Petition to separate Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Lockouts

We need to make it clear to Bioware that this is important to us. The separation of Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode lockouts is critical to the success of progression raiding in SWTOR. It will accomplish two very important things:

1) Level the playing field by forcing linear progression (no more skipping)

2) Allow guilds to continue progressing and gearing in HM while attempting NM

The current system makes it difficult for guilds to keep players progressing who are not in the NM raids because the key players are saving lockouts on their mains. The only downside might be the influx of commendations available to high end players, but lets face it ultimate comms don't buy anything good and there are weekly and total caps.

Please sign the petition if you agree that the lockouts should be separate.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original reason for the shared lockout was that during EV/KP Nightmare and Hard dropped the same loot. With the addition of how EC was handled the idea that these should share a lockout is just completely additional. However I would probably say that reverting to the older system is a better idea. Having a system where the top level is solely for the actual achievement and cosmetics would allow for a large amount of real difficult content without excluding the casual players who needs the gear for the next level of content.

As we are now however I fully go,

/Signed

The composition of the fights in the current progression content are worlds apart, just in mechanics alone, when considering the difference between HM and NM. Leaving the lockouts combined forces players and guilds to actively limit the number of people that can focus on progression, while at the same time, actively punishing them in terms of available gear they can gain to improve their odds of success in NM. The fact that an op (*cough* TFB) will drop different sets of gear in HM vs. NM is reason enough to suggest that sharing a lockout is completely illogical.

/Signed

/signed.

Once NiM comes out, a progression guild can't run HM on it's mains to gear up say a new recruit or a healer who now needs dps armorings with set bonuses. Also a player that is doing NiM content can't help out other guildies, friends, or the public with any HM runs. They need separate lockouts!

/signed.

Once NiM comes out, a progression guild can't run HM on it's mains to gear up say a new recruit or a healer who now needs dps armorings with set bonuses. Also a player that is doing NiM content can't help out other guildies, friends, or the public with any HM runs. They need separate lockouts!

100% Agree. /signed

Agreed. This is a little frustrating for me since I need two drops from TFB for my gear set, but must save my lockout. We have another healer who just returned to the game as well, who is in a similar position. I'd understand if the gear dropped were the same, but there is really no point as it stands...