Gemini Captain troubles at lvl 70

Shaunsterhc

I recently resubbed and hit lvl 70 midway through the kotfe. It has mainly been a cakewalk, but when I got the the Gemini Captain encounter I'm getting wrecked. During the initial phase of the skytroopers attacking, senya (on heal mode) either dies within 4 seconds, or fails to heal me and I die in that time. I have made it past that phase a few times, and everything is going well until the G.C. uses that aoe stun ability because after that my companion doesn't heal or attack at all. I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions because my current assumption is that it was balanced poorly around being lvl 70 content. For further info my gear level is around 220.

The skytroopers should be one shots, even using a weakish AOE skill... As far as the Gemini herself, stay out of the cone, as it puts a stacking DOT up very quickly. If she agros your comp, pull them away.

On the 4 phase, I always just attack one and 3 of them disappear, close the gap quickly and repeat...

@Psychopyro

I started the mission on veteran and switched to story mode so idk if it affects it or is a glitch but each skytrooper is taking about 3 single target abilities to kill, and they all hit like trucks.

@Americanaussie

My affection level with senya is 6

Yea on vet, you'd probably have to blow DCDs on that first pull just to be safe... Your Senya comp is going to be a problem though. I have found for most, affection level has to be upwards of level 30. I have done some with lower companion affection, but it gets rather difficult under 20.

• 1 year later...

Having the same EXACT problem. Weird thing is, I played through it with a level 70 Guardian a while back and everything went fine. Now doing it with a level 70 Juggernaut and completely stuck. Out of the blue. He's geared with all level 70 purples. Spent a fortune in credits getting Senya to level 30 influence (despite never having needed to the first time). Set her to heal, tank, dps. None of it makes any difference. The thing that happens is: My character gets stunned and WHILE HE'S STUNNED (ie UNABLE TO RESPOND), the Gemini Captain kills Senya pretty much INSTANTANEOUSLY. That never happened before, and I don't know why it's happening now, but it occurs every time.

IN ADDITION to that, a number of other really insane things have happened for me in the numerous times I've played through this battle with this character:

- My character was killed by the door to the bridge closing on him as he entered.

- My character was shut out of the bridge after Senya and the support droid entered.

- Senya was shut out of the bridge when my character entered.

- After getting killed the first time, he loses the support droid and is cut off from the rest of the ship so there's no way to go back and get another one (not that that really seems to make any difference)

I've restarted the chapter three times. Always goes the same way. I've been playing and subbing to this game since beta in 2011. I have 22 active characters, 3 of whom are in or have moved beyond KotFE. I know how to play it as well as anyone could reasonably be expected to to get past a main storyline chapter in Story mode. I've never been stuck like this with any character in 7 years of playing. It's not a lack of knowledge or experience, it's a PROBLEM with the game itself, and a seemingly RANDOM one - something that the devs NEED to fix. Maybe something that's cropped up since the server merge, because I played through the chapter with my Guardian before that. I don't know. In any event, I don't think it's reasonable to a) fault perfectly competent players for merely experiencing it or; b) require some massive payout of currency to solve it. At this point I'm just going to have to move on to KotET with the Juggernaut character and hope it doesn't crop up again with the next alt I try to play through it with.

Yeah this chapter after the adjustment to healing companions can be difficult had a friend that had alot of probs too. Like said earlier here invest in some gifts to get Senya higher it makes a huge diff. Just focus on interrupting Gemini droid and burst all your dps you can ( legacy and everything). The fight can be glitchy at times so best to just approach like everythign matters on avoiding / interupting as much as you can. Knockback / stuns / interupts on a rotation with focus on locking it down if your having trouble. If you focus on locking it down while companion just adds a little with a few more levels should be easier for you.

• 4 months later...
Yeah this chapter after the adjustment to healing companions can be difficult had a friend that had alot of probs too. Like said earlier here invest in some gifts to get Senya higher it makes a huge diff. Just focus on interrupting Gemini droid and burst all your dps you can ( legacy and everything). The fight can be glitchy at times so best to just approach like everythign matters on avoiding / interupting as much as you can. Knockback / stuns / interupts on a rotation with focus on locking it down if your having trouble. If you focus on locking it down while companion just adds a little with a few more levels should be easier for you.

I'm new to this game and probably only understand half of what you said here but thanks anyway. Particularly, what do you mean by '( legacy and everything)' ?

"focus on locking it down if your having trouble" - Also not sure what this means.