Nathema Conspiracy Class "cameos"

Shayddow

ok- watched some of the youtubes, going to find out tomorrow with my Sith inquisitor whether there will be a difference (He put zash in Khem's body during story line, so if Zash makes a re-appearance for him - it will be a surprise and a disappointment>, but This thread is to see who makes a cameo during Nathema Conspiracy for the 8 class stories.

(and differences- lightside vs darkside)

I'll fill in what I've seen.

Inquisitor (who saved Khem) - Darth Zash

Dark Side BH - relative of former chancellor of republic (name escapes me)

LS Jedi Knight - (NAME?) - former - now jobless... Sith of the Emperor...

Feel free to fill in the blanks, and the other class stories. :-)

These cameos is absolute worst part of Nathema Conspiracy. I could be convinced that some random no-name is so consumed by hatred to the Commander so bad they walk into obvious trap (smart of Scorpio to prey on crazy unstable people), but you can also get Darths Ravage, Mortis and Baras who did not get to be on the Dark Council by being naive, gullible and stupid. Ravage and Mortis always seemed rational and calculating. Baras was not just careful, the man was properly paranoid. Even if he was all "Eh, this dork with a ponytail has "Loser" written all over him, lets pretend I'm here to help and then snatch his cult away from him!" , I cannot imagine him go "Sure, I will absolutely go and sit here in the highly suspicious chair that has cables going to the big buzzing Evil Science doodad in the middle of the room, no problem!"

All that venture was a parade of extreme OOC'ness and I'd rather believe that was just Scorpio messing with us via fake holograms.

These cameos is absolute worst part of Nathema Conspiracy. I could be convinced that some random no-name is so consumed by hatred to the Commander so bad they walk into obvious trap (smart of Scorpio to prey on crazy unstable people), but you can also get Darths Ravage, Mortis and Baras who did not get to be on the Dark Council by being naive, gullible and stupid. Ravage and Mortis always seemed rational and calculating. Baras was not just careful, the man was properly paranoid. Even if he was all "Eh, this dork with a ponytail has "Loser" written all over him, lets pretend I'm here to help and then snatch his cult away from him!" , I cannot imagine him go "Sure, I will absolutely go and sit here in the highly suspicious chair that has cables going to the big buzzing Evil Science doodad in the middle of the room, no problem!"

All that venture was a parade of extreme OOC'ness and I'd rather believe that was just Scorpio messing with us via fake holograms.

Pretty much . I'm surprised a self centered person like Zash would go for it . Sociopath have a greater sense of self preservation usually .

as for the OP , someone posted it here : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948645

The run down and I quote:

Yesterday , 10:01 AM | #9

REPORT POST QUOTE

There are always 3 victims that will be used as fuel for Zildrog:

The first one is based on the choice of either sparing or killing Senya: Nautolan Chela Nayss from a world bombed by Arcann or Zera, former Knight of Zakuul.

The second one is based on the Peacemaker/Dictator choice at the end of KOTFE: Darth Mortis or Indo Zal.

The third victim is based on your choices from the class storyline:

Jedi Knight: Servant One if Lightside or Bela Kiwiiks if Darkside

Jedi Consular: Sophia Farash (Child of the Emperor Ambassador on Voss) if Lightside or Gaden-Ko if Darkside

Trooper: Imperial General Essith (associate of Rakton) if sided with the Republic on Iokath or General Garza if sided with the Empire instead

Smuggler: Nexia Kiril (daughter of Voidwolf) if Lightside or Master Sumalee if Darkside

Sith Warrior: Darth Baras (if he was spared) or Darth Ravage if he was not

Sith Inquisitor: Khem-Val or Darth Zash, depending on whom you put into Mind Prison

Bounty Hunter: Malea Janarus (widow of the former Chancellor) or Lord Vindis (apprentice of Darth Tormen), depending on whom you killed at the end

IA: Shara Jenn (Watcher Two) if you became a double agent or Marcus Trant (Director of SIS who appeared in tie-in novels and comics) if you remained Imperial

All put together, there are 20 possible candidates for the 3 victims, 14 of which are previously established characters. The class story victim appears in hologram during the flashpoint, while the other 2 are featured in the holorecordings from the bonus mission on the Abandoned Listening Post.

