tank classes

ixiss

so I posted this over in general discussion, but it immediately got buried because people were complaining they didn't get in today (boohoo, amiright?)

what I wanted to know is, what are the viable tank classes? I know about the Sith warrior juggernaut, but wanted to know what other classes are supposed to make comparable tanks. While I might only be interested in dark side (as that is the side my guild is choosing) it might be a good idea to list them all on here as others might be interested too.

ideas?

Ixiss

The following classes have tank specs:

Jedi Knight: Guardian

Jedi Consular: Shadow

Trooper: Vanguard

Sith Warrior: Juggernaut

Sith Inquisitor: Assassin

Bounty Hunter: Powertech

I'm hoping I got those all correct. The Shadow and Assassin are Cloth classes, but they can still tank as well as the others, they just start a little slower in my opinion. They just rely more on powers to do it, rather then raw armor. All the others wear heavy armor.

The following classes have tank specs:

Jedi Knight: Guardian

Jedi Consular: Shadow

Trooper: Vanguard

Sith Warrior: Juggernaut

Sith Inquisitor: Assassin

Bounty Hunter: Powertech

I'm hoping I got those all correct. The Shadow and Assassin are Cloth classes, but they can still tank as well as the others, they just start a little slower in my opinion. They just rely more on powers to do it, rather then raw armor. All the others wear heavy armor.

You are correct. And the Assassin/Shadow do get a 300% armor bonus to make up for the light armor.