace

Leadership

Head of State: Grand Master Sebatyne

Second-in-Command: General Dodonna

Allies: Corran Horn and Chewbacca

Supplier: SoroSuub Corporation [sullust]

Supplier: Hapan Intelligence [Hapes]

Ground Forces

Minor Ground Force: Wookiee Warriors [1000]

Minor Ground Force: Antarian Rangers [640]

Minor Ground Force: Jedi Knights/NJO [50]

Light Vehicle: Wookiee ornithopter [22]

2nd Light Vehicle: AAC-2 hovertank [22]

Heavy Vehicle: AHS-1 heavy assault airspeeder [9]

Naval Forces

Fighter Classes: E-Wing

Bomber Class: K-wing assault fighter

Elite Class: X4 Gunship

Light Capital Ship: Hapan Battle Dragon [7]

2nd Capital Ship: MC40a light cruiser [10]

Heavy Capital Ship: Majestic-class heavy cruiser [22]

Flagship: Obi-Wan [Nebula-class star destroyer]

Naval Officers: New Republic

An agreement has been made, and the battleground has been set. Only one will leave this world victorious. Who will claim the planet’s resources and for their future goals? The strength of the Republic Reborn, or the ideals of the Wroshyr Alliance? Its special forces against guerrilla warriors. Who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty excited for this battle, because the enviroment poses so many possibilities and it won't be just about defeating your opponent, but about controlling key areas. So bear that in mind.

Anyway the arbiter for this Kaggath will be LadyKulvax.

And a few notes:

• The X-Wing model in question is the T-65XJ variant.

• The Interdictors are pre-Rakatan upgrade, if they ever had any.

• The analog for the Interdictor will be the Harrower, making its armament the following:

25 quad-turbolaser cannons and 30 point defense cannons.

• The batteries of the Viscount are as follows: 350 heavy turbolaser batteries, 350 turbolaser batteries, 35 concussion missiles, 50 ion cannons, 90 point-defence cannons and 7 tractor beam projectors.
Edited by Beniboybling

They both want to re-create the Republic? Not so sure... Both sides have merit. I will need time to contemplate before choosing a side... Both of these great fellows helped me pre-Kaggath so it is not an easy decision...

They both want to re-create the Republic? Not so sure... Both sides have merit. I will need time to contemplate before choosing a side... Both of these great fellows helped me pre-Kaggath so it is not an easy decision...
Some advice: don't make a decision based on the faction makers, but based on the faction. :p

Some advice: don't make a decision based on the faction makers, but based on the faction. :p

Oh that is only on the table because of how closely I think the factions will be. If it was imbalanced it wouldn't factor in at all. Though some of these fleet numbers seem a little odd...what was the multiplier for light capital ships for light cruisers again? Also shouldn't Tune's Heavy Capital ship be 20 and not 22?

Edited by Silenceo

My initial findings in terms of firepower and fighter complements points to an advantage to the WA.

fighter numbers

• RR- 1992
  • WA- 1908

Now despite the slight number disadvantage, I give this one to the WA slightly due to the quality and makeup of their ships.

The E-wing was faster and more maneuverable than the XJ, and since they're contemporaries and the E-wing has the advantage of being newer and better I give an edge to the E-wing.

The B-wing is old and was designed to fill the heavy firepower gap left in the Rebellion fighter force caused by the use of the heavily outdated Y-wing. The K-wing was the successor to the B-wing, and it was even more heavily armed and armored iirc. It is really a case of the replacement being better than the original.

The Thunderclap I think might be the best RR choice here. It could probably pose a good challenge for the WA's gunboat, but it suffers from a lack of major firepower that can allow it to take down ships. Game mechanics aside, it seems to be designed to do better against smaller corvettes and heavy fighters. The WA's gunboat is also relatively unknown to me, but it seems like it'd do very well against the heavier and slower fighters of the RR. It seems like a nice picket ship, and will fulfill its role well while taking any punishment that gets thrown at it. The Thunderclap is a better ship, but the WA's choice fits the role the WA needs it to better.

Now, for the ships.

The RR sacrificed too much firepower and got too little of a reward in fighter numbers for its trouble imo. The WA's Hapan Battle Dragons and Majestic-class ships will wreck the Interdictors and the Hammerheads won't stand a chance in a direct fight. Each of the WA's capital ships outguns its analog on the other side and outnumbers them (except the Battle Dragon which still easily outguns its rival) as well. I give a bigger edge to the WA here for having ships with bigger guns.

