STS World PVP - Hoth - Accounts threatened by GM

kiroshei

The OP knows the GM cannot respond to his claims. Its only to rile people up.

Why can't the GM respond? There is no privacy clause here. No actions were taken. This was all done openly in /say in front of multiple players on both factions. They can't say "oh sorry we can't talk about this matter". They will talk about the matter. Whether you agree or not The Fatman is the last bastion of pure pvp in this game. Hosting the best of the best in pvp. Being on some dead server thinking youre good fighting against the same people all the time doesnt make you good. Being on the top of The Fatman makes you good. This is it. This is our pvp stand. This is where we stand up and say hell no to this company when they do these things. They need to clarify these rules that even you seem confused on to prevent these things from happening. This quite simply SHOULD NOT have happened to us for what we were doing at the time we were doing it.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this makes me feel feel like rolling on a PVP server just so I can be banned for PVP ing in a PVP area on a PVP server.

someone here ahs been digging a very deep hole for themself to come out of.

now, will it be salt of sugar pop corn...

Maybe (just maybe) he is telling the truth but what he is doing is still against the rules. Why would a GM pick on them knowing that he could be fired over it? I havent seen anyone from Bioware say this type of thing is acceptable. I do know that no matter what the rules state you MUST follow direction of the GM staff at all times. So not leaving when being told is also a violation. You can argue your case via emails and get clarificiation. Bringing it to the forums is simply bad form. The OP knows the GM cannot respond to his claims. Its only to rile people up.

People should be riled up. There's obviously a very general belief by players on PvP servers that open world PvP (with all it entails including camping and griefing) is ok on PvP servers. If BioWare supports a policy that clearly contradicts this viewpoint, then the players should be made aware of it. I'm not saying they do because we're still waiting on a response here from someone at BioWare. But players, especially players frequenting a PvP forum, should be explicitly aware of actions taken by GMs against any type of PvP activity -- and BW should know what is going on and address it publicly for their customers. It's no different than someone writing a letter to a news organization or blogging about bad customer service from any other business. Yes, some people here are just raging immaturely, but this is also an opportunity for customers to express concerns and get a response from the company they are paying.

Cool story, bro.

It really is. That GM is a douche. I'm not a fan of such pvp encounters, but it's part of a PvP server. Those people who re-rolled on fatman and are whining should ****.

Edited by lpsmash

Why can't the GM respond?

They cannot discuss any actions they might take against your account in a public forum such as this. There are ways to deal with this type of thing. You chose the wrong way.

People should be riled up. There's obviously a very general belief by players on PvP servers that open world PvP (with all it entails including camping and griefing) is ok on PvP servers. If BioWare supports a policy that clearly contradicts this viewpoint, then the players should be made aware of it. I'm not saying they do because we're still waiting on a response here from someone at BioWare. But players, especially players frequenting a PvP forum, should be explicitly aware of actions taken by GMs against any type of PvP activity -- and BW should know what is going on and address it publicly for their customers. It's no different than someone writing a letter to a news organization or blogging about bad customer service from any other business. Yes, some people here are just raging immaturely, but this is also an opportunity for customers to express concerns and get a response from the company they are paying.

This has happened a grand total of one time. Ask yourself why if this is a policy it only happened this one time. Well one time we know of anyways. Youd think we would have heard of it if it happened before. Maybe it didnt go down exactly like he said. Who knows. Thats why you handle these things like adults instead of on the forums.

They cannot discuss any actions they might take against your account in a public forum such as this. There are ways to deal with this type of thing. You chose the wrong way.

Once again for you sir. There was no action taken. Just threats. They can't discuss actions but they can certainly discuss these "threats" lol.

This has happened a grand total of one time. Ask yourself why if this is a policy it only happened this one time. Well one time we know of anyways. Youd think we would have heard of it if it happened before. Maybe it didnt go down exactly like he said. Who knows. Thats why you handle these things like adults instead of on the forums.

That sir is a GREAT question Leggomy. We have asked ourselves the same thing. With that question and the fact the GM seemed angry when questioned our final assumption is that he was one of the lowbies that got caught in the crossfire. Probably trying to pass in a class quest and couldn't. Does that warrant his actions? Hell no.

Edited by kiroshei

Maybe (just maybe) he is telling the truth but what he is doing is still against the rules. Why would a GM pick on them knowing that he could be fired over it? I havent seen anyone from Bioware say this type of thing is acceptable. I do know that no matter what the rules state you MUST follow direction of the GM staff at all times. So not leaving when being told is also a violation. You can argue your case via emails and get clarificiation. Bringing it to the forums is simply bad form. The OP knows the GM cannot respond to his claims. Its only to rile people up.

Prove to us all that the OP and the group were breaking the rules....

- State what they were doing in your mind that broke the rules....

- Where did the OP call the GM out to respond, I believe it was requested that BW resond with clarification of what gives and not just by the OP, many others as well, including me ....

- What is the use of a game forum if you dont brings topics like this to the forum to discuss and impart information to others....

