Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So frustrated. (Spoilers)


Vego_Mohenjo's Avatar


Vego_Mohenjo
09.15.2019 , 08:26 PM | #1
So, I've spent the last week doing the macrobinocular missions on my Sage. I've been enjoying them, it's nice to have a challenge that isn't beating things up. The puzzles are a very welcome change.

However, tonight something changed that has soured and essentially ended the whole arc for me.

It began with a mission on Nar Shaddaa chasing some bad guy by jumping from car to car to car, all while moving around, and all while being assaulted by 12-1 odds, all strong or elite foes. The jumping was bad enough, I've NEVER enjoyed that crap, since I spent 16 hours trying to jump up a bunch of boxes in the original Armored Core. Fighting the foes was kind of a nice switch though, as they were actually a challenge.

That brought me to the last mission, to find the Shroud. I infiltrated his lair, beat up some droids, then found I had to activate four buttons at once. I'm ONE person. In other words, the quest line is over, because I can't seem to get anyone to help with this damn thing.

It's incredibly frustrating being trapped in a situation where I CANNOT do anything for myself. Spoiled the whole experience. All that work all that effort... and after spending hours on that damned jumping nonsense... to be basically given the finger by this idiotic mechanic...

Disappointing. Frustrating.

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
09.16.2019 , 07:42 AM | #2
Well, rather than complaining and giving up, maybe you should post a message on this forum or in General Discussion, or on your server's forum, or even just in general chat, looking for people to help complete it.
I think I have at least one character that is at that point.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
09.16.2019 , 09:17 AM | #3
The last mission for both the macrobinoculars (MB) and seeker droid (SD) mission chains were heroic 4 missions upon release with update 2.0. When BW revamped heroics they did not change these three (the penultimate MB mission is also H4 but easily soloed). While the last SD mission can be soloed with a comp, with difficulty and a lot of comp micromanagement, the final mission in the MB series still requires four people in order to do the puzzles. While it would be nice if BW changed these to be soloable, because it is difficult to find groups to do them, it is possible to find people who are doing it. Recently, I started the MB and SD missions on another character. I completed the planet hopping for both the same day, and just as I was doing the frogger in space mission I got a group for the last Shroud mission. So it is possible. I was able to get a group to do the last SD mission about a week later, but I have characters who have done everything in the MB and SD missions up to the H4 and just have them sitting in their mission logs taking up space. Even if you don't complete the last missions you can still use the MB and SD to, for example, complete the optional missions on Oricon.

If you do want to find a group I suggest asking in general chat on both the fleet and Nar Shaddaa (or Ilum for the SD mission). Once you have someone else position one of you on each (fleet and planet) and keep asking. It might take a while but you should be able to find people who will help. Note that the people who join you don't have to be on the mission. They can enter the phase after you have. They'll just have to wait for you to activate terminals to progress the mission.

If you're on Star Forge I have character that need to complete these.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Vego_Mohenjo's Avatar


Vego_Mohenjo
09.16.2019 , 08:52 PM | #4
Again, I'm not bothered by the increased difficulty. Harder foes I can handle. Even the jumping puzzle (which I loathe) is manageable. The problem is that this quest line which has been soloable (even these last couple, with some difficulty) suddenly is undoable without additional players. Enemies, I can defeat given time and strategy. Jumping puzzles I can solve given time and strategy. It's IMPOSSIBLE for me to press four buttons at once, no matter how much time or strategy I use. THAT I object to.

GhOsTPrOz's Avatar


GhOsTPrOz
09.18.2019 , 06:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vego_Mohenjo View Post
Again, I'm not bothered by the increased difficulty. Harder foes I can handle. Even the jumping puzzle (which I loathe) is manageable. The problem is that this quest line which has been soloable (even these last couple, with some difficulty) suddenly is undoable without additional players. Enemies, I can defeat given time and strategy. Jumping puzzles I can solve given time and strategy. It's IMPOSSIBLE for me to press four buttons at once, no matter how much time or strategy I use. THAT I object to.
Don't play an MMO if you want a single player experience ?
<Tragic Heroes> Star Forge
<It's A Trap> Darth Malgus
http://tragicheroes.enjin.com/
Free stuff - http://www.swtor.com/r/XsKLPx

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
09.18.2019 , 06:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GhOsTPrOz View Post
Don't play an MMO if you want a single player experience ?
Maybe BW should stop making mission chains that are solo only that end with a group required mission. Maybe they should finish the job they started in making heroics more solo friendly (e.g. Aurora Cannon in Section X). Maybe you should accept the fact that the majority of content in this game is single player focused and has been that way since launch.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
09.18.2019 , 08:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Maybe BW should stop making mission chains that are solo only that end with a group required mission. Maybe they should finish the job they started in making heroics more solo friendly (e.g. Aurora Cannon in Section X). Maybe you should accept the fact that the majority of content in this game is single player focused and has been that way since launch.
When the MB and SD missions were first introduced, they were group missions, and at that time it was normal to do them with a group, especially the final Heroics. Just because they can now be done solo (with companion), doesn't mean they were not group content initially.
Some Heroics and Flashpoints are just not easily converted into solo mode.
The game has not been "single player focused since launch". Initially, ALL the content was group focused - about the only things not group focused were the character story cut scenes.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

DarkGruffalo's Avatar


DarkGruffalo
09.18.2019 , 09:14 AM | #8
Not only that, but it states it's a H4, while all other H4 became H2's, these remaind H4, that alone should be an indicator that it is not soloable. Saying that, there has been talk recently about it being fixed like the sec x mission, so that it can be soloable.
Feel free to use this, free stuff for both, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda , or yaddle maybe

http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
09.18.2019 , 10:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
When the MB and SD missions were first introduced, they were group missions, and at that time it was normal to do them with a group, especially the final Heroics. Just because they can now be done solo (with companion), doesn't mean they were not group content initially.
Some Heroics and Flashpoints are just not easily converted into solo mode.
I do believe I addressed the fact that they were group orientated in my initial post.

Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
The last mission for both the macrobinoculars (MB) and seeker droid (SD) mission chains were heroic 4 missions upon release with update 2.0. When BW revamped heroics they did not change these three (the penultimate MB mission is also H4 but easily soloed).
Further, Aurora Cannon on Section X. Your argument is without merit.

Quote:
The game has not been "single player focused since launch". Initially, ALL the content was group focused - about the only things not group focused were the character story cut scenes
The entire class story. The planet stories. Side missions. Most area missions. Exploration missions. Pretty much the entire story, and the vast majority of content on every single planet, all solo focused that could (could =/= must) be grouped to complete but was all entirely designed to be soloed. Heroics, several of which that could be soloed at level, flashpoints, and the two original OPs were the entire sum of group required content. Group finder wasn't even added until update 1.3. Why you people keep trying to argue against this fact is baffling. The greatest amount of content, the story from the starter planet through the end of Ossus, is designed for solo play. At the outset the group content was the repeatable content. The stuff to keep you busy after you've done all of the story solo.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
09.19.2019 , 03:47 AM | #10
This keeps on poping up and I still say the same.....

Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid, along with missions like getting HK are very very well done missions as they offer something new and different. The play style of the missions is much more complicated than the basic "go there click this" or "kill that" or "collect this" missions. That is what makes them exceptional and interesting. Sure, they require people in the end, its an MMO after all.

Keep in mind that you just need 2 people for the last Seeker Droid mission and the 3 additional people you need for Macrobinocular mission DON NOT NEED to have the mission. Just the leader needs the mission so just collect 3 people on fleet willing to help you, its like 20-30 minutes.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015