Stacking, Resources and GTN thoughts...

PorsaLindahl

Make like items, such as augments, armor, mods, enhancements, color crystals, dyes, etc. stack-able.

Create a Resource tab in Legacy Banks for storage of raw materials. While the stack increase for current stack-able items is awesome, it would be even better to have resources go into one tab.

For the GTN: Give us the ability to make partial purchases on stacked items. For instance: Someone lists 1000 of X item and you wish to buy 100, when you click the purchase item button, you get a pop up asking how many you wish to purchase - input the number, verify, and accept. Like buying multiple items from a vendor.

For the GTN: Give us the ability to make partial purchases on stacked items. For instance: Someone lists 1000 of X item and you wish to buy 100, when you click the purchase item button, you get a pop up asking how many you wish to purchase - input the number, verify, and accept. Like buying multiple items from a vendor.

I think that's a terrible idea. A seller often lists a stack of items at a reduced per unit price to entice the buyer to purchase the whole entire stack. Your suggestion conflicts with the seller's intent.

If there's a sale at your local market you often have to buy multiple items to qualify for the sale price.

example,

Bag of Chips Regular Price: $2.99

Sale Price: 2 for $5

Sellers on the GTN should not be treated like NPC vendors

Edited by JediRelentless

Stacking modifications sounds like it's just asking for all sorts of errors / unintended behavior. I mean, suppose that they fail (whether by forgetting to try to block this or by having some weird edge case slip through whatever conditions they set to try and block this) to prevent someone from equipping a stack of armorings into an item's armoring slot.

Stackable modifications would be a nice little convenience change, to be sure. But...

I think we'd have a better chance of seeing something implemented that doesn't alter that functionality of the items. Like maybe they could add some sort of "custom packing crate" which could be used to store up to 4 items which can then be unpacked like a cartel pack. (Loophole: A stack only counts as 1 item so this could create some dense storage of excess materials.) Adding items to the crate would not update the binding of the items being stored (so it would not bind an unbound item to you) but it would cause the crate itself to become bound if an item that is bound (to a character or to your legacy) gets added to it. Mousing over the crate would list all of its contents, similar to how modifiable armor shows the modifications that are equipped into them.

Other thoughts for storage convenience concerns would be to consider...

1) Allowing additional cargo and legacy bays to be unlocked.

2) Creating a special purpose tab in the legacy bank which looks kind of like the currency tab (list showing how many comms / crystals we have) and allows storage of all crafting materials. (Or if that can't be done for some reason, maybe it can be implemented as its own separate thing.)

3) Adding a special purpose legacy bank like an "alliance armory" or something like that. The armory would be a legacy bank exclusive to the alliance base on Odessen. You could unlock 5 storage bays in the armory. It would have a special restriction that only weapons and armor may be placed in it.

I think that's a terrible idea. A seller often lists a stack of items at a reduced per unit price to entice the buyer to purchase the whole entire stack. Your suggestion conflicts with the seller's intent.

If there's a sale at your local market you often have to buy multiple items to qualify for the sale price.

example,

You're only looking at it from one narrow angle.

As a seller, I would love to be able to sell that way as it opens up far more opportunities for a sale.

Right now, when I have a lot of an item, I have to to break it up into lots of different amounts, stacks of 5, stacks of 20, and what used to be stacks of 99, I did this so people wanting different amounts would be catered for. I myself may only want 5 of an item i so rarely use I would never want 99, no matter how much of a discount it was.

Under this proposal, I could place my stack of 700, and everyone could have at it in the amounts they want.

It's a great idea that gives advantages to both sellers and buyers, which is used in a lot of other games and I would welcome it here.

It would also allow players a way to circumvent BioWare's limit of how many listings we are allowed to have. The system is fine as is. This game has so many bigger issues that need the devs attention. Edited by Unchosen

It would also allow players a way to circumvent BioWare's limit of how many listings we are allowed to have. The system is fine as is. This game has so many bigger issues that need the devs attention.

They've already been circumvented by the 9999 stack limit. Now instead of listing 99 stacks of 99, you can have list 1 stack up to 9999. All I'm asking is the ability to purchase an amount from those monstrous stacks. As a seller I'd prefer to put 1 stack rather than multiple sized mini-stacks.

example,

Unless it explicitly says "You must buy two bags to get this price", most stores that have sales like that let you buy individual items at the reduced price, in this example you could buy one bag for $2.50. They do the "2 for $5" wording as a psychological thing, it makes you feel like you're getting the better deal if you buy the mentioned amount :p

To the GTN "How many do you wish to buy" suggestion, I actually think that they may end up selling better if people can buy the amount they want instead of getting a huge surplus, especially if no one else is selling them in smaller stacks.

As a seller on the GTN, if you they implement the ability to buy x amount of a stack of items I want the ability to turn that off. I only sell Items in a stack and rarely make it into smaller stacks. The seller should have the choice to allow a buyer to buy part of a stack or make them buy the whole thing. Should not be forced onto a seller if they don't want it.

As a seller on the GTN, if you they implement the ability to buy x amount of a stack of items I want the ability to turn that off. I only sell Items in a stack and rarely make it into smaller stacks. The seller should have the choice to allow a buyer to buy part of a stack or make them buy the whole thing. Should not be forced onto a seller if they don't want it.

I can agree with that. They could put in 2 buttons for purchase instead of the single button (Bulk purchase / Partial purchase). If the Partial button is gray/black, then only the entire stack is purchasable. And in the sale options, under the duration, there can be a check box for "Allow Partial Sales." This way you sell full stacks by default and partials by opting for it.

I don't think any of these ideas are needed or necessary. I don't really like them except for the resource one... but even that is something I can live without. I already store all my toon's mats in the legacy bank now that stacks go to 9999.

As for the other ideas, though, I don't like them. You shouldn't be able to stack equipment. That just doesn't really make sense to me. You also shouldn't be able to buy chunks out of what people are selling on the GTN. A GTN listing is what it is. You can't pick and choose parts of it. If you don't want that many, don't buy the sale.

I don't think any of these ideas are needed or necessary. I don't really like them except for the resource one... but even that is something I can live without. I already store all my toon's mats in the legacy bank now that stacks go to 9999.

As for the other ideas, though, I don't like them. You shouldn't be able to stack equipment. That just doesn't really make sense to me. You also shouldn't be able to buy chunks out of what people are selling on the GTN. A GTN listing is what it is. You can't pick and choose parts of it. If you don't want that many, don't buy the sale.

I'm not saying equipment, as in armor and weapons. But mods, armorings, enhancements, along the same line as stims and medpacks.

For the GTN, I've played several games that have the option to buy from stacks of items. I've already stated that my preference as a seller would be to have this ability.

As a buyer I'd like to have it as well. As an example, there are times when I only need X amount of a specific resource. I go to the GTN and look it up. Let's say I need 15 of the item. I find something like this:

Item______ Qty____ Amount_____Amount Per Item

X ________ 2 ____ 1000 _________ 500

X ________ 3 ____ 1200 _________ 600

X ________ 3 ____ 1250 _________ 625

X _______ 200 ____130000 _______ 650

X ________ 6 ____ 4050 _________ 675

X ________ 2 ____ 1400 _________ 700

X ________ 1 ____ 725 __________ 725

I'm going to purchase the Green ones, because I have no need for excess of that resource. I just may not have the time to run out and harvest it or, in some cases, run a flashpoint, operation or whatever.

Now had I the option to purchase part of that stack of 200, I'd have bought what I needed from that person.