Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reputation Items Auto-Cashing in is GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Reputation Items Auto-Cashing in is GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!

DarthNillard
11.22.2019 , 09:36 AM | #1
What is this nonsense??? So now when we max rep, we can no longer sell these items for some quick coins? And for things like the Dantooine event that is only around once every month, we can't hit the weekly cap and stack additional rep tokens to cash them in on Tuesday when the rep resets???

This can't be by design, and if it is, that person should be fired

Collec
11.22.2019 , 09:57 AM | #2
So glad i maxed out all the reputations. Today just finished with Onderon. And I am done.

That is a good point for event reputations. Because event is up for a week, your sub is up for a month. Meaning you'll need to resub again next time event hits.

I remember, when I had so many rep items from Iokath and Ossus stacked and just poped them every time weekly reset came around. I grinded 1-2 weeks hard,then just pop pop pop...cap reach...wait reset...pop pop pop.

Sarova
11.22.2019 , 10:15 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNillard View Post
What is this nonsense??? So now when we max rep, we can no longer sell these items for some quick coins? And for things like the Dantooine event that is only around once every month, we can't hit the weekly cap and stack additional rep tokens to cash them in on Tuesday when the rep resets???

I thought this then noticed when I got tokens for rep I'm maxed on, I'm automatically getting the coinage instead of having to physically sell them Hooray for less crud cluttering up my inventory.

As for your second point about hording rep tokens - I've not noticed if/when I've hit weekly rep max what happens.

A Dev post about this would be most welcome.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Add an option to switch off vendor icons
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

ytrenor
11.22.2019 , 10:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNillard View Post

I think you put the finger on it.

Credit sink.
I know, it is not a lot of credit we got from the reputation items, but still, that is an "opportunity" to not add credits in the market.

Coming back for the events.
With 8+ toons doing an event, you could most probably be able to hit your weekly limit and then be able to stack some rep items for the next 2 weeks. When the event came back, you would do the same again, and be done with reputation for that event. Then, when the event came back, I would either not care, or just do the minimum for conquest objectives. Dantooine is an example. I participate in 2 events, didn't returned since (there is so many conquest objectives this week, that I don't "need" to go to Dantooine for conquest.. The required Heroics to complete the weekly is the reason I'm not going back.

DarthNillard
11.22.2019 , 03:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
I thought this then noticed when I got tokens for rep I'm maxed on, I'm automatically getting the coinage instead of having to physically sell them Hooray for less crud cluttering up my inventory.

As for your second point about hording rep tokens - I've not noticed if/when I've hit weekly rep max what happens.

A Dev post about this would be most welcome.
Cool for the coin part, I don't actually care about that since it's only a few coins. But the rep part is the most important. I'm on vacation this week and can crush Dantooine on 20 of my toons to get me to Legend in 3 weeks. But not with them auto cashing. I hit my cap with 3 dailies runs, and now there is literally no point in doing them on anyone else...

Nemmar
11.22.2019 , 04:03 PM | #6
Well, it is annoying that we get nothing once we hit the weekly cap. We could at least get some credits before.

Estelindis
11.22.2019 , 04:55 PM | #7
Additionally, since 6.0 hit, space missions have not been giving fleet reputation (items) at all.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Rolodome
11.22.2019 , 05:50 PM | #8
Lol what??? Am I reading this right? They don't let you carry over reputation tokens to another week? Guys, this is amazing, I can finally play my own way provided my way of playing is exactly as bioware desires at all times.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

TrixxieTriss
11.22.2019 , 10:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
Lol what??? Am I reading this right? They don't let you carry over reputation tokens to another week? Guys, this is amazing, I can finally play my own way provided my way of playing is exactly as bioware desires at all times.
“I can finally play my own way, provided my way of playing is exactly as bioware desires at all times”

Most important statement on the forums at the moment.

“Play your way” was always a lie. It was a marketing tool to hide all the rotten changes they were making. Give a small bit with one hand and take more back with the other. For every small step they took with this expansion, they took 5 back to give them more control over how we play. And if we don’t like it, tough cookies, we know where the door is.

So really, nothing to see here. It’s bioware as usual and anyone whose played since launch should know nothing has changed in their approach except to make biggest credit sink this game has ever had.
You can’t even get enough credits playing content most of the time to cover repair costs if you are wiping. Then you have all the other onerous credit sinks to drain more credits. No wonder there are so many credit spammers.

Hawkebatt
11.22.2019 , 11:05 PM | #10
I agree that this was one thing that should never have changed. An broken since it was never intended to work this way. They need to remove the caps as you can not have it set up one way and do it another.

Then again many of the changes have gone against all the quality of life perks that us long time players have enjoyed.

The other problem is with all the high costs a new person once they got to 75 would realize the time they waisted and quit because they could not get any farther in game as there is no steady way to earn income as the gear that drops is worth more as tech but you don't get any more credits then the quests give you. What little loot you get is only worth a tenth of what it was before.

So this being changed is just in a long line of disappointments.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.