Summer of SWTOR Update

BruceMaclean

Will you need to have 75s to run these new operations?

I sure as heck hope not. It would be disastrous to put Nightmare Mode and Story on the same progression track, as those two difficulties are not at all designed for the same groups of players.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I am getting that some of you are frustrated that there are also Operations coming in 2.4 as a PvP player. This is in no way taking away from the content you are getting. It just means that on top of being an update with PvP content, it also has PvE content in it as well. It is just a bigger update for everyone!

To specifically address some of the concerns I am seeing in the thread. First, the 4v4 Warzone Arenas are not scaled down versions of the current 8v8 maps. They are a brand new Warzone type (deathmatch) on their own brand new maps! Note: Plural! You will see more than one map at launch.

As some have said, this is not the only thing coming in 2.4. We have stated before in this thread the purpose of this is to give you an overview, it does not have every detail. Some of your other concerns...such as queuing for Ranked, will be addressed along with 2.4. We are still working on details and 2.4 is still a ways off. We will continue to release information as we lock things in.

I want to add on a personal note that one of the things I have enjoyed most over the past month or two at work is our twice a week Warzone Arena playtests. I am someone who primarily PvPs when I play SWTOR and they are so, so much fun. I cannot wait for you guys to get your hands on them!

-eric

Darn you Musco, beating me with a response *shacks fist at clouds*

Hey guys,

To specifically address some of the concerns I am seeing in the thread. First, the 4v4 Warzone Arenas are not scaled down versions of the current 8v8 maps. They are a brand new Warzone type (deathmatch) on their own brand new maps! Note: Plural! You will see more than one map at launch.

Thanks for the clarification, eric! :)

Edited by chuixupu

Does PvP centric mean PvP exclusive? They really have not said much yet on 2.4.

My point being, they really have not told any of us enough yet to go flying off the cliff... but hey.. you guys do what you gotta do I guess. :)

I'm with this. There are no details. What if 4v4 arenas are 5 brand new maps in un-ranked and the start of season 1 cross-server ranked pvp, with different objectives (like new huttball, Free for all king of the hill, etc)?

No details = No bloodfrenzy needed.....yet.

edit:

[snip]

SEE??

Edited by Niomo

You don't find 4v4 arenas even remotely interesting?

Mildly. I was expecting alot more after they hyped 2.4 as the patch that would save pvp. Those arena's better be mind shatteringly amazing or this bait and switch will be the nail in the coffin for the pvp subs who've hung around all expansion long desperate for a bone to be thrown our way.

Very nice. :)

And in other news... PvPers are rallying for war over this announcement in the forums (because they think they own patch content) AND Treek now feels very loney and ignored. :p

You know, if you purposely miss the point on everyone's post for the simple sake of defending the game, it gets tired and old and people stop listening.

You KNOW what the PvPers are complaining about, and it's not some delusional thinking about what "should" be in patches.

We were TOLD by this same guy that 2.4 would be a massive PvP patch, finally, and that we'll "love it!".

That's not what this patch looks like. THAT'S what they're complaining about: once again being told one thing only to find out later it was nothing more than PR to try and hold onto whatever subs haven't fled this game like rats off a burning ship.

I'm jumping off too now, the mere promise of cheese isn't enough. I'll only play the battered girlfriend for so long. Before anyone asks, my stuff is tabbed.

BTW, if Eric reads this and passes ANY of this thread along to the devs, (unlikely since we know they don't respond to feedback, and equally unlikely that Eric talks to them for the same reason), let them know that we've tried the game THEY wanted to make, if they want it to survive start making the game the players want.

I'm hopeful 4x4 arenas aren't the only thing coming to PVP subs in 2.4, if so my sub is likely lost until the sssp (if thats even real, or pvp centric). I have supported SWTOR since before launch, brought my whole WoW guild over and stuck around after they left BECAUSE i enjoy the pvp so much in swtor. It's fast paced and enthralling, but woefully starved of content.