If you remember the class story you would know Baras isn't the master spymaster by that point, by act III's end he's so desperate to you he grovels to the Dark Council to move against, so I can totally see him joining an order just so he can get revenge. Ravage is an absolute idiot all around so it's not surprising to me he'd be there, Mortis doesn't make too much sense to me and it's disappointing because I thought he had died and I'd rather have him lead the Empire than Acina.

Yeah I thought the idea for the cameos was super cool. But the execution left quite a bit to be desired in some cases. It's hard for me to imagine people like Darth Baras or Imperial Intelligence agents being fooled so easily by a single Gemini droid. And it's hard to imagine Jedi Masters like Kiwiiks being willing to start a galaxy wide war and devastating the surface of Odessen just to kill the Outlander.

Will fill some of these in later:

LS JK - For me it was Servant One

LS JC - Sophia Farash (even I forgot her but she was the JC's final enemy on Voss and one of the Servants of the Emperor)

Smuggler - TBA

Trooper - TBA

SW - I heard those who chose DS Jaesa get her. My LS SW who kept LS Jaesa and spared Baras got Baras instead.

SI - I heard most of you got Zash but I chose to preserve her and got Khem Val instead.

BH - TBA

Agent - TBA (I am suspecting either Keeper or Jadus. Jadus seems obvious but it would be better if he was saved for soemthing bigger after all that. I will actually be a little disappointed if it is Ardun Kothe)

I legitimately had to work to remember who Darth Tormen even was on my BH. It's too bad she wasn't his daughter instead of his apprentice, so I could be all "I don't know, I kill many people's fathers..."

In either case I'm not terribly broken up about most of these people ending up dead, although it's another slate of characters who might or might not be dead and therefore won't be in any future updates at all, which is always a mild disappointment.

The concept of reintroducing class story characters is pretty cool. But the execution was awful. Major characters from class stories were killed off without a second thought (Zash, Khem, Kiwiiks, Servant One, Baras, Garza, Watcher Two, etc) and the likes of Mortis and Ravage, long-term NPCs, as well. It's annoying.

And it all but confirmed the Inquisitor won't be getting their fifth companion back (Khem/Zash).

I'm kinda hoping that it turns out none of them died in those chambers but that's a fool's hope.

LMAO at all the tears being shed here. I for one thought class story was dead and buried ever since that bone they tossed us back on Rishi and therefore I am glad this element was put in for this; Maybe class story isn;t dead after all....

Still, I'd rather they be dead and buried than mishandled. Really I'm just annoyed that they felt the need to kill all those characters.

I had following comeos.

JK Master Kiwiiks

IA director Trant

inquisitor Darth Zash

warrior Darth Ravage

smuggler Sumalee (even as light side smuggler, siding with republic on Iokath)

cosular Sophia Farash

trooper General Essith (altough I wish I got Garza, maybe next time)

BH havent done it with her yet

I had following comeos.

JK Master Kiwiiks

IA director Trant

inquisitor Darth Zash

warrior Darth Ravage

smuggler Sumalee (even as light side smuggler, siding with republic on Iokath)

cosular Sophia Farash

trooper General Essith (altough I wish I got Garza, maybe next time)

BH havent done it with her yet

But my consular let Sophia Farash to be executed by the Voss ( i did that only to see if that a-hole Zenith likes it and he did, LOL)

• 1 year later...

okay but,there's one problem that really bothers me, so my counselor was nothing but nice to the voss,and basically picked the light side choices 90% of the time short of choosing to take up the throne rather than being a peacekeeper because ic I figured my character wouldn't trust anyone to bring order to the galaxy short of himself.

now this being a dark side option and everything it would make sense the dark side version of this encounter shows up for the counselor. Only one problem, the dark side version has Gaden-Ko show up to send the droid after us. A VOSS MYSTIC who can forsee the future without any error in his visions, he chooses to fight against my JC who he knows will win in the end irrefutably. Not only that,but if the first choice we're given after the choice in the throne room means anything being able to choose to calm rebellion on zakuul peacefully means you can be the tyrannical ruler route and be doing whats best for the galaxy. meaning those sorts of choices should clue Gaden-Ko, the Barsen'thor's good friend,and the man who helped him be a mystic and get closure with his family, that he's not doing what's best for the galaxy by standing against us just like the those guys on zakuul who have the same power,but couldn't see us because VK wont let them. they seem to think only we can bring order, though they could be insane.

