[Cybertech] QT-10 Parts, Unable to RE, Bug? I just can't decide!?

Broja-Lew

So I make the green "QT-10 Parts" with the notion of reverse engineering as done with the lvl 50 droid parts. Only that's where things start going wrong.

Pop-up on mouse over says

Requires Cybertech (420)

Requires Advanced Armormech

Right-click to Reverse Engineer

I click reverse engineer button and the item doesn't light up. A Cybertech made piece can't be RE'd by Cybertech?

So I am wondering, Why does a droid part made by Cybertech require Armormech to RE? Or does it? as I can't figure that out. Is this intentional or is it a bug? Is it just me that's seeing this? The piece occupies a "clothing" slot so I can see why there might be a similarity to humanoid gear pieces which occupy the same positions.

I did sent it to an Armormech alt but as they are currently lvl 50 there's no indication yet for Re or not. Perhaps when they get a higher skill lvl they will be able to re it, will just have to wait and see on that one.

in the meantime will make some more of the new "9" and "10" droid parts and see if they are all like this.

Edited by Broja-Lew

From this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=624750

This

I have the same problem. The tooltip says in red: to RE I would need Armormech 440, The thing is, I have 450, it just doesn't seem to register it.

Another, even bigger bug is, that some item says I need Armormech 440 (this is in white so accepts my level 450), but I also need ADVANCED SYNTHWEAVING !?!??

Sounds like the same issue.

Same here, basically. I crafted a Lvl 52 Droid Part on my Cybertech and when I tried to RE it, the hovertext stated I needed Advanced Armormech. I sent the piece to my Armormech who has 450 Armormech skill and it would not RE at all, either. So I can confirm that the Droid parts are not RE'able by either a maxed Cybertech OR a maxed Armormech.:confused:

Same here, was planning to post something myself, but im kinda glad to see its not in my head. It already didnt make sense to me, since u can only have one crafting skill at the time. But good to know its just another of the many many many many many (BIOWARE I HOPE UR NOTICING MY SUBTLETY HERE) bugs.

Stop putting new stuff on cartel market and FIX this now !!

I created 1 droid part (no use in creating what I can't RE) to see if I had the same issue. And sure enough, I cannot RE droid components that I created. :confused:

Edit: It says I have to have Armormech to RE this item.

Edited by VigDiath

So had time to try and found that...

QT-10 Core

QT-10 Motor

QT-10 Parts

QT-9 Sensor unit

QT-9 Core

QT-9 Motor

QT-9 Parts

all require Advanced Armormech to RE.

I invite comments from BioWare on this, seems more than odd to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Any update about this. Caught me off guard to when I tried to do it. Has Bioware responded yet about this issue? Be sure to report it in bugs if havnt already.:rak_01:

No updates yet. Caught me off-guard as well.

Same thing happened to me today. It's not on the Known In-Game issues list. Why not Bioware? I could have saved about 100k with of crafting mats had it been on the known issues list (I filled the crafting cues of several crew members with the intent to start learning new droid schems, and then logged off).

Considering this thread s almost a month old there's just no excuse not to add this to the known issues list.

A dev response to this thread is warranted and well overdue.

Same for ARMORMECH Gloves. At least the "Sythweaving" requirement was removed. LOL

Still can't RE several items my level 450 Armormech crafted.

Also still seeing level 54 oranges are not providing MK-9 Slots on Crit success and still MK-7 slots instead.

Hey there Cybertech crafters. We're looking into a fix for this now, and I'll follow up in this thread once we know when you can expect to see that. Thanks so much for reports and patience.

Thanks Amber. Can we hope for a fix by next update?