sentinals and marauders op as it is and still get a buff

dinasty

am i the only one that is annoyed with sent and mar gettin buffed in 1.2 i feel they really dont need it. there hard to kill as it is with there 99% reduced dmg and there bleeds tick for so much dmg and not forgettin there shield that dodges attacks ..... even if they get low on health they stay alive cause of the 99% dmg reduction am i the only one that thinks a new instead of a buff is in order

oh and this thread really isnt for a sentinal and marauder to answer cause i know they will defend there class and say how they deserve to be op and bla bla bla

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you actually played one you would notice they are nerfing the Watchmen tree(which we all play) and buffing combat and focus trees. Combat and focus under perform compared to watchmen.

I myself cant wait to get out of watchmen, sentinels should not be a DoTing class IMO.

Meh, most of these 'buffs' are to the two trees that are under represented in the game. Although, the two skills being replaced as no cost and off gcd is pretty helpful, especially the interrupt at 6s spec'd. Edited by Lexster

am i the only one that is annoyed with sent and mar gettin buffed in 1.2 i feel they really dont need it. there hard to kill as it is with there 99% reduced dmg and there bleeds tick for so much dmg and not forgettin there shield that dodges attacks ..... even if they get low on health they stay alive cause of the 99% dmg reduction am i the only one that thinks a new instead of a buff is in order

oh and this thread really isnt for a sentinal and marauder to answer cause i know they will defend there class and say how they deserve to be op and bla bla bla

The spec you're describing annihilation, didn't get buffed, just the others were brought up to be more in line with annihilation. All in all annihilation got a small nerf.

Edited by Jaidn

The spec you're describing annihilation, didn't get buffed, just the others were brought up to be more in line with annihilation. All in all annihilation got a small nerf.

Exactly, too many terrible players couldn't handle playing the relatively difficult annihilation spec so Bioware buffed the ever living crap out of the face roll easy rage/focus trees so even those terrible muras/sents can rip you apart. . . yay for balance :rolleyes:

If you actually played one you would notice they are nerfing the Watchmen tree(which we all play) and buffing combat and focus trees. Combat and focus under perform compared to watchmen.

I myself cant wait to get out of watchmen, sentinels should not be a DoTing class IMO.

I'm not sure how you view the 1.2 changes to Sentinel as a nerf to Watchman because nothing DMG wise was changed to the Watchman tree as far as notes go.

In my opinion even after 1.2 Watchman will still be better then Combat and Focus in both PvE and PvP.

don't think that every buff is for the marauder overall.... annhilation has been nerfed

Annhilation>>>>Rage and Carnage

now is more fair and it's not a big loss to play carnage, i can't understand why ppl complain about this buff it's not like we have 31/31/31 build like ppl that said that sorc has Amazing heals amazing dmg and a lot of cc and root on overload, those people saw different sorc and they not the same, again there is no 31/31/31 build, play and see it by yourself

I'm not sure how you view the 1.2 changes to Sentinel as a nerf to Watchman because nothing DMG wise was changed to the Watchman tree as far as notes go.

In my opinion even after 1.2 Watchman will still be better then Combat and Focus in both PvE and PvP.

i see the -50% of dmg reduction on phantom ad a huge loss

Edited by Rohns

Anyway i would like to remind how some people whine about marauder are OP while they are the same class that was on the game launch just a nerf happened to annhilation (fix but is still a nerf) and everyone was whining about marauders being completly useless after the nerf and now they are OP but still no changes since then... and annhilation is getting nerfed again so i can't see the buff if not on the other 2 trees that were underpower if compared to annhilation

i see the -50% of dmg reduction on phantom ad a huge loss

My Sentinel doesn't have that talent as I went with the reduced CD on Pacify & Force Kick, so I view that as a buff because I get yet another way to avoid/reduce DMG in PvP.

That talent is far more viable in my opinion as it allows you to get more interrupts off in both PvP and PvE in a shorter window rather then not taking any DMG for a short duration while in Force Camo. Don't forget that Pacify which reduces all Accuracy to 10% for 6s and thanks to 1.2 is off the GCD and is also free now along with Force Kick.

On the PvP DMG reduction/avoidance side of things hit any player with a Pacify on a shorter CD while interrupting w/e they're doing as Watchman, with your 2 interrupts that work on bosses and 3 on players, and you avoid about the same DMG that Phantom would've given you however you're still getting attacks off.

*Note*

All of this next bit is based on 1v1 PvP, obviously it won't work that way in anything beyond that but as any pure MDPS knows in PvP if you get focused your as good as dead anyway.

If you don't follow still Watchman's PvP ability Pacify is on a 45s talented CD for a duration of 6s Force Camo is on a non talented 45s CD for 4s. That's a 6s window where you can keep attacking and further decrease their HP while avoiding 90%, because of Pacify, of the attacks they try rather then simply not taking DMG for 4s. Zen will heal you as well as your group for X amount while your burns are going don't forget about heals from when burns crit also, you have Force Leap on a 12s CD, Force Kick on a 6s CD and Force Stasis on a 1min CD which are more ways to avoid incoming DMG against casters.

You roughly have far more ways to avoid DMG, or heal yourself through it, as Watchman then any another spec in both Live and 1.2. All in all I view that as a buff to Sentinel/Marauder across the board, however the Watchman/Annihilation tree will still be the main one people will use in 1.2 I believe.

On a side note ever fight a Tracer/Grav spamming fool on Live as a Sent/Mara? Interrupt those casts and they panic for about 4s leaving you 2 more interrupts to toy with them till the next Force Kick allowing you repeat the process.

