Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Beniboybling

No, it would actually be the easiest thing they can do, because of how the assassins are completely and utterly useless against G0-T0 and his army.

That's a dramatic overstatement. They still have lightsabers and the Force, and are trained combatants. They just can't hunt the droids across great distances using the Force.

I really think we are underestimating the utility of Traya's assassins. Sure they aren't as effective against non-Force users as they are against Jedi, but that does not automatically void them from this battle. They are still effective. They can still 'backstab' people or infiltrate areas. In fact, I think they could get on G0-T0's ship. Provided that he is still preying on shuttles around Nar Shaddaa.

Precisely, Traya's assassins are still... you know, Sith Assassins. They're going to be quite effective against most droids, since they can deflect blaster fire.

Can't really find a way around The Force. :p However, there may be a vision spectrum that would allow the HK's to see a cloaked Traya. However, I can't think of one. Thermal, maybe?

Well, thermal is just the infrared spectrum of light. Theoretically, a Jedi is bending visible light around himself when he uses Force Cloak. This is an intensive and exhausting power to use, but it might be possible to extend the range of Force Cloak to other spectrums (infrared, ultraviolet, etc.) by expending more effort to divert those waves as well. A droid, properly equipped to defend against Force Cloak (at no small expense, I'm sure) would have a multispectrum visual scanner, which would check a wide range of wavelengths. So this could go either way depending on the skill of the Force user and the equipment of the droid.

While this is true, and I don't know the details, wouldn't it be possible for G0-T0 to find this solution as well? If he actually took a vested interest in the lizards, couldn't he develop a way to get them off? Is what Thrawn did super-special, and unable to be replicated by anyone else?

In fact, Thrawn was not the first one to do it, a group of smugglers found the way to remove it. So it stands to reason that G0-T0 could still aquire these things, seeing as he's (probably) more skilled and knowlegable than the smugglers that figured it out. Maybe send his Zhug Brothers to gather them?

Right, Thrawn capitalized on this discovery when he became aware of it. However, will G0-T0 have any way to be aware of these creatures or the methods needed to harvest them? He has relatively little experience with Jedi/Sith, and has expressed a rather blaise attitude towards the Force. He is aware of it, but does not really understand the abilities of the Force, seeing as he was created in an era when few Force users were left alive.

Even assuming that G0-T0 uncovers the existence of Ysalamir, he would have to devote resources to sending an expedition to determine how to harvest them, and then devote personnel (or droids) to recovering them en masse. This would be a late-game advantage, if he ever acquired it.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well being fair, the Sith Assassins were just those black wearing guys with the pikes. Only a small number of them were actually force sensitive and used lightsabers, most just used pikes and stealth generator belts. Though ya they did get stronger, depending on how powerful the Force user was, but just to clear that up Kreia doesn't have a lot of Force users with her its a small minority. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well being fair, the Sith Assassins were just those black wearing guys with the pikes. Only a small number of them were actually force sensitive and used lightsabers, most just used pikes and stealth generator belts. Though ya they did get stronger, depending on how powerful the Force user was, but just to clear that up Kreia doesn't have a lot of Force users with her its a small minority.
Well not exactly, they were the minority yes, but not small. For the record the Sith Assassins were force sensitive, not strongly mind, and she did possess a considerable number of Sith Lords, adepts, acolytes, dark Jedi etc. etc.

And if Traya wasn't on Malachor V, she would likely be on Korriban in the 'abandoned' Sith academy. But will she? I mean those HK units would have to be very skilled to get to the Trayus Core undetected...

Well not exactly, they were the minority yes, but not small. For the record the Sith Assassins were force sensitive, not strongly mind, and she did possess a considerable number of Sith Lords, adepts, acolytes, dark Jedi etc. etc.

And if Traya wasn't on Malachor V, she would likely be on Korriban in the 'abandoned' Sith academy. But will she? I mean those HK units would have to be very skilled to get to the Trayus Core undetected...

Never said that they weren't Force Sensitives I did say they got stronger depending on what FS they were facing. :p

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Never said that they weren't Force Sensitives I did say they got stronger depending on what FS they were facing. :p

Well being fair, the Sith Assassins were just those black wearing guys with the pikes. Only a small number of them were actually force sensitive and used lightsabers
Perhaps you didn't mean to say that.

I meant in the sense, that they could use a variety of force powers and use lightsabers. I probably should clarify on my posts now. :o

Yeah I see what you mean now, very true. But then again, G0-T0s droids can't use the force at all can they? And Traya's assassins have be trained with 'assassination protocols'.

Yeah I see what you mean now, very true. But then again, G0-T0s droids can't use the force at all can they? And Traya's assassins have be trained with 'assassination protocols'.

But her assassins will not be able to find any of the droids or see the future. Refer to my first post for details.

Anyway, I think G0-T0 would know where Traya would go. He is a genius and could calculate things instantly. And with the opponents knowing info about each other he would everything he needs to fill in "variables." I mean, this droid played economics for fun! He would know where Traya was, but she might, and slim chance, but might get away. But she can't hide forever.