You can argue your view all day long but you simply do n ot know the facts.. I am not saying its ok to camp on a lowbie base spawn point and gank every person that logs in .. but neither is the OP.

If it turns out to be BS then sure ban him and ban the grp for firstly doing it and then fabricating a lie for attention on here... but you and I DO NOT KNOW THIS and all YOU are doing is applying the rules to what YOU think has happened... that is an entierly different application of the rules to suit your own ideals.

However my view is, rightly or wrongly... a PvP server is not to be rolled on without first understanding that the rules are harsher and from the first moment you land on your home planet you effectively have a target on your back!

Whether or not there are idiots that like to abuse their level and powers/skills... that is for the game developers to instigate a solution by way of design... in SWTOR there are no PvP objectives outside of a 8v8 Wz, or maybe the train wreck Illum eventually, maybe.... so the idea of a PvP server is for players to drive the faction activity.. otherwise why would you separate the server the way they have....

Just because you feel it unfair doesn't mean it is unfair unless they are camped on a spawn point or exploiting a respawn NPC or chest etc etc.... but that's simply not what the OP has said.. so until otherwise proven your point in MOOT!

As for ingame supporet, from my experience they dont even appear to read tickets just hit automatic reply to a word that came up in a doscument scan.... and even now the CS system is broke as it contiunally shows almsot every ticket live as soon as you log in or change instance... I think some GM was either rolling in the grp that got spanked or didnt look at the circumstances of a surrounding a ticket properly, didnt judge based on facts and instead went on a power trip... my view but its purely just a guess....

Edited by Bloodstealer

Once again for you sir. There was no action taken. Just threats. They can't discuss actions but they can certainly discuss these "threats" lol.

They can certainly tell you what their response will be to continuing the action they are asking you to stop. Answering questions about policy, though, is right out. Companies have to be tight lipped outside of controlled conversations, or things that someone says will inevitably be misquoted or accidentally contain misinformation.

It would be nice to get a statement from Bioware... But the way to do that is through customer service, not a post on the pvp forums. Just to be clear; The OP has sent a request to Bioware for clarification on this?

Actually, a public forum seems like EXACTLY the place to handle this. You're viewing the forums as innately juvenile, but this isn't 4chan or something. There is the possibility for mature and meaningful conversation here (wilted though it may be by a few jerks whose posts will be removed in the long-run). No action was taken (so no privacy issue) and this wasn't some "waaaah why me?" thread. It was a statement regarding what was said by a GM in game to raise a question of whether this was BW policy or not. One time is all it takes if BW defends it and indicates that they do not want any base-camping of any kind, regardless of where the med center may be.

OP seems to have handled this like an adult, by raising a question and looking for answers on the official forums. He even posted it in the relevant sub-forum and didn't fill the subject line with all caps or a thousand exclamation points. He placed the ball in BW's proverbial court, it's now up to them to provide additional information and explain the actions of their in-game representative. Once again, no different from someone receiving bad service at a restaurant and blogging about it to warn others -- except the customer is able to use the "restaurant''s own site to more easily reach the other customers (community).

They can certainly tell you what their response will be to continuing the action they are asking you to stop. Answering questions about policy, though, is right out. Companies have to be tight lipped outside of controlled conversations, or things that someone says will inevitably be misquoted or accidentally contain misinformation.

It would be nice to get a statement from Bioware... But the way to do that is through customer service, not a post on the pvp forums. Just to be clear; The OP has sent a request to Bioware for clarification on this?

A customer service ticket was made right after it happened. To quote customer service through a guild member they stated that this type of pvp activiity, even in the base, was perfectly acceptable and that the GM was in the wrong. They said they had to get clarification on it and escalated it all. Reason for this is that most people dont realize that the CS team and the TOS team are two seperate entities and the CS team has no contact with the TOS team. TOS team pretty well ignores CS requests. TOS team is pretty much the marshal law of swtor rules and make up their own rules as they see fit through the TOS. Which is why this will take CS, TOS, Development and a PR rep to finally answer.

If you want to test the CS rep and TOS team seperation go ahead and call CS toll free. Ask them to transfer you to the TOS department so you can discuss some things. The TOS team doesn't even have a phone number. They follow a dispute email that they arent even forced to respond to.

Before Stephen Reid got laid off I emailed the community managers at SWTOR a nice long well thought out post due to this discrepancy between the TOS and CS teams. I never got a reply back and Reid got laid off shortly after the email was sent to him. So now we get to find out whats really going on here.

Edited by kiroshei

This is what PvE only players don't understand... Open world PvP such as described above is part of the game on PvP Servers. It's usually not meant to be mean either or to keep a person from experiencing the game but to bring about a retaliation by the opposing side.

Your first point is dead on. Many people roll on PvP servers because it's more exciting to have to constantly pan your camera while you quest. Your second point is pretty inaccurate. While the event mentioned in the OP did result in a sizeable force of 50s coming out to move the Imps away (I'm assuming if 20 republics showed up and failed that there had to be quite a few more Imps), the behaviour that started everything (camping a lowbie base) is almost always done to 'grief' lowbies. The 'we want to promote pvp by getting high levels to come out' excuse is just that... an excuse.