Now the RR has an ace card . The Alliance is a major threat to every WA ship. It is essentially a compact SSD, and has the firepower and shields of the Mon Cal to boot. Like the last match, if the big ship stays with the fleet, it'll be very hard for the WA to engage. However, the Obi-wan is a neat ship. If the WA can fight in smaller engagements in space, they will win anytime the Obi-wan is present. Bringing a Impstar's firepower to bear while flying around in a ship almost half its size is a massive boost to any fight.

Also, the shields of WA ships are far superior imo to those of the RR's excluding the Alliance. Mon Cal shields FTW.

This all ignores tactics and is more an analysis of the ship's capabilities.

This is actually a fairly balanced match-up. I'm not sure who would win.

To Tune: I wouldn't give up so easily. This is a really good faction you've got here.

How could Tune even think he can't win this. It is so close I'm still deciding who to argue for.

I like Tune's faction more right now because I know more about them, so he'll have me doing a lot of debating in his favor for now at least...

Edited by StarSquirrel

How could Tune even think he can't win this. It is so close I'm still deciding who to argue for.

I like Tune's faction more right now because I know more about them, so he'll have me doing a lot of debating in his favor for now at least...

I feel the same. It's a really close one. I know more about Sel's faction, so I'll probably argue for her where I feel it's necessary.

The RR sacrificed too much firepower and got too little of a reward in fighter numbers for its trouble imo. The WA's Hapan Battle Dragons and Majestic-class ships will wreck the Interdictors and the Hammerheads won't stand a chance in a direct fight. Each of the WA's capital ships outguns its analog on the other side and outnumbers them (except the Battle Dragon which still easily outguns its rival) as well. I give a bigger edge to the WA here for having ships with bigger guns.

I'm going to have to majorly disagree with this part, for a few reasons.

The Hammerhead was the epitome of Republic Engineering, it could take on much larger vessels in a one on one scenario. It's blasters were oriented in such a way that they could create a cross of fire, which was likely the inspiration for the MC140 Scythe-Class. This allowed the Hammherhead to obliterate one single spot anywhere it chose, concentrating it's weapons to punch through any shielding or hull.

The Drawback of the Hammerhead was it's difficulty to actually organize itself into a valid fleet, so whilst it took any ship in a One on One, it had large issues being used as a command ship, however this is entirely eradicated by the use of the other cruisers, particularly the Alliance, as a command cruiser.

Now, another advantage of the Hammerheads is their relatively slim posture and target. The Battle Dragons skimped on the Targeting computers, and were only effective En Masse, which they are not here. They also do not have a wide target to hit like in most fleet battles, and concentrated shielding on the front of the vessel would likely negate a lot of enemy fire.

Thank you though for noting the large role the Alliance will play in this battle, I feel the cruiser could rip through any of the WA's battleships without even breaking a sweat.

Does somebody more versed than I wish to make a note about tacticians and defections? Not of course that none of the command staff would defect from the Republic Reborn, so it's if anyone from the WA would defect.

I'll make my argument for the NJO Knights later.

I'm going to have to majorly disagree with this part, for a few reasons.

The Hammerhead was the epitome of Republic Engineering, it could take on much larger vessels in a one on one scenario. It's blasters were oriented in such a way that they could create a cross of fire, which was likely the inspiration for the MC140 Scythe-Class. This allowed the Hammherhead to obliterate one single spot anywhere it chose, concentrating it's weapons to punch through any shielding or hull.

The Drawback of the Hammerhead was it's difficulty to actually organize itself into a valid fleet, so whilst it took any ship in a One on One, it had large issues being used as a command ship, however this is entirely eradicated by the use of the other cruisers, particularly the Alliance, as a command cruiser.

Now, another advantage of the Hammerheads is their relatively slim posture and target. The Battle Dragons skimped on the Targeting computers, and were only effective En Masse, which they are not here. They also do not have a wide target to hit like in most fleet battles, and concentrated shielding on the front of the vessel would likely negate a lot of enemy fire.

Thank you though for noting the large role the Alliance will play in this battle, I feel the cruiser could rip through any of the WA's battleships without even breaking a sweat.

Ok, you're kidding me about the Hammerheads. I want to see an engagement were a Hammerhead took on a much larger ship alone and won.