*Note*

This is based off info I have from Live and the 1.2 notes, so if numbers are off then I'm sorry.

Edited by Quikfox

All Im taknig away from this is that DPS in general is way overpowered compared to a healer that has to deal with it in PVP, yet healing is getting nerfed to balance PVE end game.

Nothing about this patch makes sense to me only that in Biowares attempt to reel in Hybrid healing damange specs they are making pure healing classes worse. Were they really needed help to compete at the highest levels of end game PvP.

Yes you are getting destroyed by some marauders, as you will by some other classes too.

And sure the 99% dmg reduct can be annoying, but just play smart and counter it.... dont keep on hitting on the guy, and preferably cc him BEFORE he gets it off because we dont use it before below 4k health, you can do more than 4k in a cc. Yeah, i will live forever vs 4people on me will all my cd's and adrenals.and med pack, but thats not every marauder who can do it and not on every fight.

All in all, yes, marauders can feel infestructable, but play better and you'll see there are many ways to counter them. Im pretty sure those who whine about mara are those who just randomly knockback on cd or or back pedal when they see you approach.

And about the "buffs", there are 2 small buffs that actually affect marauders, disruption and obfuscate and those just became what they should have been (although the better disruption coming at same time as healers nerf might make it feel op really). And now ahnnilatiin (what you are referring to when you talk about mara) doesnt have the improved predatation which was fabulous and the 100% dmg reduc (although i didnt pick it up for lack of points). Which brings me to another thing... we DO have to sacrifice talents.

It's clear they are balancing classes on metrics alone, they are so many bad Marauders and Sentinels out there they are under performing as a group.

yes indeed they are balancing based upon metrics and i applaud them for doing balance that way. if you actually knew anything about the changes you would know that they are not buffing the one tree that all Mara/sent are playing but balancing such that the other much less played trees are again viable in the mix.

at no time should a developer listen purely to the wine and cheese that people like yourself spew on the forums. They should look at a mix of things but rely upon their own internal data for balance with whats working and whats not working in game.

so this is for all those that keep on complaining Mara/sent are getting a buff, play one and learn whats not working and works working well. Than come here and offer your opinions. Additionally stop saying there are a ton of bad Mara/sent out there playing cause honestly you just don't know what your talking about.

how are they nerfing watchman, we get cautorize with 50% speed reduction instead of 30. valor can now be used at tier 1, master strike is also increased by tons of damage. they just made us more op dude not nerfing.

again your wrong masterstrike was increased, and if your a sentinel who doesn't use master strike in your rotation your a noob and need to learn how to combine it with your rotation. master strike if im not mistaken if your built into it, is giving you a 23% bonus damage. other words i can take someones hp down to nearly half of what their full hp is. also if your going to argue that masterstrike isnt worth it because you cant get it off then learn to play your class again. this isnt only to you but to all the sentinels. you all who are saying sentinels got a small debuff is making me laugh. they got a buff, but combat and focus got the most.

yes indeed they are balancing based upon metrics and i applaud them for doing balance that way. if you actually knew anything about the changes you would know that they are not buffing the one tree that all Mara/sent are playing but balancing such that the other much less played trees are again viable in the mix.

at no time should a developer listen purely to the wine and cheese that people like yourself spew on the forums. They should look at a mix of things but rely upon their own internal data for balance with whats working and whats not working in game.

so this is for all those that keep on complaining Mara/sent are getting a buff, play one and learn whats not working and works working well. Than come here and offer your opinions. Additionally stop saying there are a ton of bad Mara/sent out there playing cause honestly you just don't know what your talking about.

No, there are a lot of bad Mara/sents out there, just from playing alone you should realise this. I honestly can't understand why they are buffing the class as it's easily the best pvp class at the moment. Get read for the new FOTM.

I play a sentinel btw.

There are a lot of bad marauder's out there which is causing the buff's IMO. The problem now though is the complete and total OP crap. Marauder leaps on you (root) force choke's (stun) builds 4 stacks up smashes for 11K, then start's ravage (stun) which in total is about 8-10K. That is a total decimation of any class pretty much. If your 2m CD is not up your toast cause you can't interupt ravage and can't move out of smash due to root. Granted this is an extreme circumstance and number's maybe inflated a bit but come on the fact remains that your target could do absolutely nothing to prevent 90% of his health gone in 4gcd's.

PVE I think they needed a buff due to 2 tree's being pretty much crap I give you that, but BW has created one huge OP killing machine without any weaknesses. And people thought shadow/darkness was OP haven't seen nothin yet. If shadow/darkness defenses worked in PVP you probably would see the spec used for it's intended purpose instead of pure DPS.

again your wrong masterstrike was increased, and if your a sentinel who doesn't use master strike in your rotation your a noob and need to learn how to combine it with your rotation. master strike if im not mistaken if your built into it, is giving you a 23% bonus damage. other words i can take someones hp down to nearly half of what their full hp is. also if your going to argue that masterstrike isnt worth it because you cant get it off then learn to play your class again. this isnt only to you but to all the sentinels. you all who are saying sentinels got a small debuff is making me laugh. they got a buff, but combat and focus got the most.

You're attacking me why? I never once said that the 1.2 changes were a nerf to Watchman, I said I don't see why these people view the 1.2 Watchman changes as nerfs.

I also never said anything about Master Strike DMG or using it or not, so looks like you're quoting and attacking the wrong person my friend.

Edited by Quikfox