Dye suggestions for cartel market & crafting.

Dear Dev team, Happy New Year,

I’ve a suggestion for introducing more dyes.

Next time you are looking at making some new Cartel Market dyes, please consider making some dyes that missed out on having the opposite colour slots and combinations added in the past.

This is just and example, there are no dyes with pale pink as the primary dye. All the dyes with pale pink in them are secondary, ie, There is a Pale blue and pale pink dye, but no pale pink and pale blue dye. There is actually no dye at all that has pale pink in the primary slot.

As well as cartel market dyes, how about throwing crafters a bone for some of the crafted dyes that also don’t have a corresponding dye.

This is also just an example, there is no corresponding light pink dye. The only version is a dye that has a secondary pink in it, white and light pink dye.

As well as adding in the corresponding dyes for both the current dyes available (cartel market and crafting alike), you could add more secondary dyes to “craft”. We don’t really need new colours created, just options to craft a larger selection of secondary and primary dyes from the current range of dye combination colours in the “crafting catalogue”

I’m sure with some more dyes and balanced out catalogues between the available crafted dyes and the available cartel market dyes, more players will buy more items from the CM or GTN to update their current outfits and possibly buy new ones.

Some examples of the crafted dyes that don’t have a corresponding colour are :

White and Light Pink

White and medium red

White and pale green

Black and pale yellow

While many dyes do have a corresponding colour or another dye has a combo that you can mix and match from, many don’t and this is something my wife has requested I pass onto you because she spends 50% of her time playing around with outfits and buying different dyes to make new looks. “Space barbies”.

I hope this is something you can do in the future after any bugs are squashed and other important stuff is sorted out. Ideally, this could be done when you were planning to make new CM dyes anyway and you can tack on these extra versions of older dyes too. That is, as long as it’s not too hard or time consuming and wouldn’t eat into content development or bug fixes.

One other request from her is more a QOL request with regards to collections. She would like to be able to remove one piece of a set at a time and not the whole Armor set in one go. That way she doesn’t have to spend a bunch of time destroying the items in the set she doesn’t need for the outfit she is building.

Anyway, these are just some suggestions. They aren’t a priority as much as a wish list.

Edit: If I need to post this in the suggestion box, please let me know.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

Oh while we are on dyes and stuff. I'd like to me able to dye my stuff in more than just 2 zones. Three would be an improvement. GW2 had a pretty decent dyeing scheme iirc.

I would like to be able to put 3 separate colours into the zones, not using merely primary and secondary (or tertiary) colours. We could get whole palettes of colours.

I would also like to win a lottery and never get caught speeding - ever

If I understand it correctly, this is something I too would like to see. These days I tend to play a bit of Space Barbie, and mixing & matching outfit pieces can be a problem when some items have "reversed" dye slots from the other - that is, the secondary is the main color rather than the primary. It's always good to have the opposite combos to work with.

A good example of proper opposites are the new dyes that have been added to Artifice - the Dark Blue/Gray and Gray/Dark Blue.

A bad example: there's Deep Red/Black dye and Black/Deep Red, and there's Dark Red/Black but no Black/Dark Red (and, of course, I like the Dark Red better than the Deep Red 😏 ).

Edited by JediQuaker

If I understand it correctly, this is something I too would like to see. These days I tend to play a bit of Space Barbie, and mixing & matching outfit pieces can be a problem when some items have "reversed" dye slots from the other - that is, the secondary is the main color rather than the primary. It's always good to have the opposite combos to work with.

A good example of proper opposites are the new dyes that have been added to Artifice - the Dark Blue/Gray and Gray/Dark Blue.

A bad example: there's Deep Red/Black dye and Black/Deep Red, and there's Dark Red/Black but no Black/Dark Red (and, of course, I like the Dark Red better than the Deep Red 😏 ).

We should make a list of all the dyes that don’t have corresponding opposites. Both crafted and CM.

Also a list of current crafted dyes that would be great to have their own secondary and primary dyes to craft.

You example’s of the Dark BlueGray and the Gray/Dark Blue or the Deep Red/Black and Black/Deep Red are great examples of how it should be set up.

So let’s start that list and we can correlate it in one post that I’ll reserve to update after this one,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Current Crafted Dyes that don’t have a corresponding opposite.

Dark Red & Black

Black & Medium Blue

Deep Brown & White

White & Light Pink

White & Medium Red

White & Pale Green

White & Light Brown

Black & Pale Yellow

Dark Green & Deep Red

Pale Gray & Dark Gray

Medium Blue & White

White & Light Gray

(I will correlate people’s info in this post)

(If anyone finds a mistake or knows of a corresponding cartel market dye, please let me know and I will update).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

List of Older Cartel Market dyes that don’t have a corresponding dye.

I’ve not included the newer ones (yet) as they have “special” names and not actual colours in the name.