It was small, maneuverable, and mass-produced and THAT was its advantage. Here, they aren't en-mass and they are vastly outgunned. There is absolutely no way in hell a ship with 7 or so turbolasers could come close to matching the 40+ (on top of torpedo launchers) of a Battle Dragon.

Now I agree that it has advantages like the crossfire, and that they'll serve well against fighters, but against capital ships here they just won't pull their weight.

Also the Battle Dragons do have big targets, like the Interdictor-class and the Alliance, but they don't even need them because a few well-placed proton torpedoes can penetrate Hammerhead shields (it has been done by weaker missiles) and blast them to pieces.

Also, the Battle Dragons can decimate single targets, thanks to having those four computers they can concentrate fire better. Considering they are nearly equal in number to the Hammerheads, they can easily survive the pathetic firepower of the Hammerhead long enough to dispatch them 3-4 at a time.

As for the Alliance, yes you're right. But if the WA can strip away the RR's other ships first, it is extremely exposed. The WA has ships with excellent shielding and firepower. They won't all get ripped apart as easily as you might think.

The Republic Reborn

So yeh, time for a 2256 word essay on two of my leadership characters. I don't expect anyone to read this all unless they are having a hard time recalling a lot about the characters, I just had to compile a solid base of arguments to use in favor of them, as the entire faction is really built around them.

Meetra Surik

"...and where they look at you and see the death of the Force, I look at you and see hope for all life."

Leadership and Personality:

Meetra Surik was an insanely fast learner, and under the tutalage of Revan will continue to grow in power and prowess in the force, the abilities he has learned will become easy to her as she pulls on the passionate Force Bond that formed between them during their military service together.

Meetra is the key to no defections here, she will form Force Bonds with her military allies, Jace and Wedge will become as passionately loyal to her as Bao-Dur and every republic officer who stood under her command.

Meetra was a skilled Jedi leader, using Battle Meditation subconciously in her fleet battles against the Mandalorian invaders, and using it to instantly end conflicts between the most skilled bladefighters on Onderon, during her hunt for Jedi Master Kavarr. She led more of the Republic Fleet than Revan did during the Mandalorian wars, leading the Republic to some of their most important victories and conquests. She eventually posed so much of a threat that Revan had to have all Loyal to her and she herself killed (Or at least, he tried to have her killed or turned) by way of the Mass Shadow Generator, as her fleet and those loyal to her posed an incredible danger to Revans asscencion to Dark Lord.

After her years in Exile, away from Republic Space, meetra returned to the Galactic scene and began training under Darth Traya, under the guise of Kreia. Relearning her Jedi Training, learning new techniques, and regaining her connection to the force.

She once again showed her prowess in Tactical thinking when she single handedly routed an incredibly large mercenary force, stopping them from taking a small, almost defenseless compound, using only some old droids, her personal slicing and repair abilities, broken turrets, and a lot of owed favors. She then turned the tides of the battle by enterring herself, allowing a small militia to rout the larger and better equipped mercenary force with few casualties. She also showed her charisma in a speech to the Militia, when the almost emotionless leader of the defense force commented on how passionate and charismatic her speech was, spurring the troops on to fight no matter what.

Throughout her life the Exile shows compassion, love and fantastic leadership abilities. She'll put herself in harms way to save her friends, but managing to carefuly formulate a plan to perfection, always walking away with what she wanted and no major losses.

Notable Accolades and Feats

Accolades:

"You are greater than any I have ever trained." - Kreia compares the Exile to the likes of Revan

"Perhaps exile has been good to you indeed - it has certainly not dulled your instincts, nor the speed at which you learn." - The Exile learns a new Force Form or Lightsaber form from master Kavar.

"Excellent! I'm impressed with how quickly you've mastered this form. I always knew you were gifted." - The Exile learns a new blade of Light Saber form by witnessing him fight and learning from their bond. She then goes on to teach it to her companions, showing that she did indead understand the intricacies of the form.

"You are strong... I cannot see as she does, but I know, that in time, you shall surpass her power." Sion states that the Exile will surpass the powers of Darth Traya, and considering how Traya ragdolls him on every occassion, this is an impressive feat. Sion definitely doesn't underestimate Traya. "You are strong... as strong as I had believed."

The Exile is taught how to read minds by Kreia, something that many Jedi masters fail to do in their time as Jedi. "You are strong indeed... what you heard were surface thoughts only, but it is something that masters have trained for for years and never learned."

