Sith chain of loyalty?

Darth_Solrac

Pump your brakes on 'always' there, just not true.

When have the Sith had a LASTING victory over the Jedi in all of Galactic History? A few years between The Jedi Civil War and the Triumvirate's Interregnum, a few years where they had the upper hand between the Great Galactic War and the breaking of the Treaty of Corrosant (we all know the Republic wins in the end of this little war we play out in TOR), two or so decades during the Dark Times, and a few years during One Sith Empire. The rest of the time they are either actively fighting the Jedi, licking their wounds after loosing to the Jedi, or "planning" for their next fight with the Jedi.

Jedi on the other hand go entire generations between serious Sith threats in a good run.

When have the Sith had a LASTING victory over the Jedi in all of Galactic History? A few years between The Jedi Civil War and the Triumvirate's Interregnum, a few years where they had the upper hand between the Great Galactic War and the breaking of the Treaty of Corrosant (we all know the Republic wins in the end of this little war we play out in TOR), two or so decades during the Dark Times, and a few years during One Sith Empire. The rest of the time they are either actively fighting the Jedi, licking their wounds after loosing to the Jedi, or "planning" for their next fight with the Jedi.

Jedi on the other hand go entire generations between serious Sith threats in a good run.

That, my friend, is SIMPLY because Lucas, & the creators of those games ultimately kowtowed to the conventional wisdom/societal pressure that 'good' has to win out. BS.

If SW were reality, a militarist, strongest survive mentality run society & nation like the Sith Empire would likely, ultimately, eat the Republic for lunch.

When have the Jedi/Republic have had a Lasting Victory?

The RO2 doesn't count, they purposely hid.

And after the Emperor was destroyed, much of the GE was still there but no leader. Until Thrawn Came Along.

And the GE is arguably the 2nd most succesful Empire ever. They destoryed the Republic which has never been done before and destroyed ALL of the JEDI. Who cares how long it lasted, they achieved the almighty goal.

And the GE is arguably the 2nd most succesful Empire ever. They destoryed the Republic which has never been done before and destroyed ALL of the JEDI. Who cares how long it lasted, they achieved the almighty goal.

And the Jedi dont? in folowing your reason even the jedi were more sucessfull. In destroying the sith empire.... uh how manny time sexactly 2 or 3 or more i just lost count.

My take on this issue is light and dark will always be there as well the fight against the darkside. always.

Edited by Spartanik

Sith always follow there own interests.

They only serve the Sith Order and Sith Empire in their own interests, mostly this is their interest to stay alive, as disobeying stronger Sith will get them killed.

But if any Sith got enough power to overthrow the Empire and create his own he would do it in a second.

When have the Jedi/Republic have had a Lasting Victory?

The RO2 doesn't count, they purposely hid.

And after the Emperor was destroyed, much of the GE was still there but no leader. Until Thrawn Came Along.

I wouldn`t say `all`.

To address the OP's actual question: it depends.

Depends on the individual Sith, depends on the time frame. For example Malgus is a Sith who clearly puts The Force and The Empire (or at least what he believes The Empire should be) above himself. Malgus' chain would be:

1. The Force

2. The Empire

3. Himself

Malgus is also a fanatic with what boils down to a religious relationship with The Force. In his mind striving for power/following the Dark Side isn't just his right as a Sith it is literally doing what is right.

Then you have to look at the Baneite Sith and throw the Grand Plan into the mix of things to possibly be loyal to. But then again the Grand Plan could easily be considered synonymous with The Force as they believe that following the Grand Plan is doing what is right for The Force and the GFFA. So for someone like Plagueis of Sidious the chain might look like:

1. Themselves

2. The Grand Plan/The Force

3. The Empire (purely theoretical to anyone besides Sids, but still what they were striving toward)

However for previous members of that line you might see a chain that looks more like:

1. The Grand Plan

2. Themselves

3. The Empire

Sith Loyalty? Not to each other, not to anyone.

Look at the people who server them first... The average citizen (non-slave) of the empire is loyal to two things. Their own self and the empire. The Sith follow a similar pattern, except its their own self and power instead of the empire.

Being its rulers the empire is just another form of power for the Sith, and a greater rank within it means more power. So what would pass as patriotism for a regular citizen is just masked greed for them.

But they are loyal to other forms of power. Most sane Sith will bend knee to another with more power (stronger Force abilities, bigger military, better spie network), until they can find away take that power for their own. Its why so many apprentices try to take out their masters. And this seems normal to them, because its the power they are loyal too, not the person wielding it.

Sith may seem loyal to Sith order, but only when, if, and as along as it gives them access to power. A pureblood for example, has no desire to break Sith traditions that favor themselves. If however doing so would grant them a sizeable increase in their own power, most would toss those traditions out the window. Though some might remain more conservative, it would be more because of the risks of losing power. This is why most Sith don't do anyhting too unsettling to the order as a whole, no one wants to rock the boat so much that it flips and all the Sith lose power.

So it all boils down to power and themselves. The only things a Sith is truly loyal too.

If SW history has shown us anything, it seems to always go a full circle, the Sith wipe out the Jedi, the Jedi return and wipe out the Sith, the Sith Return and so on, etc etc.

Neither the Sith or Jedi/Republic has had a lasting government.

But yes, the downfall of the Sith is they spend too much time caring about their personal interests and end up fighting with themselves, I think the Sith probably kill more of their forces than the Republic/Jedi.

That, my friend, is SIMPLY because Lucas, & the creators of those games ultimately kowtowed to the conventional wisdom/societal pressure that 'good' has to win out. BS.

If SW were reality, a militarist, strongest survive mentality run society & nation like the Sith Empire would likely, ultimately, eat the Republic for lunch.

this.

Like:

• Nazi Germany
  • the Soviet Union
  • Napoleonic France

Shall I go on?

Even the Roman Empire, militaristic as it was, survived because it brought the barbarians inside the Empire instead of simply ruling with an iron fist.

Okay, of course, the barbarians eventually brought it down. That's beside the point. It took centuries of moral/social/economic/military decay for that to happen.

Are you trying to tell me that the English throne has lasted a thousand years because they continuously beat people into submission? All the blokes out there, help me out! Is that what has happened?

"Kowtowing" to "good" may be one thing ... but I think that part of Lucas' message is that evil eventually consumes itself. Show me an example of a benevolent dictatorship that has stood the test of time and you'll prove me wrong, but until then I still think that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Benevolence has a very short lifespan in military powers, as do powers that are solely military.