Combat medic utilities

Greezt

I'm currently leveling a mando as combat medic. I've rarely ever played mando heals before, so I'm wondering which utilities people take for them.

Current (present and future):

Skillful - Tenacious defense, Concussive force, Sticky mods.

Masterful - Supercharged defense, Suit FOE.

Heroic - Forced march, Smoke screen.

I know forced march is super enticing, but the reduced energy shield is much more important, and you're going to be a stand and cast class with or w/o the heal channel on the move. thing is...I wouldn't recommend merc healing w/o a guard. imo, merc heals is just super stationary. and you only move to get out of stuff or los. rely in your peels and all the synergy you can build with energy shield.

:2cents:

confession: once you get used to forced march, it's extremely addicting, but it's really not, imo, the best choice for a healer with trinity.

Edited by foxmob

Ok, so here's a question - why not take Smoke screen? Taking Combat shield makes sense, especially with Reflexive shield, but Smoke screen gives you immunity to interrupts for 4/20 seconds. Isn't that worth considering? It's basically a much better version of the same thing. Please elaborate!

I might consider dropping Forced march as well, but then I will be a defacto tree... It's a hard choice to make.

I mean smokescreen is ok, but honestly you should be taking the utility that makes your shield have a shorter cd, along with medshield. I also like the utility that vents heat while youre stunned, it allows more burst intensive healing when they put more focus on you. In addition, the utility that reduces aoe/stun damage is great as well. Unfortunately, I love the mobility granted to you by Thrill of the Hunt, but I find it is better to be a beefier stationary healer. Your best bet is to practice intensive healing under pressure to familiarize yourself with self-preservational healing and how to stay alive, because as a merc healer you are probably going to get targeted.

Even then merc healing is far and away my favorite healing class.

So what do you do when you dps? Forced march seems good not only for healing, but also for dps. It has double kiting potential, too (you can use both full auto and successive treatment on the move).

For healer? Tier 1 I'd take lower cds, ammo on stun and more hp. Tier 2 I'd take supercharged defense and heal shield and tier 3 I'd take lower cd on shield and forced march.

This utility set kinda requires you to be able to kite, though.

Ok, so here's a question - why not take Smoke screen? Taking Combat shield makes sense, especially with Reflexive shield, but Smoke screen gives you immunity to interrupts for 4/20 seconds. Isn't that worth considering? It's basically a much better version of the same thing. Please elaborate!

I might consider dropping Forced march as well, but then I will be a defacto tree... It's a hard choice to make.

I rarely use Smoke Screen because every time I use propulsion round, there's an object behind that doesn't let me get away from my enemies. I wished bioware made the propulsion round go up and over even when there's an object behind my back. I usually use the utilities that were in a skill tree back when I first played this game since 2013. I never got to learn every class after this combat proficiencies was introduce on 2014, or 2015, I can't remember. Wished swtor.com was able to show what the old skill trees were for each class.