Where's our Baby Yoda pet?

matthobbit

I want a Baby Yoda pet!

I will pay ANYTHING

I second this. I will also pay an additional anything for The Mandalorian's Beskar armour set.

I have spoken. This is the way.

Right after the Porg pet

No one wanted them. Porgs are for eating.

While they are at it they can develop a new story that includes meeting a baby Yoda which through story you can hire and/or romance.

It's worth noting that Yoda is the name of a character, not the name of a Species. I haven't seen The Mandalorian, so I don't know if it's "baby Yoda" or "a baby yoda type creature", but SWTOR is set long before Yoda was born. At best it would have to be a baby yoda-type.

Edited by JediQuaker

It's worth noting that Yoda is the name of a character, not the name of a Species. I haven't seen The Mandalorian, so I don't know if it's "baby Yoda" or "a baby yoda type creature", but SWTOR is set long before Yoda was born, so at beast it would have to be a baby yoda-type.

Well that statement was me being facetious obviously they won't be adding any "baby Yoda things" or baby Vaders, or Baby anything for that matter let alone will they create a new companion with it's very own new chapter.

Sorry I just found this topic silly, although the idea of them creating a new chapter like the old chapters would be a welcome development.

On this topic, I don't know why they can't do that. They got lots of older planets, why not develop new characters and stories on these old planets? Really the possibilities are endless.

It's worth noting that Yoda is the name of a character, not the name of a Species. I haven't seen The Mandalorian, so I don't know if it's "baby Yoda" or "a baby yoda type creature", but SWTOR is set long before Yoda was born. At best it would have to be a baby yoda-type.

Pretty much the only thing we know about that baby is that it's from the same species as Yoda, IIRC they call it "he", so

it's probably male, is 50 year old and doesn't have a proper name yet as they only call him "the Child"

I read a while back that there were some licensing / trademark issues. I can't vouch for the veracity of that one way or the other, though I do note that Master Oteg is in the game.

That sort of debunks the whole lore / timeline issue right there. More broadly, just because a species appears for the first time in films, e.g. Porgs, does not mean they didn't also exist in the Old Republic timeline. Unless, of course, someone can point to a definitive spontaneous creation of the creature or race. Pretty sure Lando Calrissian wasn't the first person of color in the galaxy, even though he appears 3,000 years in the future. Some people a couple years ago complained about the style of robes too. I'm pretty sure they had crusty old robes in the Old Republic era. :p

My view is if they can introduce him as a pet -- do it. Lots of creatures are pets. And I hope if they do, they make a killing in the CM. Has anyone seen how many new Mando-themed characters / guilds are populating the galaxy now? If cross-marketing injects more funding into this game -- I'm all in.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Has anyone seen how many new Mando-themed characters / guilds are populating the galaxy now? If cross-marketing injects more funding into this game -- I'm all in.

I find it really clever that BW has designed/created content that has some representation of whatever big screen movie is out during that time.

This shows that all branches of these different groups work in tandem with one another, communicating marketing plans with each other.

For instance like now, how a new Mandalorian armor set is available to buy off the CM with a complete set of different weapons, or how the last Story Chapter they made in 6.0 included some plot lines with some shady Mandalorians.

After the first ep of the Mandalorian in the Twitter madness that followed it was established that everyone knew it wasn't baby Yoda but no-one knows the Yoda species so "baby Yoda" was the best name & it stuck.

Also :eek: YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MANDALORIAN? Go watch it now. Let nothing stand in your way!