But her assassins will not be able to find any of the droids or see the future. Refer to my first post for details.

Anyway, I think G0-T0 would know where Traya would go. He is a genius and could calculate things instantly. And with the opponents knowing info about each other he would everything he needs to fill in "variables." I mean, this droid played economics for fun! He would know where Traya was, but she might, and slim chance, but might get away. But she can't hide forever.

Let's not forget that your basing that argument on the assumption that if G0-T0's droids get to her she is dead. Which is highly debatable.

But Traya represents G0-T0's greatest weakness, his lack of understanding of Force Users. He had little information on her, and thus cannot predict or calculate her actions or location as easily as he could more conventional foes.

Also, the assassins will be able to find droids just fine. It's the droids who might have trouble with Force Cloaked Sith Assassins. What the assassins won't be able to do is track G0-T0 through the Force, since he's a droid.

This is an interesting matchup because neither of them (Traya or G0-T0) is well suited to fighting the other. Traya regards droids as clumsy and inferior, and G0-T0 cannot fathom or understand the motive of Force users.

I think Traya's assassins could sneak aboard G0-T0's yacht just fine. I mean, if G0-T0 is still preying on shuttles above Nar Shaddaa, all they have to do is sneak aboard and use it as a decoy. Of course they won't kill anyone, as that would blow their cover, but they can sneak aboard using the ship as a decoy.

From there they could blow up the ship via self-destruct or carefully planted explosives. Or they could just destroy G0-T0.

That's one avenue that the battle could go, but there are flaws in this scenario. Will G0-T0 be going about business as usual? Can he take out Traya before the assassins get to him?

Yep, you can plan everything out but there are some things you just have no control over in terms of events and what goes on.
That wasn't exactly my point. By point more was that arguably the HKs have a very low chance of killing Traya even if they manage to track her down. Not that a series of unfortunate events may lead the attempt to swing in Traya's favour. But that chances of success are low.

And Aurbere, major flaw in your argument - how will the assassins find G0-T0? I highly doubt that in an all out war with a Sith Lord it will be 'business as usual' - most likely G0-T0 will make himself as undetectable as possible.

And Aurbere, major flaw in your argument - how will the assassins find G0-T0? I highly doubt that in an all out war with a Sith Lord it will be 'business as usual' - most likely G0-T0 will make himself as undetectable as possible.

Which I pointed out. It was just a thought that I had, but I clearly argued against myself. :p

That wasn't exactly my point. By point more was that arguably the HKs have a very low chance of killing Traya even if they manage to track her down. Not that a series of unfortunate events may lead the attempt to swing in Traya's favour. But that chances of success are low.

Ah ok.

Two things we should consider though is that, if Traya knows that she cannot sense droids and that assassination is likely the method G0-T0 will use to kill her, will she even be at Malachor where G0-T0 would suspect her to be?

I'm a tad confused here, because I thought Traya doesn't know about G0-T0's powerbase, and therefor won't know about the HK units. This will turn them into G0-T0's secret weapon, seeing as she cannot sense them with the Force, cannot see them, cannot see their coming in the future, and won't even know of their skill until it's too late.

HK-50 droids were G0-T0's secret assassin force. He deployed them personally, meaning that few would know of their existance. Traya doesn't know they exist at the beginning of the Kaggath, and probably won't know G0-T0 has them in time for an attack to be avoided.

Besides, seeing as Malachor is Traya's source of power, a place she is drawn to, and the center of basically all of her powerbase, leaving it seems like a horrible idea if she's trying to avoid assassination. It leaves her open to assassination attempts by the Ubese and Zhug Brothers, as well as the Exchange.

I'm a tad confused here, because I thought Traya doesn't know about G0-T0's powerbase, and therefor won't know about the HK units. This will turn them into G0-T0's secret weapon, seeing as she cannot sense them with the Force, cannot see them, cannot see their coming in the future, and won't even know of their skill until it's too late.

HK-50 droids were G0-T0's secret assassin force. He deployed them personally, meaning that few would know of their existance. Traya doesn't know they exist at the beginning of the Kaggath, and probably won't know G0-T0 has them in time for an attack to be avoided.

Besides, seeing as Malachor is Traya's source of power, a place she is drawn to, and the center of basically all of her powerbase, leaving it seems like a horrible idea if she's trying to avoid assassination. It leaves her open to assassination attempts by the Ubese and Zhug Brothers, as well as the Exchange.

Yeah, I thought that too. I was thinking along the lines that Traya knows G0-T0 is a droid, and she knows anything biological would be corrupted on Malachor, so he may suspect droids. But its more that she would expect assasination, and would therefore seek to be where G0-T0 is not.

Even so, getting to the Trayus Core could be tricky. Unless the HK droids literally drop in from above... possible? With neural dampeners and stealth technology etc.?

