Introducing Weapon Tunings

TaitWatson

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks rather cool for now, at least the art work and previews do on the page you linked. Can't wait to hear more about them.

Q: Judging by the page, this is purely cosmetic? No stat impacts right?

Q: Will we be able to mod existing weapons for this too? I'm quite attached to certain weapons I use right now but I'd not mind adding these new effects.

Edited by JennyFlynn

A Weapon Tuning is an exciting new way to customize your weaponry, creating a brilliant visual flair on the weapon itself!

Read More

So is this going to be unique to newly-released weapons, or reverse-applied to existing weapons?

Are all the effects going to be in Cartel Market RNG packs exclusively?

If you're taking feedback, I'd highly recommend adding a way to add a Tuning Slot to existing weapons similar to the way an Augment Slot can be added.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

So is this going to be unique to newly-released weapons, or reverse-applied to existing weapons?

If you're taking feedback, I'd highly recommend adding a way to add a Tuning Slot to existing weapons similar to the way an Augment Slot can be added.

Agreed, i really dont want to be stuck putting effects on the ridiculous pringles cans you guys keep making...

I would hope that there is actually one of these Tuning options that lets us REMOVE certain effects on weapons from the Cartel Market. That would at last make the Black Nebula Blaster useful for me, if it didn't have all these stupid light-up gimmicks.

Neat!

I'm glad that they are re-usable! I, too, am curious about the color. I assume it is determined by the color crystal, but it would be nice to get confirmation of this.

I do wish that the slot could somehow be added to existing weapons. I like what I have on most characters so I probably wouldn't give up my current weapons to get this effect.

It seems that it's reverse applied but that's admittedly me drawing conclusions from the images shown. A lot of those weapons shown are older, such as the Star Forged pistols and the Plasma Core Rifle, plus the more recent Tempted Apprentice lightsaber which would still predate this addition. They also make this comment "Weapons that have a Tuning Slot come from many different sources including the Cartel Market, PvP, Operations, Reputation Vendors, Flashpoints, Heroics Missions, and Crafting Recipes." so I assume some of those would include older weapons.

I hope there will be avenues to get effects other than the Cartel Market, though. Depending on the rarity, making them exclusive to the Cartel Market indefinitely could make it hard to get some of them which would be unfortunate.

fml.

I thought this would be something cool like being able to:

1) Have different weapon skins in the same way armour skins work over equipped gear.

or

2) Equip or equip skin of other weapon variants available which can realistically be used e.g. rifles for commandos, single sabre on assassin.

But this is adding sparkles as a weapon mod :(

fml.

1) Have different weapon skins in the same way armour skins work over equipped gear.

or

2) Equip or equip skin of other weapon variants available which can realistically be used e.g. rifles for commandos, single sabre on assassin.

Yeah, I'll give a try and see how it does, but was really hoping for a weapong designer since I tend to use legacy weapons for my mirror classes. Can still bling a legacy weapon possibly - we'll see. but much like outfit designer got me using cartel outfits to stamp over legacy gear, a weapons one may have had me buying cartel weapons to stamp on my legacy one

Will effects stack?

I.e., will my Gree lightsaber retain its effect in addition to displaying a new Tuning?

Edit: Realized that my Gree saber probably won't have a tuning slot anyway. But I imagine future weapons will be made available that have a unique effect, so the question still applies to them.

Edited by October

A Weapon Tuning is an exciting new way to customize your weaponry, creating a brilliant visual flair on the weapon itself!

Read More

Will you guys ever add weapons to costume designer, the combination of both could be a great feature.

Edited by znihilist

My concern is in the first paragraph.

"If you want to equip a Weapon Tuning the first thing you’ll need is a weapon with an available Tuning Slot."

This to me implies there will be weapons that don't have tuning slots. I hope all orange or purple weapons have a slot.. but this statement makes it look like not all.

My concern is in the first paragraph.

"If you want to equip a Weapon Tuning the first thing you’ll need is a weapon with an available Tuning Slot."

This to me implies there will be weapons that don't have tuning slots. I hope all orange or purple weapons have a slot.. but this statement makes it look like not all.

That's what I was wondering, as well.

IMO, it needs to be retroactively added, or a cheaply available mod slot that can be added in the way that an Augment slot can be added.

fml.

1) have different weapon skins in the same way armour skins work over equipped gear.

Or

2) equip or equip skin of other weapon variants available which can realistically be used e.g. Rifles for commandos, single sabre on assassin.

sparkles!!!

Sadly, I wish it were for cosmetic weapons too...they're long overdue imo.

Eh. On my main, I have no intention of swapping out my current saber, especially since it's not obtainable in game anymore, so unless these are retroactively added to previous oranges and purples (including the old 1.X named raid tier weapons), then I won't be pursuing this.

On my alts...to be honest I simply don't care enough to pursue it.

Still though, I am glad to see some more weapon customization being added to the game. Even though chances are slim that I will ever use it, I have no doubt that there are plenty of players out there who are excited about this.