That said, if you roll on a PvP server then you WILL get camped by higher level players at some point. That's what's nice about this game pretty much giving you two destinations for each stage of your class quests. If you can't get out of the base on Hoth, then go somewhere else. The people who file a ticket for this sort of thing on a PvP server are the same ones who are convinced that high level players don't want new 50s to have equal gear because we're afraid of competition...

As for the meat of the OP... yeah I think I would've let the GM have it. Temporary bans in MMO's are more than worth tearing into some pasty skin GM who is drunk with imagined power.

Edited by Sporticus

Once my guild camped at Ilum's Rep Base, crushed the PVE guards and took over the place xD If people dont' want to get ganked while lvling they should join a PvE server, what's the difference if we're not allowed to gank people in a PvP server ? Personally I'm against ganking lowbies, and I find it boring, but against lvl 50s everything goes!! Bad move on the BW GM IMO.

For the third time now pvp does not mean grief. You can pvp away from bases. Why do you think they wanted to take over the base in the first place? I mean come on it doesnt take a genius to figure this stuff out.

If it's a PvP server and it's red then it's dead.

If the devs didn't want PvP there they could change that by taking away the red enemies (making it a safe area). If they choose not to then they support PvP in that area.

While the event mentioned in the OP did result in a sizeable force of 50s coming out to move the Imps away (I'm assuming if 20 republics showed up and failed that there had to be quite a few more Imps), the behaviour that started everything (camping a lowbie base) is almost always done to 'grief' lowbies.

We were just 6 when the 20 repubs came. They whiped us. We regrouped an were back to the Hoth base with 12 within 5-10 minutes. As for the wanting to grief lowbies claim if you knew who STS were we are not afraid of any lvl 50 pvp whether it be in world or in warzone. Any guild on the fatman will agree that we werent there to grief. We were there to cause some exciting action between two factions. I know though that this is going to be the idea upon reading the thread. Oh they just wanted to cause lvl 38's trouble! lol. Nah. We are there to specifically get certain guilds to gather and fight.

Truly i never had a better star warsish feel then fights like these. Take away the carrot on the stick and free credits and its more real and alive then any warzone feels.

Once my guild camped at Ilum's Rep Base, crushed the PVE guards and took over the place xD If people dont' want to get ganked while lvling they should join a PvE server, what's the difference if we're not allowed to gank people in a PvP server ? Personally I'm against ganking lowbies, and I find it boring, but against lvl 50s everything goes!! Bad move on the BW GM IMO.

Because when you did it they had no way out and no way to regroup and put up a solid fight against you. Thats why youre way was dumb and needed to be fixed.

Edited by kiroshei

bioware obviously dosent know how to play an mmo,let alone make one....camping the opposing factions towns/cities in WoW was half the fun in that game..another reason why this game is a fail

O.k. this is to all of the people that keep saying "If you were impeding their fun"

If you are on a PVP server you are there for PVP. PVP by nature has no set schedule or approved hours. PVP can happen at any time anywhere and is to be expected. If you are one of those players that "Just wants to quest" there are any number of PVE servers you can play on and only PVP when you chose via the "Queue for PVP" option.

World PVP is always way more fun than arena style PVP because of the unpredictable nature of open world its self. No Huttball no bases to cap just you and them lighting each other up. Real PVP players only PVE so they can get better gear and abilities to PVP with.

On a PVP server it is assumed that you can and will be attacked anywhere at any time and that is part of the fun. If you feel that PVP should only happen when its ok with everyone then as I stated above please go to a PVE server where you always have the choice of when and where you will be involved in PVP or if you even have to.

As to that GM.. Honestly I feel that After Bioware has just posted that they feel that PVP is very important that they have really humped the bunk. Nothing gets a PVP community more bent than being told they cannot PVP on a PVP server. If Bioware wants a few area's to be off limits then all they have to do is put in Cannon's of doom like in that failure they call Ilum.

Edited by laiboch

For what it's worth, I intend to continue to participate in such raids. My server has a large-scale world RP-PvP event planned next month, and we are expecting upwards of 200+ people participating in base raids on two planets. If the GMs decide to ban me for such actions, I simply will not return when the ban has expired; In this case the status of my account is literally in their hands. Edited by HeavensAgent

Not sure if this has been asked already ...

Do you have more screenshots?

Is there a reason there is a glitch in the background image? (The same building twice - looks like the same image is copied into the screenshot 2 times - I doubt that is a normal background in the game?)

Just asking for clarification ...

Not sure if this has been asked already ...

Do you have more screenshots?

Is there a reason there is a glitch in the background image? (The same building twice - looks like the same image is copied into the screenshot 2 times - I doubt that is a normal background in the game?)

Just asking for clarification ...

Its because i had to scroll up in chat and cut out the conversation in between the ops "*** is going on" chat. That is the exact chat in /say though. You just dont get to see our ops chat, whispers and notifications.

Edited by kiroshei