Covert Energy Headgear & Remove Class/Type restrictions from Outfitting

Farstrider

Hi all,

A Covert Energy Headgear would work wonders for customising outfits a step further forcing the hood down on robes yet being invisible, combined with removing all the class/type restrictions from stamping gear into your outfit slots.

Bioware can charge CCs for the Covert Energy Headgear so there's a win there and I can't imagine invisible items require as much development/art/implementation time?

Just a couple of QoL shower thoughts!

Edited by Farstrider

We've been asking for a way to remove hoods 'til we were blue in the face to no avail To add insult to injury, they keep adding hideous hoods to otherwise really nice outfits.

I'd love it if they'd remove the class restrictions from gear. It's obsolete. They removed weight restrictions in the outfit designer, so why not class restrictions if they can't be assed to change the armor itself? And while they are at it they could add back the ability to dye green gear in outfit stamps. Eric said he'd look into what happened there, but crickets since. I'd be tempted to theorize they really don't want us using looted or crafted gear in the outfit designer and only want us using Cartel gear, but it's probably more a matter of sloppy design and they really don't care if it ever gets fixed. Bioware Austin is now famous for make it and forget it when it comes to in game features.

We've been asking for a way to remove hoods 'til we were blue in the face to no avail To add insult to injury, they keep adding hideous hoods to otherwise really nice outfits.

This is so annoying...

The covert energy, would be good, but if it disapear during cutscenes like other helmets it would clearly be far from the perfect solution.

So it'd rather take a toggle to remove hoods (my favourite solution) or 2 versions or torso part one with the hood and one without.

I agree that a hood toggle would be my preference but it's been discussed and Bioware have alluded to it being an input > output as far as resources and time is concerned, there may have even been engine constraints, I don't recall exactly but I do remember a statement being issued in the vein of the above.

The Covert Energy Headgear is an alternative that works for us and which Bioware can make some $$$'s from.

And while they are at it they could add back the ability to dye green gear in outfit stamps. Eric said he'd look into what happened there, but crickets since.

100% agree with this, some of the green gear is amazing but horrific colours that can't be dyed.

The Covert Energy Headgear is an alternative that works for us and which Bioware can make some $$$'s from.

For it to really work, it would have to be irremovable during cutscenes though. I'd hate wasting money on an item that would not hide ugly hoods during cutscenes.

So if a toggle is not possible, i'd rather have 2 chestpieces, like what they did for the Resort Swimwear, but one with the hood and one without. Ar least with that option, i'd be sure to never see the ugly hood and my character turning bald during cutscenes.

A Covert Energy Headgear would work wonders for customising outfits a step further forcing the hood down on robes yet being invisible, combined with removing all the class/type restrictions from stamping gear into your outfit slots.

Actually, CE headgear would *not* work wonders. It does not enable:

* Showing hoods while wearing helmets like Kallig's Countenance.

* Hiding hoods while wearing helmets like the Eradicator's Mask (?name).

It also would require special treatment, as noted, unique among helmets, to prevent it from being hidden in companion conversations, because hiding it (yes, I know, it's not visible) prevents it from hiding the hood. (Sorry, too many negatives there. I mean that if it doesn't get this special treatment, your hood would reappear during companion conversations.)

It's not clear to me that Covert Energy Headgear would do anything different than "Hide Head Slot". Enabling a hood to be up or down is not a given.

It's rather pointless if it is *only* an invisible helmet, since it would be priced higher than the "Enable Hide Head Slot" unlock for non-subs, so including the "Hides Hood: Yes" flag would be more or less essential. That, in turn, would make it misbehave in ... entertaining ... ways as suggested above, as well as *not* doing the job of a "Hide Hood" toggle.