[Video] Early Access, Grace Period, The Legacy System & Advanced Class Respecing!

Pyrofoxable

This is episode 69 of GAMEBREAKER's The Republic video podcast! http://www.gamebreaker.tv/hitler-rages-at-tor/

Did Bioware mess up early access? Should they have better alerted people to the staggered launch? Or was it the fairest way to do it? There's also some good news about a grace period which should earn Bioware some love!

James Ohlen also had some interesting things to say about the legacy system AND there was a very interesting 10 second pause before he answered an advanced class respecing question with the classic "I can't talk about that yet". Dun, dun, dun!

How has early access gone for you? Do you think Bioware could have handled it better? Leave a comment and let us know! Oh and feel free to rage about AC respecing. ;)

P.S. Here's some of our other recent video content including, the much loved Christmas song, 12 days of Smack Talkin':

And here's how you can keep up to date with us:

Edited by Pyrofoxable

I think the handling of early access has been spot on. People got upset because they didn't get into EA on the first day but most of them weren't being realistic. If you pre-ordered late why would you think you'd get the full 7 days?

Server stability has been excellent on our chosen server and we've encountered enough folks in the zones to make it enjoyable without having to fight for spawns. The staggered access works. The people I did and still do feel sorry for are those with legitimate issues in regards to not receiving their EA codes as well as other assorted technical problems.

We're sticking with SWTOR for the long haul. We put up with server outages, crashes, flooded starter zones and worse when WoW launched back in 2007. SWTORs start has been butter.

Uhm btw, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 12 Days of Smack Talkin'!!

"Six rehashed bosses in 4.3...... BOOM"

E P I C

Great show. Great cast. Keep up the awesome work for the gaming community!

I had some queue times last night and I expect there will be some waiting at peak times for a few weeks as people get their boxes, get there gifts and have time off to play. Still been a great experience so far with no major hitches personally.

I know that queue times are a pain but is anyone else excited because of what they represent? I mean these are only PRE-ORDERS and the game isn't officially, official yet!

It makes me giddy. The Star Wars fan in me who has been searching for the "right fit" since leaving SWG when they launched the NGE fiasco is now happy. I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present for the gamer side of me.