We didn't even get new valor ranks for this expansion. That takes all of a lunch break to code in. What gives? Is gabe the only pvp dev left in the office? Why the lack of meaningful content all expansion long? Pvp subs are subs too, and many people I know only sub for alts and pvp. Why treat us like second class subs? This massive pvp patch you've hyped all summer just sounds like it's more PVE centric, with some pvp gear and some arena's thrown in. It should have been multiple new warzones, arena's, new gear, new valor, the start of s1, some world pvp on the new planet, and maybe retire the old pvp ranks with the new ones for prestige sake. Please tell me there's alot more behind the curtain than just 4x4 arena's, if not this is the nail in the coffin for the pvp sub.....

I love SWTOR, but it's becoming clear that the PVP devs don't love the game as much as I do. /sigh. I guess SWTOR won't be the MMO I stay with long term if this is the respect they have for the pvp sub. Quit treating your pvp subs like 2nd class subs BW. You have a great pvp system, but you are killing it by never giving it support.

Thats a lot of subs in the text wall. Bioware better listen to you.....:rolleyes:(Insert sarcasim here)

You know, if you purposely miss the point on everyone's post for the simple sake of defending the game, it gets tired and old and people stop listening.

You KNOW what the PvPers are complaining about, and it's not some delusional thinking about what "should" be in patches.

Hang on buddy, we KNOW only what you are complaining about. Im a PvPer and im looking forward to it, so dont presume ALL pvpers agree with your point of view. Arena's are something I as a pvper have wanted since launch.

Now you may be upset at the over view only having two bullet points for PVP, but you need to start using the reading comprehension skills you should have learnt at school and understand that "THE LIST IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE" as Eric has already stated.

Personally, if Eric says its great, and he is excited about it, i take his word for it. I have no reason not to.

Edited by Yndras

Huh, was I crying? I didn't see that. Just not surprised that people are getting angry about something when they didn't read the entire post.

Yes. You were indeed whining about whiners.

Here's a tissue for your QQ.

Does PvP centric mean PvP exclusive? They really have not said much yet on 2.4.

My point being, they really have not told any of us enough yet to go flying off the cliff... but hey.. you guys do what you gotta do I guess.:)

Even as a BW fanboi, you can't by any stretch deduce from the information provided that 2.4 is a PvP-centric update, which is what PvPers have been told by BW for the last two months. It's a PvE update with one PvP addition. Extremely disappointing from a PvP perspective. As a PvEr, I don't expect you or any other like-minded player to understand.

And if you have been around since EGA, like I have, not an exhaustive list amounts to jack squat with BW. They just haven't told us everything that will be coming in the Cartel Market.

I'm almost done with my Sorc and JK stories. When I finish those, I will have completed all the class stories and be unsubbing from SWTOR. This game has just lost its bearing in regard to PvP and I can't stick with it anymore.

If I was facing the scenario you describe above... I would go find the MMO that meets my needs.

You are absolutely right. BF4 will be launched around the same time as 2.4 and I will be hitting that up for my PvP gaming fix. Not really looking for another MMO. I'll probably just retire from them altogether. They just aren't for PvPers anymore.

Btw, I'm sure my statement above thrills the suits of BW. EA won't care much though since they have a hand in BF4. lol

Point me to PvE-centric patches that had ANY PvP content as well.

GG

There. Fixed it for you. Just keeping it real.

Hang on buddy, we KNOW only what you are complaining about. Im a PvPer and im looking forward to it, so dont presume ALL pvpers agree with your point of view. Arena's are something I as a pvper have wanted since launch.

Now you may be upset at the over view only having two bullet points for PVP, but you need to start using the reading comprehension skills you should have learnt at school and understand that "THE LIST IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE" as Eric has already stated.

Personally, if Eric says its great, and he is excited about it, i take his word for it. I have no reason not to.

You talk about reading comprehension, but I never mentioned anything about the ratio of PvP to PvE content......

You accuse me of presumption, and go ahead with your own.

Again, the problem isn't the ratio of PvP to PvE, it's what they're doing, or not doing, for PvP.

This is a Star WARS MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game, yet we don't have any "wars" and the engine can't handle anything "massively multiplayer". They keep telling us they're going to fix this, and the last time they did we wound up with today's "update".

So don't lecture me about reading comprehension if you didn't bother to read my post.