She even learns how to read Shielded minds, like that of the Assassin Atton Rand.

Meetra has shown incredible reflex's and abilities, in the Revan novel, as she manages to react to a situation faster than the Reflex actions of 10 security soldiers, who all Open fired within a second. This is an incredible feat of personal speed and Force Speed...

It took Meetra less than a second to see and process the odds she was up against.

and

Even blinded by the flash of T3's lamp, they were disciplined enough to react by unleashing a volley of blaster bolts at the last known location of their target. Unfortunately for them, Meetra's reactions were quicker than theirs.

In terms of more Basic applications of the Force that I needn't go in to in detail, Kreia states that the Exile is as skilled in battle as her, when the Exile is far from her prime. This happens after a sparring session with Visas Marr, in which the Exile has to fight and defeat Visas unarmed, whilst Visas wields a lightsaber. This is an incredible showing from the exile in itself, as not only did she have the speed to dodge these strikes, she defeated her opponent through the Physical side of a duel, not the force.

After this, Kreia acknowledges the Exile as her equal, despite the Exile being far from her prime.

The Exile learned other more esoteric abilities from Traya, she learnt Beast Trick, Breath Control, Dominate Mind. From Visas Marr she learned Force Sight, which also allows her to see the true sides of people, past what the naked eye might see.

According to the Kotor campaign guide, Surik knows Force Valor, Force Deflection, Force Resistance, and has shown apitude in Telekinetic attacks and Force Whirlwinds.

Surik has shown feats of Battle Meditation in her battle on Onderon, a very skillfull showing that was rather similar to Battle Meld, as she increaced the Ferocity and Strength of the attacks that her allies were using, not coordination as normal Battle Meditation does.

Surik has shown a strong affinity for Physical combat, in her fights with the Handmaiden sisters, as well as force combat in her fights on Malachor V.

Her skills in the blade are figurative and speculative, however the Kotor Campaign Guide states that she defeated Atris using her skills in the blade. She has also single handedly and rapidly defeated multiple members of the Imperial Guard and thse members made Dark Council members tremble in fear, as even the most powerful Sith Lords would not challenge them.

Last but not least, Meetra has shown aptitude in Sever Force, one of the most potent Light Side abilities possible, being considered by Vima sunrider a natural, and dangerous in these applications. She is stated in the Kotor Campaign Guide to have mastered the Art of severing one from the force, and could likely use it at will. This ability works on Light Siders and Dark Siders alike, despite common perception being that it only works on Dark Jedi.

Revan

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

Leadership and Personality

Revan was undoubtedly one of the most charismatic and intelligent Jedi to walk the Galaxy. The entire Republic Military and much of the Jedi Order flocked to his side when he decided to engage the Mandalorian fleet, siding with a mere Knight over the Jedi Council that could punish them as they saw fit, in a true test of loyalty.

It was here that Revan showed his incredible grasp on the big picture, Revan knew how to spin a story, to make a loss of life or planets a major victory for the Republic. He managed to obliterate enemy Morale and boost those of his supporters in a variety of ways. He forced the Mandalorians to orbit and land on a Taboo planet in order to make them submit to him before he wiped them out, and shortly thereafter obliterated Telos IV to show the Jedi that there was no going back from this war they had started against him. In both cases he ruined the enemies Morale shortly before destroying them, and in both cases he stunned the Galaxy into silence as all they could do was watch.

Revan was one of the most Charismatic knights in history, one of the few people the Republic Military and Senators alike idealized and viewed as a true hero, despite his attempted conquest of the Republic.

Notable Powers and Abiltiies

Force Powers:

It was easy to understand how Scourge could be drawn to him; Revan's command of the Force was greater then that of anyone else she had ever met

Just a quote about Revan's power in the force being greater than that of Traya. Skill in battle, maybe not, but Raw power.... apparently. It's a direct comparison at least.

The Jedi's command of and connection to the Force was unlike anything Scourge had sensed in anyone else. Even though Revan was constantly drugged, it was impossible not to sense his strength

Comparison to the likes of Nyriss and Xedrix.

Quote:

Instead of charging forward, he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and the dark side flow through him like twin rushing rivers. But instead of focusing or channeling the Force, he released it in it's purest form. There was brilliant flash as the air between the two combatants lit up. The energy unleashed was powerful enough to send Revan staggering. The Emperor, unprepared and with much of his strength diverted to his effort to dominate Revan's mind, was sent flying backward

This is my favorite quote about Derpashyns incompetence, not gonna lie. We've seen many times that you can't draw on Light and Dark, they're polar opposites, but whatever, it happened. I'd however point to this as being a feat of Oneness.

