Warzone vendor

zoltarDO

Good question. Only thing I can think of is some credit exploit. It's kinda annoying to be out doing dailies, and you forgot to buy Warzone consumables on the fleet before leaving, and you're queuing for PvP.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

We saw this thread and thought you might be interested in the recent Community Q&A Blog for May 11, 2012. Gabe Amatangelo answers the question of why the vendors were removed.

ZeusThunder: Why were the vendors removed from Warzones? They seemed to be harmless and the community didn't appear to mind them.

Gabe: A number of players would queue up for a quick vendor/repair and leave the match to go back to whatever else they were doing. This impacted enough matches that the cons started to outweigh the pros. We plan on getting tech to disable the sell and repair functions on a vendor, at which time we’ll be able to justify turning them back on for those players who want to purchase consumables mid-match, etc.

Hope this helps! Have a great day!

Thank you for the updated response! If boggles my mind what some people would consider doing. I wouldn't even think to do something like that. It just goes to show me that despite how old I am I am still so darn naive:( No matter what the exploit might be, someone's gonna take advantage of it unfortunately. Thanks again for the update. Edited by zoltarDO

Wow me too...I never thought of that, thats just so wrong and yet something I just have learned to accept if people can exploit they will..oh wait..according to some who post on these forums no one expoits......................

Thank you for the updated response! If boggles my mind what some people would consider doing. I wouldn't even think to do something like that. It just goes to show me that despite how old I am I am still so darn naive:( No matter what the exploit might be, someone's gonna take advantage of it unfortunately. Thanks again for the update.

Personally I find their answer very unsatisfying. They've shackled me to the fleet because they haven't developed the "tech" to have a vendor that doesn't let you sell and repair...great.

They could have raised the comm limit to something sufficient, like 10k, so that it wouldn't be an issue, they didn't.

They could have implemented some kind of companion option to exchange comms, they didn't.

They could have placed pvp vendors at all daily/pvp hubs, they didn't.

They could have just left it alone until they had the "tech", they didn't.

But sadly, none of that actually matters, cause what I really want to know is exactly which server(s???) was this a problem on?

Even on Harbringer during primetime there was no way in hell it was faster to queue for a warzone to sell and repair than it was to just visit one of the regular vendors that are quite literally EVERYWHERE in this game.

I know people who joined WZ's for the buffs in warmup then left, however since legacy I haven't heard of people doing that as much.

As for just using the vendor.. . Suicide travel which saves tons of time questing anyway takes you straight to the med vendor where you can offload & repair... Don't really agree with BW on this one.

Edited by Maxil

Yeah it's kind of a bs reason. I mean besides the idiocy of anyone actually DOING that, the "solution" penalizes all pvp'ers to prevent an "issue" that what maybe one person in 100,000 does...

But you cant argue with their metrics...

I find it tremendously amusing that they disabled the vendor-ism of the npc's at the same time they launched the new wz, which HAS A WZ SUPPLY BOT right in it... only it's not usable. Left hand, meet right foot.

While the reason has some logic in it (don't know the frequency of that happening) the solution is very stupid. BW HQ brainstorm " Hey guys we have some costumers exploiting the in WZ vendor feature. How do we deal with them? - Screw all our costumers let's remove the feature".

And yet we have no penalty for leaving the WZ. Mind boggling.

My post will probably be removed but they are obviously lying. As others have pointed out there are vendors everywhere in this game. If your bags get too laden you just use your companion to sell all junk as well, and that will take less time than loading into a wz and then loading back onto the map you are playing.

I've played hundreds of wz matches and I don't think I've ever seen someone load into a wz, walk to the vendor, and then drop out.

I see far more people quit when they see low levels or low HP totals on their team, or when they start losing a WZ or the numbers are uneven. Yet those things were not addressed at all.

When in this game do you even need repairs? When you die? Well you'd need to die several times, and if that happens your spawn in place timer would get really high, so you'd respawn at a med center. Where there is a vendor. Not to mention the med centers are all over the place so frequently it actually saves time to die on purpose to get out of an area.

But who even dies in this game without it being intentional? When you are leveling up regularly the game is easy. If you're at level 50 you're on the fleet anyway or you're doing group content, so you're not going to jump into a wz during the group content you're doing.

• 8 months later...
Gabe: A number of players would queue up for a quick vendor/repair and leave the match to go back to whatever else they were doing. This impacted enough matches that the cons started to outweigh the pros. We plan on getting tech to disable the sell and repair functions on a vendor, at which time we’ll be able to justify turning them back on for those players who want to purchase consumables mid-match, etc.

Yep and here we are, 8 months later. They're still having trouble with that tech apparently.

I find it tremendously amusing that they disabled the vendor-ism of the npc's at the same time they launched the new wz, which HAS A WZ SUPPLY BOT right in it... only it's not usable. Left hand, meet right foot.

Interestingly the new wz for 1.6 does not appear to have a vendor. Almost as if they have no intention of ever fixing them.....but nah, couldn't be that.