Datacron Codex Entries for Makeb.

Urantia

First off let me say I was happy to see this entry in the patch notes. Having been almost a year since 2.0 launched, I was beginning to think these were never going to be added. I got that they were not a high priority {a year for something so seemingly trivial made this case}.

Anyhow...I log on today and the first thing I did was went to my codex screen. To my dismay it still reads as 67/69...still. So were they added or not? I know for a fact I have every datacron in the game...even earned the "Datacron Master" title back on 04/09/2013 when early access for 2.0 started.

Were the codex entires retroactively granted? If so, what were they called. I have gotten every cron in the game on all 16 of my characters...but because there was never a codex entry granted I have no idea what it is called. I really cannot be bothered to see if they are there by a process of eliminating all the pre-Makeb crons. I would also be lying if I said I ever committed any of the entries to memory lol...I grabbed them for stats nothing more nothing less.

I see also that Makeb, to this day, has still not been added to the codex screen with the other planets {humorously Oricon was added the day it was patced in lol}. Would this be the reason the screen will still say 67/69 for any player that truly has them all?.

I remember after 2.0 for a short time you added 2 placeholder crons to Alderaan...making the planet screen say 5/7 {since Aldy only ever had 5 crons this made sense why it would keep saying 67/69}. So I would appreciate some clarification on this please. I know my toons have the stats from them {which is all I cared about}....but I have been very curious this past year as to why something that, on its face, seems so trivial. Will we ever see Makeb on that planet screen lol?

Redo them on your alts, its what I just did and got the 2 entries.

Unfortunately, while that helps the alts finally get the entry some of the completionist would like the entrys on their mains vs. always putting stuff on alts because it's not retroactive. I as well checked the second I logged in and thought about running to see if I can re-aquire the two datacrons again, but I remember how hard it was to get the presence one (45 attempts) vs. the endurance (1st attempt).

I have the Presence Datacron on my Main Smuggler (I haven't checked my other 55 yet) But, I don't have the Codex for that Datacron. And when I went back to see if I could get it, the datacron gave me that "You can not use this datacron Blah blah"

It's a bit annoying that these aren't fixed retroactively, but all the other codex fixes have been. -_-

I see also that Makeb, to this day, has still not been added to the codex screen with the other planets {humorously Oricon was added the day it was patced in lol}. Would this be the reason the screen will still say 67/69 for any player that truly has them all?

Uh, they did add Makeb to the planet codex section. It's been there for quite a few patches...

Unfortunately, while that helps the alts finally get the entry some of the completionist would like the entrys on their mains vs. always putting stuff on alts because it's not retroactive. I as well checked the second I logged in and thought about running to see if I can re-aquire the two datacrons again, but I remember how hard it was to get the presence one (45 attempts) vs. the endurance (1st attempt).

If you got the endurance datacron on your first attempt, you're my hero. If you needed 45 attempts to get the presence one though, I suggest you check your eyesight. Sure you're not mixing them up? :cool:

Either way, real shame the codex entries are not retroactively given. Shall pass for now I guess.

Uh, they did add Makeb to the planet codex section. It's been there for quite a few patches...

Maybe he's not aware that Republic players at least need to interact with the Makeb sign, on the Republic orbital station. I only recently unlocked it that way for my main Sentinel.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Since it looks like they're not automatically being granted retroactively, does anyone know whether a ticket can be submitted to get them unlocked on a character who accessed the datacrons prior to the update?

Anyone know if that has worked with prior codex update issues, similar to this one?

Since it looks like they're not automatically being granted retroactively, does anyone know whether a ticket can be submitted to get them unlocked on a character who accessed the datacrons prior to the update?

Anyone know if that has worked with prior codex update issues, similar to this one?

I was granted a couple of codex entries way back, after submitting a ticket. If I remember right though, those are still unobtainable, which is actually not the case here anymore.

If you got the endurance datacron on your first attempt, you're my hero. If you needed 45 attempts to get the presence one though, I suggest you check your eyesight. Sure you're not mixing them up? :cool:

Nope, sadly the Endruance one I got on one attempt, nothing for me to clip as I jumped. Everytime I try to jump on that tube for Presence, I clip the wall or land on the smaller pipe. My body 3 is a hinderance when it comes to jumping at times and for a while it was hard squeezing thru the door on Alderaan till they fixed it.

