Stuck

Sawmark

Stuck!

Level 32

everywhere I go mobs are 4 levels higher. I checked the planet levels from my ship and there is no where else to go.

Everything was smooth until I left Alderaan for Taris. I think I arrived there 30-31 so I was already a little behind on comparative levels of mobs, but now at 32 there is nothing left but red quests. I went back to Alderaan to see if I missed anything, but any new area was level 40 mobs. So what do I do now?

I almost 3-4 levels off from continuing in Taris. I skipped the heroics. Is this why. Do you have to complete heroics to level?

Stuck!

Level 32

everywhere I go mobs are 4 levels higher. I checked the planet levels from my ship and there is no where else to go.

Everything was smooth until I left Alderaan for Taris. I think I arrived there 30-31 so I was already a little behind on comparative levels of mobs, but now at 32 there is nothing left but red quests. I went back to Alderaan to see if I missed anything, but any new area was level 40 mobs. So what do I do now?

I almost 3-4 levels off from continuing in Taris. I skipped the heroics. Is this why. Do you have to complete heroics to level?

I would recommend going back to earlier planets to see if you have unlocked the bonus missions..otherwise you will have to grind Space missions or PVP

Well, not able to get anywhere with the space missions, and Im not feeling pvp, so I guess the game ends for me here. Ive played consule games, WoW for about 4 years, and never have I run into a situation like this where I simply can't level anymore. Something basically flawed with the game if you end up stuck like this. I'm not sure what I missed except for heroics. But there you are. So I'll be cancelling my account. I did very much enjoy everything else about this game. I think it blows most other games, including WOW out of the water with the leveling process (except for what Ive mentioned above). I'm not sure what the end game is, but I would assume there is some great stuff there as well.

I could level another toon. But I just don't think after today and this experience I can continue to enjoy it. Best of luck everyone. I hope someone in SWTOR takes something from this. It is probably the easiest and most fundamental problem to fix. Just a few more quest hubs and your on your way.

Sadly, not for me.

Good Night.

Yes I did. I have one yellow and one orange and the rest gray. Not enough to make up 4 levels. No problem though. I just cancelled my account. It had been a wonderful experience up until then.

Guess it's back to WOW.

Happy gaming!

Wow, not sure how you managed to run into this problem. I got to Taris around the same level as you and everything lined up pretty darn well. I have not done a single Heroic quest and no flash points other than Black Talon, and I very rarely PvP, almost everything I do is solo. Edited by Syntakk

• 3 years later...

Does anyone have this problem?

I'm at level 24 and my bar XP/Legacy/rested XP does not move a single unit? I killed anything that moves but still does not increase a single unit for anything? Do you only get XP from missions, flashpoints or Heroics? I thought you can also get XPs from killing any foes in zone.

I'm a returning player and currently playing on Taris. Are these planets locked up after you reach certain levels then you have to move to something else? or do I need to put a ticket for being stuck and not able to progress.

Thanks for any feedback!

Wow, necro'd a 2012 thread, impressive!

Taris (Republic) is level 16-20. You are probably in a L16 or L17 zone, which would put you at 7 or 8 levels above the content. At 7 levels or more above content, you get virtually no experience. Probably none from kills. If you look in your Log window, you'll probably see the missions you are doing are in Grey. Grey = over-leveled (green = ok, yellow = your level or a bit higher? Red = significantly higher, you may have trouble).

I'd suggest completing your class mission (listed under "class") which will progress your story. Probably to a zone where you are no longer over-leveled. Note, you can always do over-leveled content, it just won't grant you much/any XP.

BTW, this will change with 4.0 (KotFE) which gets released Oct 20/27.

Wow, necro'd a 2012 thread, impressive!

Taris (Republic) is level 16-20. You are probably in a L16 or L17 zone, which would put you at 7 or 8 levels above the content. At 7 levels or more above content, you get virtually no experience. Probably none from kills. If you look in your Log window, you'll probably see the missions you are doing are in Grey. Grey = over-leveled (green = ok, yellow = your level or a bit higher? Red = significantly higher, you may have trouble).

I'd suggest completing your class mission (listed under "class") which will progress your story. Probably to a zone where you are no longer over-leveled. Note, you can always do over-leveled content, it just won't grant you much/any XP.

BTW, this will change with 4.0 (KotFE) which gets released Oct 20/27.

Thank you! I couldn't find anything resembling to what I was asking so I used this thread. I guess I should move to the next planet. Heroic mission only gave me 35XP :/

Have you finished the class story on Taris? I think it's "Last Battle of the Endar Spire". In which case you have two choices:

1) Start the bonus series on Taris (you get it from an NPC back at the spaceport), or

2) Continue on to Nar Shaddaa (starts at L21)

I'd suggest doing the Bonus series. Some decent missions, and you'll get XP from them (they are L18-20).

The issue is 12XP. It gets you over-leveled through early content. But by around L30, you'll only be 1-2-3 above the content, so it'll be fairly normal then.

You should never be that under leveled on any planet it sends you too, if you have done all the missions.

Each planets sets you up for the next if anything you should be over-leveled by a level or two, my advice is go back and go around the planet and see where you missed those missions at...

EDIT: Ok just notice that this thread was brought back from a 3 year death:rolleyes: Geez why do people do that :confused: Anyway disregard this post...:rolleyes:

Edited by Legolose

Does anyone have this problem?

I'm at level 24 and my bar XP/Legacy/rested XP does not move a single unit? I killed anything that moves but still does not increase a single unit for anything? Do you only get XP from missions, flashpoints or Heroics? I thought you can also get XPs from killing any foes in zone.

I'm a returning player and currently playing on Taris. Are these planets locked up after you reach certain levels then you have to move to something else? or do I need to put a ticket for being stuck and not able to progress.

Thanks for any feedback!

You're most likely over level for the enemies in the area. If you mouse over an enemy (where you'll see the enemy's name, health, etc.), you'll also see a number, ranking the enemy. The color of the number shows how much xp you'll get. If the number is gray, you get nothing. Red (much harder than your level) gets you the most xp, then orange, yellow, and green - which gives the least (aside from gray, of course). Missions are rated in the same way (Although they usually give an insignificant number, such as 5 xp, instead of nothing).