Revan reached out with the Force and ripped the vaulted stone archway in the ceiling above them free from its setting

TK Bausin it up.

Then there's the obvious Tutaminis'ing Nyriss, which despite my hatred of that scene, was impressive.

Force Healing

He tried to rise, but his injuries body refused to respond. Instinctively, he called on the Force to give him strength and heal his wounds...

The healing properties of the Force were powerful, but Revan's wounds were severe and he needed more time to restore his strength

Speed:

As Veela and two others-reacting slightly faster than the rest-fired, the green blade transformed into a spinning, twirling blur as he used it to deflect their bolts back in the direction of the shooters

Revan was in motion, his lightsaber flashing to life, before the words had finished spilling from her mouth

Lightsaber:

Still, the slight stumble gave Revan enough time to draw his lightsaber and go on the offensive. He came in with a high, overhand chop-obvious feint meant to draw the defenses of his opponent downward, leaving his legs exposed to quick slash follow up.

The guard recognized the familiar ploy, countering it by parrying the overhand chop then quickly dropping his blade low to intercept the inevitable slash at his legs. Only Revan didn't go for his legs. Anticipating that his opponent's defenses would go low, he kept his blade up high, allowing him to end the battle with horizontal cut across the man's exposed throat

That's the only real lightsaber action we see in the novel, that's impressive anyway. It at least shows his Knowledge of other forms.

We also see him in a few signature stances/moves from different forms, suggesting a specialization in Niman, with more knowledge of specific forms.

Revan lashed out with his foot, delivering a side kick to the chest of the guard who had grabbed his shoulder, sending the man stumbling back...

One of the guards battling Meetra broke off and tried to cut Revan off. The Jedi gathered himself and leapt high in the air, tucking his knees in tight to somersault over his opponent. The guard reacted to the unexpected move a fraction too slowly, his electrostatic slicing through the air above his head and missing Revan by only a few centimeters.

Revan landed on the ground and wheeled around to face the other man. He trust one with the Force, the impact hitting the solider square in the chest. Instead of sending him flying, it only staggered him back half a step-this close to the Emperor they were sworn to protect, the guards were able to draw on his power to protect themselves.

As for the saber forms....

"He came in with a high, overhand chop-obvious feint meant to draw the defenses of his opponent downward, leaving his legs exposed to quick slash follow up" Is a nice showing of Shii-Cho

"..The Jedi gathered himself and leapt high in the air, tucking his knees in tight to somersault over his opponent.." Is a signature Ataru move, and If I'm not mistaken, the front cover of the book is him in Ataru's opening stance.

A few sources show him with the reverse grip of Shien, and numerous cutscenes in Kotor showed him in the opening stances of Juyo too, so I'd hazard a guess that he's proficient in most forms.

Does somebody more versed than I wish to make a note about tacticians and defections? Not of course that none of the command staff would defect from the Republic Reborn, so it's if anyone from the WA would defect.

Antilles is the only person I can see who might defect. He'd chafe a bit under the more brutal and aggressive leaders he works with (Revan in particular) and some of his best friends are on the other side (Corran, Chewie, Dodonna). The WA's entire faction is tailor made to make Antilles feel right at home.

Something to consider.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I consider that Wedge might defect... I mean yeah, the RR has rebel troops, but so does the WA, not to mention that he has history with practically every WA leader. Corran Horn especially.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Wedge defected, and brought the rebel troops with him. The RR is trying to resurrect what had eventually turned into the Galactic Empire, and the WA fits a lot better ideal wise with what he is used to.

It is also good to note that Wedge might not feel comfortable serving under someone who was once a Sith Lord, redeemed or not. He once fought a rebellion to free the galaxy of Sith rule, and he just might buy that Revan is fully redeemed. This might turn the war a bit, due to the repercussions.

However, I will also note that even if he did defect, the RR flagship would still pose quite an issue. (though, I thought the Universal Tech Rule would make it more or less what a Mk II is to a MK I when comparing to ships that compared to MK II's. Aka, the next step up, approximately 20% stronger.)

Ok, you're kidding me about the Hammerheads. I want to see an engagement were a Hammerhead took on a much larger ship alone and won.