Light Gray & Pale Pink

Pale Blue & Pale Pink

White & Light Purple

Light Blue & Medium Blue

Pale Purple & Medium Gray

Light Yellow & Deep Pink

Dark Brown & Light Orange

(I will correlate people’s info in this post)

(If you notice any mistakes, let me know and I will update)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Black/Black
  • White/White
  • White/Black
  • Black/White
  • Black/Dark Purple
  • Dark Purple/Black
  • Black secondary
  • White secondary
  • Dark Purple secondary
  • Black primary
  • White primary
  • Dark Purple primary

Are you listing ones that don’t have corresponding dyes,? Cause black/black is already a corresponding dye by itself

Are you listing ones that don’t have corresponding dyes,? Cause black/black is already a corresponding dye by itself

I'm listing these as ones we should be able to craft. They're keep them from being done so they can get rich off of these dyes. 1500 CC for black/black....which translates to 20 to 50 million on galactic market by those who spend their CC on them. They should make this craftable so the regular players can make them and sell them without spending real world money on them.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

I'm listing these as ones we should be able to craft. They're keep them from being done so they can get rich off of these dyes. 1500 CC for black/black....which translates to 20 to 50 million on galactic market by those who spend their CC on them. They should make this craftable so the regular players can make them and sell them without spending real world money on them.

They will never relent and let us craft those. So there’s no point asking

Actually, another BioWare game (Anthem) has a bit more depth to the dye system, in the ability to add different textures to armour (as well as the colour change).

I'd love to see dyes with different textures and patterns to you can completely change the item you're wearing depending on material type etc.

/Signed

its a good idea.

but if there add new dye's in the cartal market and that the old one's that get remove from the cartal market become craft able then its a good thing.

more like: the Deep blue/white dye coller is not more in the cartal market what there can do is make it then craft able that players can craft it and there can do with all the dye collers that was available first only in the cartal market but when there are remove from the cartal market then its a good idea also to make then craft available more.

On a related note, is there an updated list of all available dyes (post 6.0) somewhere?

There are older lists, by I'm always concerned that they may have added dyes and/or schematics to some vendors. I only found out about the new crafted Artifice dyes by accident when paying to expand Artifice to 700.

(btw, I really like that shade of dark blue. There's also a dark blue dye in the CM with the same shade, but a different secondary colour.)

Edited by JediQuaker

On a related note, is there an updated list of all available dyes (post 6.0) somewhere?

There are older lists, by I'm always concerned that they may have added dyes and/or schematics to some vendors. I only found out about the new crafted Artifice dyes by accident when paying to expand Artifice to 700.

(btw, I really like that shade of dark blue. There's also a dark blue dye in the CM with the same shade, but a different secondary colour.)

As far as I know the only crafted dyes added were the dark blue and gray / gray and dark blue

I’ve no info on CM dyes, but I haven’t seen any new ones

I want the new black on the Underground Dye ( I think that's what it's called) and the Honorable General Dye to become Deep Black/Black dye. I love the super dark black on many cloth armors. Some times it can look over saturated though. But if you didn't know, those blacks are darker than the black/black dye.

I like black dyes. :D

EDIT: If Bioware did a darker black/black it would probably be 3,000 cartel coins and cost 50m on the GTN. (hint, hint)...

Edited by Zerileth

• 1 month later...

General Faraires/Durants/Frellkas/Minsts armor dye (from Sith Warrior Classquest on Taris)

Syo Bakarns armor dye

Jaric Kaedans armor dye

Kellian Jarros armor dye

Grand Marshal Chekettas armor dye

Republic Soldiers armor dye (orange/white and blue/white)

All or at least more of the old school swtor armors we already see on several NPCs ingame instead of missmatching new "fancy" dyes.

Edited by Jesseriah

General Faraires/Durants/Frellkas/Minsts armor dye (from Sith Warrior Classquest on Taris)

Syo Bakars armor dye

Jaric Kaedans armor dye

Kellian Jarros armor dye

Grand Marshal Chekettas armor dye

Republic Soldiers armor dye (orange/white and blue/white)

All or at least more of the old school swtor armors we already see on several NPCs ingame instead of missmatching new "fancy" dyes.

There is already an orange and white and blue and white dye.

The dye modules need to be broken off, than one single dye module-combination that still misses a specific tone of a color, because of the many combinations. Until now there's always a combination or even single module - be it primary or secondary - missing, because of pale, light, medium, deep, dark, and other's I sure have missed.

I'm also not sure who buys the dye modules from cartel market, since they're expensive for a single, only one-time usable dye. Done this once as I was mistaken it would be unlockable like the armors, weapons, or mounts. Especially considering how much they cost. I'd have bought more if there was a way to unlock them...

The dye modules need to be broken off, than one single dye module-combination that still misses a specific tone of a color, because of the many combinations. Until now there's always a combination or even single module - be it primary or secondary - missing, because of pale, light, medium, deep, dark, and other's I sure have missed.

I'm +1 this.

/Signed

but if there add new dye's in the cartal market and that the old one's that get remove from the cartal market become craft able then its a good thing.

I doubt they'll make CM dyes craftable, they'd lose part of their cash cow, If there's too many dyes on the CM, they'll just start rotating them out, the same way they do with the armours.

Edited by DarkGruffalo