Chiss specific dialogue.

ForjKlahaa

So I finally made a Chiss agent a month or so ago to unlock the species while I was doing DvL but I deleted her when she got to 50 because I was also trying out the Sniper AC and I hated it.

Anyway, now I've made another Chiss agent (a guy this time) and I wanted to know if anyone can remember quests where you get specific Chiss dialogue. I was surprised talking to Kaliyo that I was able to talk about my specific species and not just get the generic alien dialogue and when I was on Balmorra and picked up the quest in Sobrik to hide something from the Chiss, there was species specific dialogue again.

Obviously I'm not going to do every quest in the game but if there are any that anyone remembers, I'd be grateful if you could let me know so I don't miss them. Obviously I'll keep an eye out for Chiss quest givers and such and I remember that guy on Hoth who might have something to say but I never got that far with my last agent.

Thanks if you can help.

During your class story on Voss you may recount your past as an operative for the Csillian Secret Police.

Hoth is nice as an imperial player. Playing a republic Chiss however, is laughable. When my Chiss Jedi reached Hoth, the locals told her Chiss were blue people with red eyes. I sat there like "You don't say"

Edited by lcharas

From what I remember from playing my Chiss Agent and a Chiss Bounty Hunter, the majority of the Chiss specific dialog was on Hoth with the Agent receiving significantly more because of storyline. Outside of that it seemed more getting either the generic alien mentions or nothing at all.

During your class story on Voss you may recount your past as an operative for the Csillian Secret Police.

Hoth is nice as an imperial player. Playing a republic Chiss however, is laughable. When my Chiss Jedi reached Hoth, the locals told her Chiss were blue people with red eyes. I sat there like "You don't say"

Thanks for this.I thought there might be something to it because the whole story revolved around the Chiss officer proving his worth among the humans but I'd only ever played it though on human characters before (although I always recommend him for the promotion).

On of the reasons I never bothered playing most aliens was because the game only seemed to mention "You're an alien" and that's all there was to it. So I never felt the urge to RP most races unless I really liked how they looked. A while back I made Twi'lek assassin and I can't remember how far it was into the story but it was someone talking about my rise to power and they said "A Twi'lek slave!" and I was really taken back because it was the first time I'd heard my actual species being brought up. I'm guessing that there must be more content for the starter aliens that you don't have to unlock but I'm not sure which ones are which because they are all unlocked for me now. Also I think I read somewhere that there were restrictions on non-subs as well so there was only one starter alien per class (which is probably the species with most content).

As for the Chiss Jedi, I think I read that they still have a romance line with Aric where he says he doesn't feel he can be with a non-cathar even if you are a cathar. I really wish there were more opportunities to talk about your species and non-sensical dialogue like this could be changed even if they just omitted a few lines.

And that mission where a Chiss is trying to defect and you (even as a Chiss) still have the option to call your own kind "The Imperial blue guys" :rolleyes:

Infiltrating the treasure ship over Nar Shaddaa? The Imperal guy says he's expecting a Chiss and remarks that you don't look like a Chiss, even if you are one, or so I'm told.

He did with my Chiss Smuggler. It's also that mission that made me realize, Mirialan (male at that) had to be the canon race for the class.

I have a Mirialan male and a Twi'lek female smuggler... due to being creeped out by Corso, I've made much more actual progress on my male.

It's been admitted that Corso was last minute LI, as the story was written for a male smuggler. My guess on Mirialan, is that's the only way the Chiss comment makes any sense imo. "Wait, aren't they blue." Makes more sense to me, if one was Mirialan, than a human or twi'lek (everyone knows what a twi'lek is).

It's been admitted that Corso was last minute LI, as the story was written for a male smuggler. My guess on Mirialan, is that's the only way the Chiss comment makes any sense imo. "Wait, aren't they blue." Makes more sense to me, if one was Mirialan, than a human or twi'lek (everyone knows what a twi'lek is).

You had very specific races you could choose from at launch. Can't remember those anymore, but I assume a Chiss couldn't be a smuggler. Anyway. Now you can play every class with every race and sometimes it doesn't make sense lorewise or even with those storylines here. But this is one of the things they wont change I suppose.

You had very specific races you could choose from at launch. Can't remember those anymore, but I assume a Chiss couldn't be a smuggler. Anyway. Now you can play every class with every race and sometimes it doesn't make sense lorewise or even with those storylines here. But this is one of the things they wont change I suppose.

That I know :) It also helps a bit in figuring which was likely the right race/gender.

• 1 year later...
Is there any recognition for being a Chiss on the Republic side? I would hope there is, given Chiss are normally allied with the imperials and it’d be pretty unique for a Chiss to be an important member of the Republic.

There isn't, because in the game's original design, no Republic class could ever be Chiss. That didn't become possible until the introduction of legacies, some time after release. (Cathar, being generally a post-release thing, have the same problem, but *everywhere*. Cathar troopers and smugglers who take the "Stolen Medicines" mission on Ord Mantell will be treated to a lecture about what Cathar are, as if they themselves aren't one, to cite just one example.)

There isn't, because in the game's original design, no Republic class could ever be Chiss. That didn't become possible until the introduction of legacies, some time after release. (Cathar, being generally a post-release thing, have the same problem, but *everywhere*. Cathar troopers and smugglers who take the "Stolen Medicines" mission on Ord Mantell will be treated to a lecture about what Cathar are, as if they themselves aren't one, to cite just one example.)

Jorgan telling my female Cathar who romanced him that they wouldn't be able to have kids because she wasn't a Cathar was especially special lol

• 4 months later...

Atm I'm doing a whole Server Legacy full of Chiss in every Class so will Keep updated.

First instance: Lihn in Nemro's Palace called me her "Chiss Friend" as she gave me a mission to go see the trainer.

Special note: Even tho my Chiss is male, she had me role play her friend as she would a female. With Human males, she role plays the ex girlfriend. Didn't know my dear friend was so racist :mad:

I believe if you reach to the Nathama Conspiracy story quest... there is a few short dialog as you fight through that mentions your heritage and varies depending your class... I remember as a Chiss Inquisitor being remark for being a Force Sensitive and how the Chiss view them... and my character replying to that remark.

Also you get an e-mail that changes in content depending on your actions and choices that remark specially if your a Chiss and mentions in almost a direct way that the Chiss Ascendancy has been monitoring your actions from the start and have even help you from the shadows...

It left me wondering over a lot of things... as Inquisitor...Was it luck, the Force or Chiss Ascendancy that in the first chapter, and at the beginning of the second show, just how circumstantial was all this story whole situation if it was at all:

1. At the end of Korribban. If Zash wouldn't be checked in earlier, then we would be good as dead for "failure" (Unless someone tip her of your existence?). Also we were given unfairly difficult tasks, and tried to be assassinated twice. (The Chiss Ascendancy help maybe?)

2. First time entering the ancestor's tomb. If he weren't our ancestor we would have been killed. (The will of the Force, luck, the Chiss Ascendancy or all of the above?)

3. Second time we go into a guarded tomb, and the ancestor saves us. (The will of the Force?)

4. With Thanaton's trying to kill us... (Maybe the Chiss Ascendancy help a bit or maybe a bit of everything since we do a lot in order to face him in the end...)

I really wish we get more of this in the future through game content for Chiss and their current class choices, it was really awesome even if it was little bits of content what happens in that mission... it really gave depth to the characters choices going as far as mentioning something about your class and the view of the Chiss Ascendancy saw you in it as a Chiss yourself and even more fun seeing our characters own reaction on the subject!

Edited by Zehal