Also, as to your trust thing, remember the Banana Sage? Just before they revealed that set of gear, they told us we were going to "love it!". Yet they were forced to change it within 3-days of revealing it on the PTS because of the backlash.....yeah, we "loved it!" alright. It's habitual, like they can't think of any other way to describe things than, "I love it!"

Seriously, where has YOUR reading comprehension been all year if you still trust all the "I love its!"

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

What do you know what the pvp sub wants? My PVP sub wants this very much, so you just stop talking on behalf of me please.

Go to the PVP forums. Count how many threads are there asking for arena's and get back at me. Arenas are great and all, but for a patch billed as the savior to PVP all year long, this is a resounding disappointment. Don't believe me? Go read this entire thread. I'm sure arena's will be fun, but it's very underwhelming. I was expecting a ton of PVP content, instead I get arena's i'll likely never do but a couple of times and a bunch of patch notes about PVE content. The PVE content for the PVP patch is larger than the PVP, ffs! BW is dropping the ball here with 2.4 if Arena's and another gear grind are all they are bringing to the table for pvp.

As some have said, this is not the only thing coming in 2.4. We have stated before in this thread the purpose of this is to give you an overview, it does not have every detail. Some of your other concerns...such as queuing for Ranked, will be addressed along with 2.4. We are still working on details and 2.4 is still a ways off. We will continue to release information as we lock things in.

I suggest you release more information about the MAJOR PvP stuff then. A few arenas aren't what was being asked for, especially since they're limited to 4v4. Maybe you can toss out a few other "details" to quell the frustration?

More gear grinding? Eugh why can't we just have 3 seperate tiers and just stick with them ffs....and having what bioware have hyped up to be a "pvp patch" to a half pve and half pvp patch when we've gotten **** for the last what more than half a year?

You don't find 4v4 arenas even remotely interesting?

As an additional activity, sure...but smaller scale PvP is NOT what I want. This is an MMO - why the hell would they promote smaller and smaller scale crap? They'll be great fillers, but more WZ's, since that seems to be the ONLY option we have with the current engine, are what is needed...variety! We need more freaking maps.

I suggest you release more information about the MAJOR PvP stuff then. A few arenas aren't what was being asked for, especially since they're limited to 4v4. Maybe you can toss out a few other "details" to quell the frustration?

Well he can make poison or adrenals with Quell , I'm pretty sure he won't give us either , well I'm not sure .

On a serious note though I think he already stayed at work a bit late and typed a few paragraphs post , giving us more information. Thank you eric.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Wrong. They have stated again and again that they'd like to do them and that they were coming (soon), although they have been silent on the topic since they last said they wanted to implement them, which was in January and March of this year. We'd just like to finally get a target date/patch. Many including myself have cancelled my subscription because we still lack chat bubbles or any target date. If they finally gave us a patch number they targeted chat bubbles for and it isn't too far off so we can have something to look forward for, I and many others might just hang in there and renew my subscription when it expires to further fund the development of chat bubbles.

No. This is incorrect. They had chat bubbles in Beta for several patches, but ultimately got rid of them due to the immense strain on system performance. There is no "fix" in the works as the engine the game is built on can't handle the stress. It's not gonna happen. End of story. So you and Glzmo might as well find some other defeated topic to champion because this chapter is closed. Sorry.

Hey guys,

I am getting that some of you are frustrated that there are also Operations coming in 2.4 as a PvP player. This is in no way taking away from the content you are getting. It just means that on top of being an update with PvP content, it also has PvE content in it as well. It is just a bigger update for everyone!

1 for you guys to get your hands on them!

-eric

And by plural, you mean two, correct?

:rolleyes:

Eric, BW's overall PR is utterly terrible. We need way more than stuff like, "It's going to be awesome!", or anything related (like what you just said in your last paragraph). I know October won't be here soon™, rather just soon, but still... this update makes 2.4 sound not very promising.

:rolleyes:

Hey guys,

I want to add on a personal note that one of the things I have enjoyed most over the past month or two at work is our twice a week Warzone Arena playtests. I am someone who primarily PvPs when I play SWTOR and they are so, so much fun. I cannot wait for you guys to get your hands on them!

-eric

thanks for the reassurance eric :D