Hard Mode Blood Hunt Is Too HARD!

That is right, Hardmode Blood Hunt's very first boss has to be THE most difficult flashpoint boss ever! All these move mechanics and dps checks and heal checks! It is absolutely TOO MUCH! And this boss does not give any good loot drops!........

We have all heard this before, right? We all know about this fight....but is it really THAT bad of a fight for a Hardmode Flashpoint?

My answer is a resounding NO! Here's why;

No a long time ago, back in the days when the max level was 50, and the Best in Slot gear was Rakata gear....the almighty game Devs gave us Hardmode Flashpoint grinders a Hardmode flashpoint to end all flashpoints...I'm talking about Lost Island! Now let me tell ya, Hardmode Lost Island back in my day was no joke! You were going in there at lvl 50 wearing Columi Gear at best and giving it your all to down those bosses, and you know what happened at the end of the flashpoint? You got a SET BONUS RAKATA CHEST PIECE!

Now why do I bring this up? Well its simple, the greater the challenge the greater the reward!

Hardmode Lost Island was very challenging back in the day for your average PUG group, so why not make Blood Hunt the new "Lost Island"?

Don't make anything easier, heck make it harder for all I care! Just make that sucker rewarding!

Because after all, we all want a cookie for doing good!

I agree. I don't have problems with the difficulty of this boss or others. But we should get something worth the while we spend in these flashpoints, especially if BW expect groupfinder to be actually frequented.

Right now there is a too big discrepancy between the difficulty and the reward, and many people don't want to waste time and credits for repairs on those flashpoints and Blood Hunt in particular for some crappy comms and non-token gear.

This discourages people from using groupfinder which is not good for the game. If there were better rewards, people would be bothered to live with a few wipes as long as they have a chance to go home with a nice and shiny piece.

Please, don't tell me now to go in there with guildies. Done that. Downed the boss. Could do that again. But why bother? Flashpoints need to be the filler for PvE oriented players between operations and dailies or most of endgame content will be "standing on fleet". Therefore, flashpoints need to be frequented which can be achieved by using groupfinder. Discouraging people from using groupfinder is not the way to go. Better rewards will make people queue more often.

I wouldnt tone down anything for people rhat give up without trying ... Manu times these folks leave while im at loading screen and i have to w8 another decade for a queue and you come here asking for a nerf?

Mates i ask for suspension for anyone leaving group without reason and would even add penalties for reincidence ^^

I wouldnt tone down anything for people rhat give up without trying ... Manu times these folks leave while im at loading screen and i have to w8 another decade for a queue and you come here asking for a nerf?

Mates i ask for suspension for anyone leaving group without reason and would even add penalties for reincidence ^^

Nah no harsher punishment is needed, the only thing they have to do is make the HM FP playable for the general HM playerbase. I understand your frustration though, sometimes when I load in or can not press travel instantly I arrive and the players are long gone.

Edited by Icestar

It should either be removed from GF or have its own tier if its difficulty stays and you increase the reward. I personally always unselect if I'm doing a random pug and just increasing the reward won't change that. I just do FPs to relax. HM Ops are for wiping and progression.

Original LI was before group finder and when it was added it had its own tier. I doubt many true pugs beat it until way after 2nd nerf and out gearing. At least I never beat it in a true pug, just with people I knew were good players.

I agree. I don't have problems with the difficulty of this boss or others. But we should get something worth the while we spend in these flashpoints, especially if BW expect groupfinder to be actually frequented.

Right now there is a too big discrepancy between the difficulty and the reward, and many people don't want to waste time and credits for repairs on those flashpoints and Blood Hunt in particular for some crappy comms and non-token gear.

This discourages people from using groupfinder which is not good for the game. If there were better rewards, people would be bothered to live with a few wipes as long as they have a chance to go home with a nice and shiny piece.

Please, don't tell me now to go in there with guildies. Done that. Downed the boss. Could do that again. But why bother? Flashpoints need to be the filler for PvE oriented players between operations and dailies or most of endgame content will be "standing on fleet". Therefore, flashpoints need to be frequented which can be achieved by using groupfinder. Discouraging people from using groupfinder is not the way to go. Better rewards will make people queue more often.

While I totally agree, the problem with this solution is, that it would lead to the exact same result that happened to LI. If you give out better rewards, even more bads queue for this, fail miserably and even more qq about how it's too hard will rise, leading to even faster and more nerfs of the content.

Seriously, instead of raising the rewards or nerfing BH, Bioware should raise the difficulty of the other 5 60 HM FP's to this level. And tell all the whiners to l2p. But that's just my opinion ;)

Good call, this FP belongs it it's own tier.

The truth is I just Q for Korriban Incursion when it comes to the Galactic Conflicts Weekly because Blood Hunt, and a couple of the alternative options, aren't as "time effective" as K.I.

I do think this discourages people from using 60 HM GF and ultimately is hurting my experience on an already light server when it comes to finding PUG's.

