Pt vs merc (dps vs dps)

xX-Archangel-Xx

4.0 is live for all now, so, jusy wondering whats their status in pvp atm according to community.

Honestly i think mercs should be removed from the game, because powertechs do all better and faster except healing, which is a joke the same if you are dps :p.

Also, im trying ap these days, is ridicolous atm, imho,

Im also playing merc, rocket out is useless, so i think they should :

1) give 75% buff spped for 4 secs after u land.

2) if 1 can't happen, i'd say rocket out should hinder all ppl in 5 meters aoe for 4 secs, so we have the time to breathe a little.

For powertechs well i'd say to buff their burst, because lets be honest 26k cell burst is too low:(

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx

Merc needs a stealth move. And I shouldn't have to spend a utility point for the jump move so I can get 4 secs of cc immunity. That's BS. I should have 10 secs of immunity automatically. And shame shame shame on u for saying merc should be taken out of the game. In unranked pvp I do great and do way better than my melee jobs. Havent ranked yet. I hear that's another beast.

Make the 30% DR in stuns a passive, not a utility. Opens up so many possiblities in the heroic utility tier. Also make tracer missile give us 2 stacks of supercharged gas. Make smoke screen a passive and instead the utility should give us 2 charges of rocket out. With these changes dps merc might actually have a chance in ranked. Maybe. Edited by Owynyo

I see commandos biggest issue is the lack of real balance between melee and range classes,

swtor melee have extreme mobility and extreme damage cc immunties damage immunities they keep adding abilites with out sacrificing else where. A melee class should have reasonable damage with lots of up time or high damage with low uptime Currently melee of every class have it all there's no penalties and they buff sniper and sorc to counter the melee to stupid levels and forgot to buff commandos.

My suggestions

Med shot off the global c/d for all specs

Decoy baseline for all specs absorb all force and tech attacks for 10 seconds

The 2 new utilities need to be rolled into their respective abilities they are just bloating the utility tree no one is giving up

30% damage when stunned.

Edited by denpic

What's the deal with the Masterful tier utilities? I'm currently not using any. They're so useless.

- +2% defense : mitigated by every player's accuracy

- +20% healing with shield : useless, should be 100% because that's a 2min cooldown power.

- Reactive Shield damages enemies: Again, a short duration 2 min cooldown shield, useless

- No ammo cost for Field Aid/ Concussion Charge / Other : Maybe if you're going for some Concussion Charge based spec, otherwise useless. Ammo isn't really a problem when you die faster than you can run out.

- 30% reduced DoT damage on Field Aid : Rare that most damage done by DoT, and Field Aid has a long cooldown

- 15% defense when you use Supercharge Cells : Cells aren't built through normal combat like other classes, so your uptime on this is too bad to use. Plus most of it is mitigated by Player Accuracy.

- Increase Hold The Line by 4 seconds : 4 seconds of Snare protection isn't going to help often, ability has a long cooldown.

- No interrupt when Reactive shield is up : Yet another 2 min cooldown

Edited by DeltaGun

What's the deal with the Masterful tier utilities? I'm currently not using any. They're so useless.

- +2% defense : mitgated by every player's accuracy

- +20% healing with shield : useless, should be 100% because that's a 2min cooldown power.

- Reactive Shield damages enemies: Again, a short duration 2 min cooldown shield, useless

- No ammo cost for Field Aid/ Concussion Charge / Other : Maybe if you're going for some Concussion Charge based spec, otherwise useless. Ammo isn't really a problem when you die faster than you can run out.

- 30% reduced DoT damage on Field Aid : Rare that most damage done by DoT, and Field Aid has a long cooldown

- 15% defense when you use Supercharge Cells : Cells aren't built through normal combat like other classes, so your uptime on this is too bad to use. Plus most of it is mitigated by Player Accuracy.

- Increase Hold The Line by 4 seconds : 4 seconds of no CC isn't going to help often, ability has a long cooldown

- No interrupt when Reactive shield is up : Yet another 2 min cooldown

With most of those, ok, yeah, pretty useless.

However, I don't think you've actually looked at Field Aid and how it works with Suit FOE.

Field aid has a 12 second CD and Suit FOE works for 12 seconds. With the Alacrity that Arsenal/Gunnery gets this means the CD for Field Aid is actually shorter than it's duration. So, if someone really wanted to, they could keep it up indefinitely.

Secondly, every single spec in the game has a discipline that uses DoTs. Mercs/Mandos have AP, jugs/guardians have Focus/Rage and even Vigilance/Vengeance has some DoTs, etc, etc, etc.

Lastly, 4 extra seconds of HO is a pretty big utility. Especially now that it's CD got nerfed to 45 seconds. You don't have to use it, but HO is still, by far, our best kiting too.

I'd be much happier with merc if they undid the HO nerf, took rocket out off the GCD, and made it useable while rooted.

If they really wanted to help us, they'd also give rocket out a small built-in immunity, like operative roll.

