KillaDeuce

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know your roll in hutball

-Tanks carry ball

-Healers follow ball carriers

-half of dps peels for tank while the others control mid (situation dependent)

-DO NOT stun when enemy ball carrier near fire, slows are preferred. (when they walk over the fire pit is the only exception. This messes up teammates who might have a pull or leap)

thank you for adding to the thread. This is the type of response I enjoy most.

Good read, apparently I already read it as it wouldn't let me give it 5 stars again.

This is a good thread to link anyone who creates another premade complaint thread. Perhaps even change the title to: Situational Awareness: How to improve your solo queue WZ experience.

thank you

edit: Apparently the Title edit will not stick. :(

Edited by KillaDeuce

Good stuff - a lot of common sense there.

Some ideas for Novarre Coast -

a. If each side has one node and your team capped first (i.e., is ahead in points on the timer), then maintain the node stalemate and don't take foolish risks at the opposing node. Your team should win regardless.

b. Two guards at your edge node is often recommended but it is not (always) the best strategy, despite what some people think.

i) If you are one of the guards, then try to find out how the battle at the other nodes is doing. If no one tells you (vent or text), then keep track of the deaths. Lots of deaths means that the other side probably has an extra man in the middle and one guard should probably go. (But always check the scoreboard first.)

ii) If your team is down in nodes and points, then two guards at your lone node is rarely the best use of manpower.

c. If the battle is a mid-node slugfest, then try to keep an eye out for the healers. They might be the difference between gaining and losing that node. (An attacked healer will not be an effective healer -- both for your side and theirs.) And remember a cc'd healer can mean a quick death for your side or their side.

d. If your team has only one node, and your point score divides into the opponents' by 2, then your team needs all 3 nodes to win. (At this point, try to decide as a group whether it is in your interest to gather some defensive medals for better gear later -- or keep on slugging it out.)

e. The far node (snow/grass) which your team cannot access easily from the start is the hardest to keep, so don't be surprised if your team loses it. There are only 2 ways to get to the far nodes: (1) the north/south exit from mid and (2) the tunnel. It's not hard for a strong team to shut down the opponent by blocking these two routes.

f. Stuck guarding the lone node at grass/snow by yourself?

i) Guarding the lone node at snow/grass can be done effectively by shadow/assassin tanks. Or by a ranged DPS by taking a position a short distance away from the pad.

ii) Let them know if the area is clear at certain intervals. It lets them know: (1) you are not AFK; (2) not busy playing on your cellphone; (3) not watching television; and (4) as an added bonus, when you don't respond, they know that probably something is up. (Oh, and make sure you call your incoming opponents and the number, if you can.)

iii) Let the team know when that 1/2 way mark is reached (see "d" above) and also if you managed to get a small lead in points when capping.

Edited by Grue_Hunter

Gotta disagree with you there. DPS specced sage/sorcerers are the 3rd best node guard now. They have a 2nd cc break with force barrier, also if lightning specced they can stand on top of the node and pop their bubble to interrupt a cap if a stealther try's to sap cap them. Also madness is one of the strongest 1v1 classes if played right, especially with all of the LoS in civil war. It should take an eternity to kill them if you manage to do so and by then if reinforcements haven't come then you were destined to lose.

Tank specced juggs should always be at the main fight. That is where they shine. DPS juggs are best there too. Otherwise I agree!

WRONG! AP PTs are awesome guards.Shoulder cannon FTW.

Here are some things that I have learned...

If you are not guarding a node, you or somebody should focus whomever is guarding in case they can't/don't call incoming and pay attention to their health bar.

If you have multiple sages/sorc in Huttball, they should position themselves to pull the ball carrier if possible.

Don't over-commit to a incoming call. If the person guarding calls 1 incoming, don't let the whole team run off leaving 1 or 2 people to guard the other node.

For CW, NC and AH, your team needs to push the other team back so that you can have 1 or 2 people cap/get orbs. If you get pushed away from mid you are almost guaranteed to lose the node/orbs.

• 1 month later...

another good strat, don't know if it was mentioned, but in Novaro Coast, if you are holding east/west, and one is under attack, rotate as people die.

For example, if you are imp, 2 defenders east, someone dies on the west, send 1 from east, and the one that died can reinforce east easily.

In Voidstar, I've only seen 1 possible exception to multi-cappers. One person caps farthest away, another caps shorted and inline of the longer. I've seen this a few times. Everyone goes for the closer one, especially smash monkeys and miss the guy long. Most likely they are tabbing to the closest person they drop down too. And typically, it's only a tick difference, but realistically, a lot of caps are only a tick off. Especially against decent teams. But I agree, most times, defense is more important.

Good stuff - a lot of common sense there.

Some ideas for Novarre Coast -

a. If each side has one node and your team capped first (i.e., is ahead in points on the timer), then maintain the node stalemate and don't take foolish risks at the opposing node. Your team should win regardless.

This is incorrect. In Novare Coast, no team loses points unless the opposing team has 2-3 nodes. A stalemate of one node each only makes the game an unending 100% for both, and focussing south to maintain the stalemate gives the enemy the chance to murder your native node.

What you said applies to Alderaan Civil War. And since you mentioned "snow" and "grass" later on in your post, I assume that is what you meant. :p

Where's the part, where you tell people to do damage? You are not going to cap ****, if all enemies are alive. If you are not getting your 360k medal easily, you are doing something wrong.

The Huttball is not gonna be in the enemy endzone if you are damaging the other team far away from an ideal passing location.

Voidstar bombs will never be planted if you solely try to win by damaging. Some times breaking off to the other door alone and keeping 3-4 enemies busy there can be the difference between a decisive loss and a win.

Capping mid or the opponents native node is near impossible against a good team. You kill everyone, and they just come right back, you CC people before they interrupt you and it doesn't matter how much damage you have.

Ancient Hypergates: Mid is always won by the team with more healers. If the enemy has more healer, you can get 1 million damage each and still lose. Far better to not let hem cap their own node in round 3 and above.

Now, obviously a DPS who under ideal conditions doesn't get 300-400k damage is doing bad. But the dude that had 100k damage and 15k objective points in Huttball did more for your victory than the guy with 1 million damage and 1k objective points.