Nope, sadly the Endruance one I got on one attempt, nothing for me to clip as I jumped. Everytime I try to jump on that tube for Presence, I clip the wall or land on the smaller pipe. My body 3 is a hinderance when it comes to jumping at times and for a while it was hard squeezing thru the door on Alderaan till they fixed it.

There's a lot to clip for the Endurance one. First time I did it, only took 1-2 attempts as well and didn't notice. Second time, I clipped on a few jumps somehow (just the ground can clip you so it's not even obvious). Depends where you jump from I suppose. Presence one was easy for me, too, the first time. Second time I kept clipping that tube as well. Overall I dislike the Datacrons only because there is so many clipping issues and bugs in them and the jumping mechanics of this game. So many of them have places where you can get stuck and their solution to 'fixing' the problem is to unstuck you and place you at the start of the jumps instead of to just fix the gap where you can get stuck in. Lazy design.

Edited by Eyesmindassassin

Hi, I get the two datacrons o makeb just one day before 2.6a. After I took the second one, I get this pop up "Datacronmaster of Makeb", but I don´t get the codex entry and there is still 67-69 datacrons. I also try to pick up them again, but that did not work.

I hope you fix the problem as soon as you can. Thank you ;)

I am still showing 67-69 datacrons in the Codex listing. I went to makeb and tried to get the presence datacron and received the message you all ready have this datacron.

Any ideas.

Wait till the masters of bad coding finaly repair this mess...

they can't even check the database if somebody has achieved a datacron and then set it in the codex from 0 to 1.

This is ridiculous!

Wait till the masters of bad coding finaly repair this mess...

they can't even check the database if somebody has achieved a datacron and then set it in the codex from 0 to 1.

This is ridiculous!

I find this ridiculous as well. If they have done anything great in this game since beta, it is to show how horrible they are at retroactive anything. I can still remember my first experience with their inability to retroactively grant an accomplishment.

It was back in closed beta when we were first testing the legacy system. Back then you had to wait until you finished chapter 2 if I recall....but if a player in beta had already finished chapter 2 or past the point where it was granted....you got no legacy lol. Granted this was beta...so I was not too fussed over it. But such a glaring oversight did stick with me...and had me hoping it would not translate to live.

I have now lost count on what I have lost merely because I started playing before 04/09/2013 lol {the date I humorously refer to as "the day the game started"...since almost nothing before it counted}. To this day I get a laugh at how I capped my legacy lvl before there was even a interface to spend on {that came with 1.1 if my memory serves}....but had to wait until 04/09/2013 to be rewarded with a title. By this point in time everyone and their brother was a "Living Legend" lol. Maybe by the time ~100% of the server is legacy 50 they will finally add something needing leg 50 lol.

I could go on all day about such things....but it should be noted I could not possibly care less about codex entries, collections, titles, guilds, achievements, or vanity. What I care about is the integrity of the game....and my ability to have confidence in the staff. We all have basic expectations....from the simple case of not losing items from your cargo hold just because you logged off...to the expectation that if you do an activity {especially in the supposed post 04/09/2013 achievement era} you are rewarded as expected. Especially on something as trivial as a codex entry ffs.

I am sure BW knows about this issue since it has affected literally anyone that grabbed the Makeb datacrons between 2.0 {04/09/2013} and 2.6.1. how they handle it will be interesting...since they seem incapable fixing these things. I mean it only took them nearly a year to finally add the damn entries....yet they seem to have spent zero time making sure those that earned them prior would be granted the entries with 2.6.1.

I could go on all day about such things....but it should be noted I could not possibly care less about codex entries, collections, titles, guilds, achievements, or vanity.

The only thing I care about the codex is:

I can see what Datacrons a character has achieved - without taking notes on paper, have an exel or google sheet, or whatever.

Thats why the entries are important to me. I want to check this in the game, not on a piece of paper that gets lost.

But something like that is to hard for BioWare. Like many other things...