Hybrid

Menegoch

Hi all

Does anyone know if such an exotic built as going half dirty fighting, half saboteuer is a somehow playable option? i thought some skills in the dirty tree fit quite well with the dirty fighting tree...

Cheers

Menegoch

Edited by Menegoch

Hi all

Does anyone know if such an exotic built as going half dirty fighting, half saboteuer is a somehow playable option? i thought some skills in the dirty tree fit quite well with the dirty fighting tree...

Cheers

Menegoch

It needs more testing AFIAK, before the forum wipes, there was a 12-13 page thread on IA forums about engineering and hybrids. some people were saying that the talents didn't mesh together and even some weren't flat out working. At this point it's a crap shoot really. There were a few guys that played all through the beta testing and were swearing by a pure engineering build (which I thought was crap for the points spent), but he played engineering for a very select amount of time, most of his builds were marksman :rolleyes:

On Paper it looks really effective, and I intend to at least test a 21/20 build once I get access and share my analysis.

It needs more testing AFIAK, before the forum wipes, there was a 12-13 page thread on IA forums about engineering and hybrids. some people were saying that the talents didn't mesh together and even some weren't flat out working. At this point it's a crap shoot really. There were a few guys that played all through the beta testing and were swearing by a pure engineering build (which I thought was crap for the points spent), but he played engineering for a very select amount of time, most of his builds were marksman :rolleyes:

On Paper it looks really effective, and I intend to at least test a 21/20 build once I get access and share my analysis.

I can confirm with the last beta that independent anarchy and arsonist the + 15% base damage to AoE and the + 30% damage AoE crits does not modify shrapnel bomb.

There are however some nice combinations from sabo / sharpshooter. With pandemonium, hot pursuit and snap shot you can pretty much get 2 instant charged bursts in pvp.

For example a stealther pops on you and you use pulse detonate followed by an instant charged burst, and then hit them with another instant charged burst as you exit cover. You can also get shock charge with the slow which is really handy to have in a sharpshooter spec.

Dirty fighting has some nice stuff but it doesn't blend to well with the other trees imo, and I feel you have to put a lot more in it to make it worth while. With sabo or sharpshooter you can go 21-25 in and be pretty well off, but since dirty fighting is built around DoTs and your main dot damage increasing abilities are 25+ you gotta go the whole way in to 31 to make it worth while imo.