OK we have a strong scenario for G0-T0's victory, but here is a way in which Traya could win:

Fortify herself on Malachor V. G0-T0 will send his droids and Traya will destroy them, eventually she we learn the location of the HK factory on Telos and send Sith to destroy it. This will force G0-T0 to send less capable biological assassins to kill Traya, whom she will ensure all fail and die. When G0-T0 finally runs out of options he'll have no choice but to come to Malachor V himself, when he does Traya will be in a position to destroy him.

This argument however hinges on Traya being able to effectively counter everything in G0-T0s powerbase. But can she? Can she take whatever G0-T0 dishes out? I feel this is what needs to be discuss, how effective will G0-T0's myriad of assassins be against Traya.

P.S. Aurbere, don't feel the need to play neutrality - you can choose a side if you want to! I'm happy to carry that burden alone. :p

Wait a second, doesn't Malachor make ships crash and everything? So how is G0-T0's droids or men gonna even survive landing on the planet without getting killed from the crash? I mean this isn't to say that they couldn't survive crashing into the planet, its just...they might lose a few droids/men. :p Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Wait a second, doesn't Malachor make ships crash and everything? So how is G0-T0's droids or men gonna even survive landing on the planet without getting killed from the crash? I mean this isn't to say that they couldn't survive crashing into the planet, its just...they might lose a few droids/men. :p

I don't really understand this, because Traya and her troops can obviously come and go at will.... right? If not, it also provides a hazard for her forces as well, effectively trapping them on Malachor. However, I don't think it'll be too much of an issue. The Ebon Hawk survived it, I think other ships would be able to as well. It just won't be a smooth landing.

(P.S. Atton is known for his crash-landings, so.... maybe with a droid pilot at the helm they won't even crash.)

I don't really understand this, because Traya and her troops can obviously come and go at will.... right? If not, it also provides a hazard for her forces as well, effectively trapping them on Malachor. However, I don't think it'll be too much of an issue. The Ebon Hawk survived it, I think other ships would be able to as well. It just won't be a smooth landing.

(P.S. Atton is known for his crash-landings, so.... maybe with a droid pilot at the helm they won't even crash.)

Didn't the Ebon Hawk only survive because Kreia wanted the Exile to come? Though I think its more cause Traya and her troops are Force Sensitive, thus they can sort of negate themselves from crash landing. Or maybe the guys on Malachor really are stuck there lol and only got there, cause Traya allowed such.

/shrug

Just a thought.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

P.S. Aurbere, don't feel the need to play neutrality - you can choose a side if you want to! I'm happy to carry that burden alone. :p

I'm kinda on the fence for this one. It's not like other matches where the victor was clear (in my eyes). This match can truly swing either way, imo.

Personally, I think Traya's victory hinges on locating the HK factory. If she can destroy it, she makes herself unbeatable. Unless G0-T0 can procure droids as effective as the HKs. If not, then he has to send in inferior droids, as most organics would die or be corrupted.

Of course, G0-T0 could just activate the Mass Shadow Generator, but doesn't that require Remote?

Edit: Also, we haven't taken Traya's fleet and the gravity well generators into account. She could just go to Nar Shaddaa and trap G0-T0 there while her fighters search for his ship.

Edited by Aurbere

I'm kinda on the fence for this one. It's not like other matches where the victor was clear (in my eyes). This match can truly swing either way, imo.

Personally, I think Traya's victory hinges on locating the HK factory. If she can destroy it, she makes herself unbeatable. Unless G0-T0 can procure droids as effective as the HKs. If not, then he has to send in inferior droids, as most organics would die or be corrupted.

Of course, G0-T0 could just activate the Mass Shadow Generator, but doesn't that require Remote?

Edit: Also, we haven't taken Traya's fleet and the gravity well generators into account. She could just go to Nar Shaddaa and trap G0-T0 there while her fighters search for his ship.

We also haven't taken in account the illegal mods G0-T0 is going to equip his ships with. I think it would be smart to assess a space battle, since neither combatants really* have a land army.

*We could argue that they do, but they don't have true "infantry".

I also admit defeat in my earlier attack on Traya assassins. But it should be noted they are at a disadvantage against G0-T0's droid assassins.

Edited by Canino

The Remote had the codes to access it, but with enough time and technical know how it could be sliced and activated that way. And I'm sure G0-T0 can procure some advanced slicer droids to do the job.

Concerning landing on Malachor, we have no evidence to suggest that Kreia guided the Hawk's descent. It could be that smaller ships that come to Malachor don't crash that often, or they do crash but are not destroyed. I'm sure G0-T0, if prepared, can plot a more steady descent (in my FanFic, I explained the to and froing of assassins from Malachor possible through use of special flight codes which plotted a course through the storms, pure speculation however.)

And fleets? What fleets? G0-T0 only has a yacht and possibly some freighters... I think ground forces are more important, and G0-T0 will have his factory locked down tight. So a ground battle is likely.

I'll leave are analysts (Aurbere and Wolf :p) to consider that factor.