Don't know what character to grind

MandFlurry

Which one, if any, do you not care to experience the stories as? I would grind the one that you do not care about spacebarring through the missions as if you are in a hurry.

I ground out 2 characters on double xp time and I regret not taking my time tbh. Double XP is only good if you don't care about the stories and want to skip as much as you can or if you already have seen it all and just want to plow through.

If you're going for efficiency: Consular. Leveling slows down a lot around the 30's and double XP really helps with this.

If you want to avoid repetition: make your new Sentinel and zoom through the stuff you already saw on your Guardian.

But, no reason to stick with just one unless you are trying to get one to 50-55 quickly. I like to do stuff on a few different characters during double XP so I don't get burned out on one, or feel like I "missed" like half of their leveling. xD

Just my 2 credits though. Have fun choosing! :)

Edited by Gwena

I have always been curious about the sniper/slinger class, but the whole stationary concept is very far from my normal play style. But with the double EXP I can quickly move through the lower ranks and get a better feel for the various skills at the higher levels. (With that being said I still can't sit still...heh).

In my opinion if you find yourself "grinding" you're doing something wrong and missing out on a lot of the fun this game has to offer. If you're looking for a grind try WoW...

I suggest rerolling a brand new race/gender/allignment/faction/advanced class combination. Something you've never tried. And RP it. This is a perfect week to casually stroll through a new class story without getting bogged down in generic planetary missions.

TLDR, Don't grind -- roleplay!

I got 6 characters right now (5 Republic, 1 Sith), 1 it is a level 36 Jedi Consular, the other a level 35 Scoundrel and have 2 commandos 1 is 26 and the other 14 and two others just for the sake of having all the crafting cover. But after leveling the first 2 pass 35 now I am focusing on getting everyone to level 35 and crafting at 400, so I am not getting bored by a large margin.

I never have enough time to all I want to do. :D

All due respect, I would avoid trying to grind a shadow. My main is a shadow and I found that all the sneaking took a long time, and if I stopped to fight mobs it ruined the RP for me as the class is based on sneaking. I am leveling a Bounty Hunter right now because I hate playing tanks (but the storyline is great)....so maybe pick a class you hate and do that during XP week....

Just my thoughts!

I am leveling a Bounty Hunter right now because I hate playing tanks (but the storyline is great)....so maybe pick a class you hate and do that during XP week....

Just my thoughts!

True.

I leveled a trooper last time Double XP Weekend was around, simply because I wanted the achievement for having 1 55 per class and I'm glad I did because along with Sents/Marauders it's probably the most boring class to play IN MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Double XP helps when you really want to see the story or just get a toon to 55 without having to waste a long time playing a class you don't particularly enjoy. I save normal leveling for classes I do enjoy, like Sorcs/Sages and Operatives/Scoundrels.

This might have been worth its own thread, but I correlate it to this same question I'm asking but for other reasons. I know a character I want to grind or work on but then I have to stop playing that character when someone you play with logs on.....Double XP really shines a floodlight on the lack of a Sidekick system in SWTOR, when you're trying to play the game together with someone else. It's already kinda difficult with normal XP, but w/double XP man, it's hard. Trying to figure out who to run and when and to what level to be able to play with someone else's whatever @ whatever level.... but if I play that character too much solo without the other person, with double xp, when they get back on, now it seems impossible to play them together without someone's XP getting destroyed......

We were logging characters in and out and flying around the galaxy half the night just trying to match up properly, lol I had one too high, i logged on another but it was too low we'd wipe a bit, and it seem everything kept falling too low or too high.

So yeah, double XP really really shows you how much a SK system is needed in SWTOR, imho, anyhow.....

Edited by Code_Airwolf

In my opinion if you find yourself "grinding" you're doing something wrong and missing out on a lot of the fun this game has to offer. If you're looking for a grind try WoW...

I suggest rerolling a brand new race/gender/allignment/faction/advanced class combination. Something you've never tried. And RP it. This is a perfect week to casually stroll through a new class story without getting bogged down in generic planetary missions.

TLDR, Don't grind -- roleplay!

The great thing about the stories in this game is that you don't have to feel like you're grinding. And, as mentioned, with double xp you can skip the side quests that you do on each character, only doing the class story and those side missions that you genuinely enjoy.

I'd advise against rushing through any of the stories, but particularly against rushing through the agent story. It's arguably the best story in the game.

Edited by errant_knight

I have always been curious about the sniper/slinger class, but the whole stationary concept is very far from my normal play style. But with the double EXP I can quickly move through the lower ranks and get a better feel for the various skills at the higher levels. (With that being said I still can't sit still...heh).

I tried both, but they just didn't come close to the Op/Scoundrel classes (for me). Having to give up both stealth/sneak *and* heal for the (questionable) coolness of dual wield and some amount of DPS increase was not good enough for me. Also, I hated the whole "crouch" thing....I played my Op and my Scoundrel as melee and never used crouch/shield.