Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Hey guys,

Some of you will start to notice the APAC servers becoming visibly locked. This is one of the first steps towards opening free transfers. We are actively working on getting transfers up and running as I type this. I will give you updates as I have them.

-eric

Dont tell me you need another week to get this transfer up... :rak_04:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Some of you will start to notice the APAC servers becoming visibly locked. This is one of the first steps towards opening free transfers. We are actively working on getting transfers up and running as I type this. I will give you updates as I have them.

-eric

Define visibly locked?

On the Select Server screen, under Population, it says LOCKED and is grayed out.

Thanks for the follow up. Hopefully transfers aren't delayed by much if users are becoming locked from playing their characters.

• Dev Post
Thanks for the follow up. Hopefully transfers aren't delayed by much if users are becoming locked from playing their characters.

Hey Samuel,

Actually, for a player who currently plays on an APAC server, there is no effect. You can still play your current characters and even make new ones! What the lock does is stop players who do not have characters on APAC servers at all, from making new ones.

Again, if you're an APAC player who plays on an APAC server, this has no effect on your ability to play.

-eric

Ok, I'm looking to request my transfers but I can't figure out how to do it. Anyone know?

Edit: Ok I went back to the last page and read up. Darn... I was looking forward to getting over to Harbinger.

Edited by Draloch

Hey Samuel,

Actually, for a player who currently plays on an APAC server, there is no effect. You can still play your current characters and even make new ones! What the lock does is stop players who do not have characters on APAC servers at all, from making new ones.

Again, if you're an APAC player who plays on an APAC server, this has no effect on your ability to play.

-eric

So when are the APAC servers being turned off ? I'd like to stay on my server until the last possible minute then decide if I want to continue with the game.

why does it say my characters are locked because i copyed them to test center not sure

Azra 50 Locked

Terri 50 Locked

Latisha 50 Locked

Melvina 50 Locked

trying to move them from Master Dar'Nala to Shadowlands

Edited by Massamo

Hey Samuel,

-eric

Is there a certain level you must be, I've tried logging on to Gav Daragon where I have extremely low leveled toons. < 10 and it wont allow me to.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that your free transfers are now open! In order to transfer your character, follow these steps:

• Go to your “My Account” page by clicking on your username in the top right corner of SWTOR.com
  • On the left hand side, scroll down to Character Transfer
  • Once there, select your current APAC server and then the character you wish to transfer
  • Now select your destination server (where you want to move your character to)
  • Press the transfer button

One thing to keep in mind is that any characters which you do not transfer will be moved as a part of the APAC server consolidations as follows:

• Dalborra -> The Harbinger
  • Master Dar’Nala -> The Bastion
  • Gav Daragon -> Bergeren Colony

Server consolidations will happen in approximately 60 days, more info to follow. Thanks!

-eric

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that your free transfers are now open! In order to transfer your character, follow these steps:

• Go to your “My Account” page by clicking on your username in the top right corner of SWTOR.com
  • On the left hand side, scroll down to Character Transfer
  • Once there, select your current APAC server and then the character you wish to transfer
  • Now select your destination server (where you want to move your character to)
  • Press the transfer button

One thing to keep in mind is that any characters which you do not transfer will be moved as a part of the APAC server consolidations as follows:

• Dalborra -> The Harbinger
  • Master Dar’Nala -> The Bastion
  • Gav Daragon -> Bergeren Colony

Server consolidations will happen in approximately 60 days, more info to follow. Thanks!

-eric

Thank you.

Out of my six toons on the MDN server I have four that are locked.

I did use those four toons on the PTS.

Would be nice if could transfer these.

Same here, I have 6 locked, only 2 were successfully copied to the PTS though, the others failed to copy. This was some time ago too, more than the 72 hours stated in the conditions for transfers.

I have four that are locked, but noticed I was only able to rename one so far of those that did transfer while the others seem to be logging in without being able to rename them first. Edited by sabbey