However, I don't think you've actually looked at Field Aid and how it works with Suit FOE.

Field aid has a 12 second CD and Suit FOE works for 12 seconds. With the Alacrity that Arsenal/Gunnery gets this means the CD for Field Aid is actually shorter than it's duration. So, if someone really wanted to, they could keep it up indefinitely.

Hmm yeah, I definitely think it's the best in Masterful tier. And for some reason I was thinking that Field Aid has a larger cooldown. Will definitely consider using it it.

What would I swap it with, though? Heavy Trooper? I feel like there are 5 must-haves in Skillful Tier

Heavy Trooper

Tenacious Defense

Charged Barrier

Concussive Force

Sticky Mods

Lastly, 4 extra seconds of HO is a pretty big utility. Especially now that it's CD got nerfed to 45 seconds. You don't have to use it, but HO is still, by far, our best kiting too.

I would say our best kiting is our 100% uptime slows we can do now. The 4 extra seconds of Hold the Line is still going to get defeated by Leaps and Speedboosts, so I don't recommended putting stock in it.

Edited by DeltaGun

I see commandos biggest issue is the lack of real balance between melee and range classes,

swtor melee have extreme mobility and extreme damage cc immunties damage immunities they keep adding abilites with out sacrificing else where. A melee class should have reasonable damage with lots of up time or high damage with low uptime Currently melee of every class have it all there's no penalties and they buff sniper and sorc to counter the melee to stupid levels and forgot to buff commandos.

My suggestions

Med shot off the global c/d for all specs

Decoy baseline for all specs absorb all force and tech attacks for 10 seconds

The 2 new utilities need to be rolled into their respective abilities they are just bloating the utility tree no one is giving up

30% damage when stunned.

I agree.

Thread was just to confront the 2 spec Bhunters have, and ATM yheres no reason to have a merc, look atpt utilities ad merc ones, just LAWL

Are we talking about arenas or war zones? If it's arenas, yeah, you will never balanced for arenas. More than likely you will either be pathetically underpowered like you are right now or ludicrously OP like sorcs. Arenas need to be dropped from the game.

If it's war zones, I'm sorry but L2P. I don't even play my merc that often and I can typically get top medals on my team. Reconsider your key binds.

Are we talking about arenas or war zones? If it's arenas, yeah, you will never balanced for arenas. More than likely you will either be pathetically underpowered like you are right now or ludicrously OP like sorcs. Arenas need to be dropped from the game.

If it's war zones, I'm sorry but L2P. I don't even play my merc that often and I can typically get top medals on my team. Reconsider your key binds.

Ur funny, ever tried to play pt ? u dot even need keybindings :rak_01:

4.0 is live for all now, so, jusy wondering whats their status in pvp atm according to community.

Honestly i think mercs should be removed from the game, because powertechs do all better and faster except healing, which is a joke the same if you are dps :p.

Why are you even comparing ranged dps to melee? Powertechs have great burst, merc survability is trash and their dps is low if they are focused, I agree with you, but still you shouldn't compare them.

So in comparison to other rangeds:

-sorcs are immortal, they are really hard to kill if they are skilled

-snipers have great burst, they can put out some nasty dps if they have good support (I mean real dps, not multitarget dots)

-mercs... they are here just for electro net

Also, im trying ap these days, is ridicolous atm, imho,

Im also playing merc, rocket out is useless, so i think they should :

1) give 75% buff spped for 4 secs after u land.

2) if 1 can't happen, i'd say rocket out should hinder all ppl in 5 meters aoe for 4 secs, so we have the time to breathe a little.

For powertechs well i'd say to buff their burst, because lets be honest 26k cell burst is too low:(

Honestly in straight up burst arsenal has way more immediate burst. I have hit almost as hard as snipers on my heatseeker and railshot is now consistently critting for 15k. Some of my fillers (tracer and priming shot) I have hit for 9k and 10k respectively. I also play a Powertech a lot and I will be honest facing each other with some of the new utilities mercs have gotten I would say a merc has a great chance at winning. That hydraulic speed boost that made them OP doesnt work on ranged classes (30m range) and with their chaff flare you can absorb pretty much all of their initial opener minus rail shot. They share the same basic cooldowns except mercs can offheal and electronet, lol, put that on a running powertech and watch the fireworks.

So yeah, in a 1v1 I would go merc. PTs are strong against melee, but mercs are perfectly designed to take down PTs because of their new defensive abilities. Mercs were considered weak because of their constant getting ganked by 4 ppl in ranked. 1v1 against a PT you can do fine.

Edited by Flintfire

Honestly in straight up burst arsenal has way more immediate burst.

No it doesn't

AP burst is hugely higher than arsenal for any period of time you want to name.

I don't know what your experience is based on but I've seen hundreds of HM boss pulls with dps meters up since 4.0 launched and no class comes close to touching AP in burst damage.

Edited by Gyronamics