Maelstrom Prison

Maelstrom Prison from what people are telling me requires a completely different flashpoint to unlock it

Seriously guys? This isn't *********** Molten Core

Why do I have to unlock a *********** flashpoint?

Just got kicked from a team even though I am supposedly the correct level because I didn't unlock the other mission when I was 35

THANKS BIOWARE

• 1 month later...
Maelstrom Prison from what people are telling me requires a completely different flashpoint to unlock it

Seriously guys? This isn't *********** Molten Core

Why do I have to unlock a *********** flashpoint?

Just got kicked from a team even though I am supposedly the correct level because I didn't unlock the other mission when I was 35

THANKS BIOWARE

Since you obviously are not aware......

You will have to complete each Flashpoint on normal mode before you unlock the hard mode version of it.

You will have to complete each Flashpoint on normal mode before you unlock the hard mode version of it.

So wrong.....

You dont have to do the normal one to enter a hard one. I did several Flashpoints on hard and never done them on normal. Even though it should be a requirement imo.

But certain Flashpoints need some requirements. As Directive 7 need this Violent upraising and Maelstrom Prison seems to need Taral V (cant confirm this though).

Apparently you've never played KoTOR. And yes you need to do Taral V first, because it's part of The Jedi Prisoner quest. and if you've played KoTOR then you will thoroughly enjoy this quest. ALSO, if you're high enough level to do Maelstrom. Then you can solo, at the very least two-man. Taral V. It's insanely easy compared to Maelstrom.

Both republic and imperial sides have a connected 2 fp storyline which needs to be done in order. Taral and Maelstrom in this case, not really a big deal if you are going hm because you can solo them in a matter of minutes at 50 :). The exception is, although another storyline fp, Battle of Ilum and False Emperor which you dont need to finish anything in order or normal mode. And you dont need to do any fp except Taral and Mael in nm to go in hm.

Battle of Ilum, False Emporer, Esseles, Taral V, and Maelstrom would not let half of our pre-made join because they had not completed the normal version yet. Once we ran them through the normal version, they could then select the hard mode.

How you are able to enter a HM flashpoint without completing the normal mode.......

Either we are bugged and cannot do it, or you are bugged and can.

I have never done Battle for Ilum or False Emperor on normal. Only on hard. So it does work.

But you should not have the normal one in your quest log. If you are doing the pre quest for the flashpoints, you get as well the normal one in your quest book. This one has to be dropped and than you should be able to choose the hard/normal mode when you talk to the NPC at the entrance.

I have never done Battle for Ilum or False Emperor on normal. Only on hard. So it does work.

But you should not have the normal one in your quest log. If you are doing the pre quest for the flashpoints, you get as well the normal one in your quest book. This one has to be dropped and than you should be able to choose the hard/normal mode when you talk to the NPC at the entrance.

This. I have explained this to people so...many...times. And everytime I do that the hard mode suddenly works for them.

No you don't. When you get the one-time quest for the FP, you also automatically get the normal [GROUP] quest. Drop that and you will be able to pick up the HM quest from the NPC.

I'm not sure about Maelstrom/Foundry since it does require the previous FP, but every other FP works this way.

• 5 years later...
Battle of Ilum, False Emporer, Esseles, Taral V, and Maelstrom would not let half of our pre-made join because they had not completed the normal version yet. Once we ran them through the normal version, they could then select the hard mode.

How you are able to enter a HM flashpoint without completing the normal mode.......

Either we are bugged and cannot do it, or you are bugged and can.

It's not bugged.

• 2 weeks later...