KOTFE leveling changes?

AbaddonDes

I took about a month off before KOTFE launched and I'm just curious about leveling rates now. Before with the leveling boost I was gaining a level or two on each planet it seems now it's slowed down. I have a level 36 inquisitor that I really want to start maining on but to reach level 55 and start the SoR stuff should I just do the class missions or is it now neccessary to do the side quests on each planet? I'm looking for the fastest patch to 55 and SoR so I can get to KOTFE stuff asap.

Thanks for any help.

Right now you have to do the Class Quests as well as something else. It's slower then it was with 12xp but it's still pretty fast.

You'll notice some quests are purple now, that's the class and main storyline for the planet as well as some FP's. If you do nothing but the purple quests you'll be on par level wise for each planet.

You can skip the planetary quests if you want, and do something else, like FP's, Heroics or PvP. If you have enough XP boosts you could skip those as well.

Hi there,

The experience rate has indeed been lessened. If you were to do every side/heroic then you will still actually get there really fast. If you power through the class quests and then go through Illum you should be around 53. Check out this reddit guide. It is fairly neat and sounds like what you are asking for. Also technically, the quickest route to KOTFE content would be buying the instant level 60 token. Though they do cost a couple million credits, you at least get three free maxed crew skills. Hope this helps.

Have a nice day.

I took about a month off before KOTFE launched and I'm just curious about leveling rates now. Before with the leveling boost I was gaining a level or two on each planet it seems now it's slowed down. I have a level 36 inquisitor that I really want to start maining on but to reach level 55 and start the SoR stuff should I just do the class missions or is it now neccessary to do the side quests on each planet? I'm looking for the fastest patch to 55 and SoR so I can get to KOTFE stuff asap.

Thanks for any help.

If you want a quick boost, do things like stronghold quest, or warzone intro, etc they are all level 55 now and give quite a bit of exp. Aside from that ive only heard its FASTER to level now, not slower. But I guess its all playstyle too :)

Do the missions with purple mission icons - the Class Story and "critical" planet missions. These will give you about 6x experience, instead of the 12x you used to get from just Class Story missions. And that should be plenty to keep you leveling almost as fast as with 12x, and definitely will keep you ahead of the leveling curve for whatever planet you're on, without having to do any side missions, or FPs or whatever else.

I have more than a few lower-level characters, and they still tend to be at the top of the level range for whatever planet when they first arrive, and by the time they leave, they're typically "too high" level for the planet and getting "synced" down. But they're still plenty able to handle everything. And the level sync also keeps them earning "appropriate" exp for their actual level, rather than reduced or no exp for being over leveled.

Edited by Adric_the_Red