It was small, maneuverable, and mass-produced and THAT was its advantage. Here, they aren't en-mass and they are vastly outgunned. There is absolutely no way in hell a ship with 7 or so turbolasers could come close to matching the 40+ (on top of torpedo launchers) of a Battle Dragon.

Now I agree that it has advantages like the crossfire, and that they'll serve well against fighters, but against capital ships here they just won't pull their weight.

Also the Battle Dragons do have big targets, like the Interdictor-class and the Alliance, but they don't even need them because a few well-placed proton torpedoes can penetrate Hammerhead shields (it has been done by weaker missiles) and blast them to pieces.

Also, the Battle Dragons can decimate single targets, thanks to having those four computers they can concentrate fire better. Considering they are nearly equal in number to the Hammerheads, they can easily survive the pathetic firepower of the Hammerhead long enough to dispatch them 3-4 at a time.

As for the Alliance, yes you're right. But if the WA can strip away the RR's other ships first, it is extremely exposed. The WA has ships with excellent shielding and firepower. They won't all get ripped apart as easily as you might think.

You uhh... You need to check your sources Star, stop using Wookieepedia... It sucks.

"Nearly too large for frigate classification, the 315 meter long Hammerhead-Class cruiser is more than a match for Capital Ships of it's time. [...] Success comes at a cost however, [Goes on to talk about the Data stuff I already mentioned]"

And 7 turbolasers? Again, I'd suggest No Wookieepedia if that's where you're getting it from. 4 Light Laser batteries, 2 Medium batteries, and 2 point defense... then a tractor beam.

So yeh, if we're using the breakdown on the Gladiator Vessel that Wookieepedia uses from the sourcebook, that's 20 individual light turbolasers, 10 Medium Turbolasers, 10 Point Defense Laser Canons, and 2 Tractor Beams... Which is actually a slight rework to the armament of the Gladiator Vessel itself, replacing Concussion Missiles with more turbolasers.

As for the shielding, that's because of the actual Strength of the Shielding that the Galaxy had at that point every ship could get torn apart by missiles. Using the Universal Tech rule, this flaw is greatly evened out.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I consider that Wedge might defect... I mean yeah, the RR has rebel troops, but so does the WA, not to mention that he has history with practically every WA leader. Corran Horn especially.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Wedge defected, and brought the rebel troops with him. The RR is trying to resurrect what had eventually turned into the Galactic Empire, and the WA fits a lot better ideal wise with what he is used to.

It is also good to note that Wedge might not feel comfortable serving under someone who was once a Sith Lord, redeemed or not. He once fought a rebellion to free the galaxy of Sith rule, and he just might buy that Revan is fully redeemed. This might turn the war a bit, due to the repercussions.

However, I will also note that even if he did defect, the RR flagship would still pose quite an issue. (though, I thought the Universal Tech Rule would make it more or less what a Mk II is to a MK I when comparing to ships that compared to MK II's. Aka, the next step up, approximately 20% stronger.)

I covered this in my leadership analysis, due to Meetra's ability to form force bonds with literally anyone, the likelihood of someone she's served with for a while defecting is next to none. If anyone defects it will be the WA.

I covered this in my leadership analysis, due to Meetra's ability to form force bonds with literally anyone, the likelihood of someone she's served with for a while defecting is next to none. If anyone defects it will be the WA.

I'm not sure about any WA member defecting. At least, I don't see a big reason for them to.

Oh.

Ohhhhhh XD

I forgot....

I get the Republic Stealth Ships with Sienar, as they were blockade runners and Transports that could, if you wanted to, be used for Combat.

Now, One quick strike from them on the Drive System (which is a tactic I'd assume Wedge is familiar with) And the entirety of the Hapan Battle Dragon Portion of the fleet is history.

This could either be done right before the fleet engage, whilst the shields are down, or during the battle, when the shields will be directed towards the front, and the brunt of the fire.

Apologies in advance folks but it seems I've made another error here, I realise that the Hapan Battle Dragon should really be classed as a heavy cruiser instead of its current classification of a light cruiser, as while it is the size of a light cruiser its firepower far surpasses that of any comparable model. If anyone objects to this speak now.

P.S. So that will make for a total of 7 Hapans, also because their was a bit of an impromptu alteration to Tune's naval figures, the MC40a will be changed back to the standard figure of 10.