Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

JacksonMo
06.02.2017 , 10:54 AM | #111
What Parsing tool do you use?
If we know your method, maybe some of us can help fill in the gaps with the companions that are missing.

iDahj
06.02.2017 , 07:59 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
I made a few adjustments to my recommendations for all roles and did a little cleanup.

In 5.x accuracy for non-force/tech attacks was changed, so ranged companions miss less and melee companions miss more. This seems to make dual pistol users even for DPS with dual saber users.

I still don't understand why melee 1 handed users (Yunn) are so much lower dps than ranged blaster riffle users (Lt. Pierce), they should be even now, so it's just some strange hard coded damage difference.
Well Yuun was bugged back in 2.x era so I assume since launch where some of the abilities were boosted by Willpower instead of Aim. I am guessing the ability is still boosted by willpower but since i can put willpower gear on the companion to test can't say for certain. I vaguely recall several other companions had similar issues, perhaps some other old timers can help remember which ones they were and we can figure out if they are under performing now.

I believe parsec tracked companions. Google found this https://parsec.codeplex.com/

enjoy
-jams

JacksonMo
06.21.2017 , 01:20 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by iDahj View Post
Well Yuun was bugged back in 2.x era so I assume since launch where some of the abilities were boosted by Willpower instead of Aim. I am guessing the ability is still boosted by willpower but since i can put willpower gear on the companion to test can't say for certain. I vaguely recall several other companions had similar issues, perhaps some other old timers can help remember which ones they were and we can figure out if they are under performing now.

I believe parsec tracked companions. Google found this https://parsec.codeplex.com/

enjoy
-jams
Companions no longer gain stats from gear. Also Willpower, Aim, etc have all been replaced with Mastery.

Coppersmitth
06.26.2017 , 05:01 AM | #114
Does anyone know how blizz does? I leveled him to 50 for a few reasons. #1 I love Jawa's. #2 He has a large influence gain from almost every type of gift so it was super easy to level.

JacksonMo
07.04.2017 , 03:50 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Coppersmitth View Post
Does anyone know how blizz does? I leveled him to 50 for a few reasons. #1 I love Jawa's. #2 He has a large influence gain from almost every type of gift so it was super easy to level.
He put a link to the parse app he uses under the Parse section. Let us know what you find.

JacksonMo
07.05.2017 , 06:43 AM | #116
If anyone is interested, the new Gamorean Bodyguard parsed a respectable 5718 dps against the fleet target dummy at lvl 50 influence.

redsoxdave
08.02.2017 , 08:18 AM | #117
OP, you've done an awesome job.

I wonder what the variance is for these DPS parses. I ran four 1M dmg parses on the fleet operations dummy with a level 50 Kira (alll datacrons, buffs, but no other effects or gear) and got the following:

Parse 1: 5030 dps
Parse 2: 5301 dps
Parse 3: 4942 dps
Parse 4: 4973 dps

For reference, my level 1 2V-R8 parsed at 3409 dps the one time I ran him.

mrobviousinaz
08.09.2017 , 10:20 AM | #118
I just found this guide and wanted to say awesome job and thanks for putting in the effort for the community.

UmbralSpirit
08.19.2017 , 03:17 AM | #119
Marr makes for a good tanking companion....IF you are like me and don't give a flying piece of bantha dung about KotFE/KotET that is.

Sasco
08.25.2017 , 03:20 AM | #120
Thanks for the great guide!

I must be slow but how do you set Parsec to just show companion DPS? Thanks
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. "
Benjamin Franklin