Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira customization 2 for player characters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Kira customization 2 for player characters

AlrikFassbauer
01.19.2019 , 03:44 PM | #1
Hello,

if it still doiesn't exist within the game yet,

then I'd really like to see the Kira Carsen customization 2 to be regularly available for player characters.

I'm currently trying to make a female character with exactly this look, and it doesn't seem to be available, which is a shame, imho : The look is very good !

Alrik
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

PorsaLindahl
01.20.2019 , 01:47 AM | #2
From this thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
I can get you the code from mine if you want it.

My Kira: 1 2 3
NPC Kira: 1 2 3
Maybe send Paul a pm and ask him.

Edit: Sorry. I didn't realize that those were just pics of default Kira. I thought they were links with pics and which settings for the image designer or character creator. Disregard.

SteveTheCynic
01.20.2019 , 06:36 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
From this thread:

Maybe send Paul a pm and ask him.
Paul's codes are for emulating the base (no-customization) Kira on a player character. On a JK, Hair 7 is the closest match for Kira:2's hair, but has two coil-buns on the sides that Kira:2 does not have. If you use a different hair style in the same group, you lose the pin widget from the rear bun *and* the dangly strands by the ears.

I say "on a JK", because the same style on an SW or a JC is Hair 6 (but it's 7 again on an SI). It turns out that the numbering of (human) hairstyles is class dependent, with each class having its own list and order.

Full list of which hair this is, per base class, for humans:
  • Bounty Hunter: 7
  • Imperial Agent: 7
  • Jedi Consular: 6
  • Jedi Knight: 7
  • Sith Inquisitor: 7
  • Sith Warrior: 6
  • Smuggler: 7
  • Trooper: 6
It's worth noting that when you go to different species, the numbers change again - on cyborg and Mirialan Troopers, for example, it's 7 rather than 6.

Conclusion: character slider numbers must be treated with ... care when using any different class or species.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

AlrikFassbauer
01.20.2019 , 07:49 AM | #4
Oh,thank you very much ! I didn't know that this information even existed ! (Aka : That someone made the effort to pull this out !)

The only problem is, that I wanted the Kira customization 2, with which she has a dark skin colour and a hair style that doesn't exist + in this exact form* for ... at least female JK playable characters.

Even the head shape of customization 2 doesn't exist as a playable female JK char in this form (the cheek bones, for example).

I think I got this Kira customization 2 from the Taris vendor (he is very well hidden within the Cantina).
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

SteveTheCynic
01.20.2019 , 08:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Oh,thank you very much ! I didn't know that this information even existed ! (Aka : That someone made the effort to pull this out !)

The only problem is, that I wanted the Kira customization 2, with which she has a dark skin colour and a hair style that doesn't exist + in this exact form* for ... at least female JK playable characters.

Even the head shape of customization 2 doesn't exist as a playable female JK char in this form (the cheek bones, for example).

I think I got this Kira customization 2 from the Taris vendor (he is very well hidden within the Cantina).
The Kira:2 hairstyle doesn't exist for any human female (and probably not other species either), regardless of class - to get the rear hair-pin widget and the dangly tails on the sides, you have to have the coil-buns on the sides as well. (And yes, that vendor does sell the customisation, as does the one in the Bugtown base on Pub Balmorra.)

However, this is far from the only NPC "look" that can't be emulated. Here are some examples:
  • Satele Shan's hair (either from the base game or when she's on Odessen during KotFE) is one example that gets requested from time to time.
  • The other classic is Thana Vesh (Imp Taris planetary story antagonist). You can get really close (including an extremely faithful rendition of her armour set), but there isn't any way to get Thana's bright pink lipstick at the same time as all the rest.
  • Cathar player characters can't get the narrow-faced, pointy-teethed look of e.g. the medicine thief on Ord Mantell, nor the Imp Balmorra Bounty Hunter antagonist NPC (and it's only recently that they've been able to get that Cathar hairstyle).
  • In the Iokath segment of KotET, there's a Zakuulan Fleet Officer who has face cybernetics and Inquisitor-style slave-brand scars. Cyborg player character Inquisitors get "ordinary" scars, not slave brands.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

AlrikFassbauer
01.20.2019 , 09:28 AM | #6
Thanks for that information. I never got that deep into looks and character styles, but it did occur to me that some NPCs just have looks that can't be emulated (like that Chiss Cyborg from Dromund Kaas Bounty Hunting, for example).
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

AlrikFassbauer
01.20.2019 , 10:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
[*]The other classic is Thana Vesh (Imp Taris planetary story antagonist). You can get really close (including an extremely faithful rendition of her armour set), but there isn't any way to get Thana's bright pink lipstick at the same time as all the rest.
I saw that the appearance designer has a few options which come quite close to that, but, indeed, as you have said, not exactly close.
What strikes me most, however, is that there doesn't seem to be no option to have a female JK player character have lips - or the whole head ? - like of that Kira customization 2.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.