Punishing people is not the answer. The answer is to embrace the consumer and enhance their experience so they want to come back for more.

I just wish they were consistent. BH first boss has a DPS requirement higher than Lurker SM (4 DPS or 5 DPS!) while I can sleep through the last boss. Can sleep through every other FP. I'm for either options as long as it's consistent.

While I totally agree, the problem with this solution is, that it would lead to the exact same result that happened to LI. If you give out better rewards, even more bads queue for this, fail miserably and even more qq about how it's too hard will rise, leading to even faster and more nerfs of the content.

Seriously, instead of raising the rewards or nerfing BH, Bioware should raise the difficulty of the other 5 60 HM FP's to this level. And tell all the whiners to l2p. But that's just my opinion ;)

Your assumption makes sense. Yet, I believe that he situation you are describing is already existent. That's why we see so many threads about Blood Hunt already. For the good players it is not worth the 10 extra Elite comms to queue for a random falshpoint. They just uncheck BH in the selction to not get thrown in there with pugs.The bad players want the 10 comms, don't uncheck BH and end up right there. Having better rewards might lure some better players into groupfinder for this particular flashpoint, which would increase the chances that more groups are killing him. But we both are only speculating and we just don't know what the actual situation is now and how better rewards would change it.

Anyway, I think we can agree that having worthless rewards for difficult content is bad game design. But even if the devs realize this and decide to act, the only option for them will be a nerf. Their ultimate goal is to slow down the players as much as possible, and that includes gear progression. Consequently, in order to restore balance between difficulty and rewards, they can only nerf the difficulty, but not buff the rewards. It's sad, but that's what the MMO business model demands.

Edited by Rithoma

Hardmode Lost Island was very challenging back in the day for your average PUG group,

I think I should do it the next time I get one toon to level 50. Just to actually experiance that challenge.

THe only bad thing is that it takes merely 10 minutes or so until you get to level 55 :rolleyes: (exaggerated, yes, but you get what I want to say).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Nah no harsher punishment is needed, the only thing they have to do is make the HM FP playable for the general HM playerbase. I understand your frustration though, sometimes when I load in or can not press travel instantly I arrive and the players are long gone.

90% of FPs are pugs,

Edited by Kissakias

It should be like Lost Island and last boss should give 198 piece (no set bonus) while the rest 192. Decided to finish it with a guild group, cleared it but getting mostly blue 184 pieces for the effort is ridiculous.

I think I should do it the next time I get one toon to level 50. Just to actually experiance that challenge.

THe only bad thing is that it takes merely 10 minutes or so until you get to level 55 :rolleyes: (exaggerated, yes, but you get what I want to say).

You can't experience it anymore.

LI has been nerfed over and over and over. Currently it falls in line with the other flashpoints. So what ever you will experience, imagine it 10x thougher.

You can't experience it anymore.

LI has been nerfed over and over and over. Currently it falls in line with the other flashpoints. So what ever you will experience, imagine it 10x thougher.

eh... do not underestitmate the oversized gorilla boss... it's quite capable of wiping groups stilll :D

Yes this is the one that makes PUG break up before killing the first boss.

Most of the groupfinder PUGs will not even try, players leave.

They need to tune this HM FP and the Underlurker in the next big patch

yes, they need to change the reward for Blood Hunt HM, the first boss mainly. And I would say put it in it's own category. Blood Hunt NiM mode. They have tuned it up, more difficult I can tell. Way UP.

My HM Blood Hunt experience always go like this: I down my add while the other Dps dies. I kill his add, more adds spawn and then I get killed by a rock.

Mine goes either. Healer doesn't cleanse burn DCD or Helaer cleanses but in both cases DPS get eaten alive by the "soft enrage" damage run away from boss until it resets. That doesn't need to be in there as the hard enrage is fine enough. I miss when you could cheese him :(

All the people I knew in this game over the last 3+ years are gone, and I'm not staying either. These guys running this game from EA down have no idea what effect their changes do on a day to day basis in this game. Have you seen the Twitch streams of the devs playing? They have no clue unless it has a "dev hack"!

My HM Blood Hunt experience always go like this: I down my add while the other Dps dies. I kill his add, more adds spawn and then I get killed by a rock.

Best thing to do is dps wait for a tiny bit until both adds (who spawn at different locations ) leap to healer. Only then dps go for adds. This is much better in terms of control (AoE and shhhtuff).

Of course, healer needs a cool head and not panic roll/speed force/hydraulic as soon as s/he gets one.....

But I digress, if you're pugging through group finder, my suggestion is automatically quit group. Or maybe one wipe. At most, just to test waters...

Its Called HM for a reason but this seems as NiM with pug groups that's why very few random groups can complete it.

And most of the guys I have see on this flash are with 178 gear and try to complete a HM flash that is hard even with 192 gear.

:(:(:(