Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Self Destruct Penalty

Zaxem
12.10.2013 , 03:02 PM | #11
only time i ever do it on purpose is when i am out of missiles i don't care if i'm full health i'll still do it just to have a new load of missiles
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Kurzaa
12.10.2013 , 03:06 PM | #12
How exactly do you know they self-destructed on purpose? Trying to escape from you they may have just triggered the wrong ability at the right time to go splat.

You also have to realize that you are likely the better pilot, otherwise they would be chasing you into an asteroid rather than the other way around.

And the only way you could add a penalty without punishing newb players would be to simply remove the mechanic, thus removing a certain level of skill needed to fly.

Foambreaker
12.10.2013 , 03:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Get over it. It's a non-issue. Wining the match isn't all about your kill stats.
^ this

Layno_Maul
12.10.2013 , 03:10 PM | #14
[QUOTE=Beowulfxx;7016400]I've played over 100 matches since GSF came out and I am a little disturbed by the antics of some players refusing to let another have the kill and instead they purposely run into a roid or wall when the jig is up. I have seen some players do this every time their hull is smoking or they are out matched.

I honestly feel that in any given match, the players should receive ONE self destruct for poor piloting and after that a requisition penalty come into play for each self destruct after...

-_- What is wrong with this community?! 90% of the time it's not even there fault. The game isn't even ABOUT kills!

People who just focus on kills in GSF have no brains. STOP BLAMING PEOPLE WHEN IT'S NOT THERE FAULT

Andurian
12.10.2013 , 03:11 PM | #15
I really don't care if they do it. If I'm winning a fight to the point that their either so flustered they mash spacebar and decorate the side of a asteroid or because they feel they will not win and would rather not give me the kill.

Either way I just defended the point and get to keep sucking sweet sweet defender points off it.

At the very least you should get an assist if they smack into something after you did dmg to them. (Not sure if you do or not as it's hard to track them.)

edit: I agree with the above, there should be no penalty for it. It would just negatively affect newer players and people that do it on purpose would continue. As was said it's not about stats it's about winning.
Survivor of; EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EVE, WAR, EQ2, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, StarTrek.
CE

Foambreaker
12.10.2013 , 03:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Beowulfxx View Post
It's poor sportsmanship. Plain and simple. If someone spends the time fighting another only to have the other take the easy way out it's just poor behavior.
Thank you for your insightful and compelling comment.

None of them hit barrel roll when facing a solid object.
None of them fled is panic and just plain crashed.
None of them hit the 90 degree escape without looking down.
None of the just plain suck at flying because GSF has been out only a week.

Nope, they all did it to spite you personally

Layno_Maul
12.10.2013 , 03:14 PM | #17
Get over it. It's a non-issue. Wining the match isn't all about your kill stats.
This^

Layno_Maul
12.10.2013 , 03:18 PM | #18
Everyone is a noob at this, it only came out a week ago

Denerio
12.10.2013 , 03:19 PM | #19
^ this

Zardac_the_Great
12.10.2013 , 03:36 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
None of them hit barrel roll when facing a solid object.
None of them fled is panic and just plain crashed.
None of them hit the 90 degree escape without looking down.
None of the just plain suck at flying because GSF has been out only a week.

Nope, they all did it to spite you personally

HA HA HA!

That is funny.