I think what happened here is just...they put a flag only associated with that one choice and didn't consider any of the other choices we make,and didn't think about the fact putting someone with literal future sight against us doesn't make sense and they'd never do that IC even if the flag was appropriate, he'd know the weapon is dangerous and would kill him, and he'd know we'd stop it anyway, so the whole situation would be meaningless for him to take part in good or evil. thinking about it too much,but it still bothered me,they could have done something better like, having the sith lord who created the plague show up in someone I saved 's body since I wavered from the light side and was frozen for 5 years so nobody could use the shielding technique.

• 1 month later...

I absolutely agree. I don't remember what Dark Council member it was, but I was playing as one of my Sith, and he came on and got all uppity at me for killing Valkorion. Like DUDE what kind of Sith are you?! It's like BioWare doesn't know anything about being Sith. What kind of Sith is so emotionally attached to the Emperor that not only kept him from becoming Emperor (Sith are always power hungry) but also invaded with Zakuul and denounced the Empire?

okay but,there's one problem that really bothers me, so my counselor was nothing but nice to the voss,and basically picked the light side choices 90% of the time short of choosing to take up the throne rather than being a peacekeeper because ic I figured my character wouldn't trust anyone to bring order to the galaxy short of himself.

now this being a dark side option and everything it would make sense the dark side version of this encounter shows up for the counselor. Only one problem, the dark side version has Gaden-Ko show up to send the droid after us. A VOSS MYSTIC who can forsee the future without any error in his visions, he chooses to fight against my JC who he knows will win in the end irrefutably. Not only that,but if the first choice we're given after the choice in the throne room means anything being able to choose to calm rebellion on zakuul peacefully means you can be the tyrannical ruler route and be doing whats best for the galaxy. meaning those sorts of choices should clue Gaden-Ko, the Barsen'thor's good friend,and the man who helped him be a mystic and get closure with his family, that he's not doing what's best for the galaxy by standing against us just like the those guys on zakuul who have the same power,but couldn't see us because VK wont let them. they seem to think only we can bring order, though they could be insane.

I think what happened here is just...they put a flag only associated with that one choice and didn't consider any of the other choices we make,and didn't think about the fact putting someone with literal future sight against us doesn't make sense and they'd never do that IC even if the flag was appropriate, he'd know the weapon is dangerous and would kill him, and he'd know we'd stop it anyway, so the whole situation would be meaningless for him to take part in good or evil. thinking about it too much,but it still bothered me,they could have done something better like, having the sith lord who created the plague show up in someone I saved 's body since I wavered from the light side and was frozen for 5 years so nobody could use the shielding technique.

You missed some important points about the Voss.

Ordinary Voss:

The JK story makes it clear that at least some Voss are sufficiently dedicated and whatnot they will follow the statements of the Mystics even if it means their own deaths. Think of Tala-Reh's husband, who went willingly to face the Gormaks, even though he *knew* that the Mystics had foretold his death. Heck, think of Tala-Reh herself and what she did.

Mystics:

At the entrance to the Shrine of Healing, there's a bunch of NPCs, and one offers a mission that's tied to the main "yellow fog" <Story Arc> mission in there. You go around and read inscriptions on stones, and it gives background on what it means to be a Mystic, as clues to help you answer the questions in the yellow fog mission's first room. It is very clear that to the Mystics themselves, if the vision says you go there to die, you go there to die.

(It is, overall, reasonable to say that people who think that the Mystics rule the Voss are subtly wrong. Voss is ruled by the *visions*, not the Mystics.)