If I were in lead of game balancing and played a Shadow/Sin I would...

Panzerfire

I) Make Saber Reflect have a 10% chance of reflecting damage to a random ally, because no jedi/sith can always be perfect and friendly fire happens.

II) Remove charges from Dark Ward and just make it a buff, perhaps add 10% shield because I like shield and I'm sure it will balance itself out.

III) Test content only with Shadows/Sins because that's cool and stuff, if they can do it everyone can do it, I made sure of this through the power of balance.

IV) Treat all comments about tank balance as a knee-jerk reaction... lasting 2-3 months. But when I notice something wrong with my class I shall try to fix it as soon as possible.

V) Make content harder for the tanks which we don't use to test the same content, because they had it too easy since they could easily do S&V HM so we need to make it more difficult.

VI) Having non-static things is fun, randomly dying 5% of the time brings excitement to the players, lets put some 5% thresholds in the game so bosses can always have a small chance of hitting everyone! This will bring more satisfaction I can guarantee. Anyway, I don't notice anything wrong when I'm playing my tank so it's obiously a L2P issue for the others.

VII) When checking the patch notes before we publish them I found this interesting line regarding "Juggernaughts/Guardians" and "Powertechs/Vanguards" :rak_02:, I had to ask a colleague what these names meant, apparently we still have some tanking classes in-game which I was sure we scrapped in alpha, oh well I'm sure they'll die off soon enough. But I'll make sure to tell everyone not to comment on whatever they say.

VIII) I outsourced the forums design team so I have no clue about any of the tanking subsections. But I make sure to frequent the Shadow/Sin forums and comment on issues which I've experienced as well, then when I balance things I can put forth the argument that player feedback necessitated this change, even though secretly I really like it that my class is better now.

IX) Make the tanking stance for Shadows/Sins transform Lacerate in a 10 second channel giving immunity to all incoming damage and effects, but it would root you so it will be balanced for pvp.

What harm can it do? What would you do if you were in charge of game balancing and played a Shadow/Sin? Yes this is very unfair, I'm sure some will blame it on not being the *best post 1.7* tank anymore. This subsection is not moderated right? Surely everyone has forgotten about it :D

Edited by Panzerfire

Can I borrow your handkerchief? You got a little bit of that sarcasm on my face. :p

My utmost apologies good Sir, I got a bit excited back there *hands over handkerchief of RNG, 95% of the time it's clean!*. Anyway, this was very therapeutical and now I can weather RNG deaths for many months to come!

Edited by Panzerfire

For some points the sarcasme is dripping a bit to much, but overall nice post mate :)

I) Make Saber Reflect have a 10% chance of reflecting damage to a random ally, because no jedi/sith can always be perfect and friendly fire happens.

You're maybe joking about that friendly fire stuff, but somehow during an ops I really got friendly fire from a commando-dps in my team. And no this wasnt the mortar volley in EC SC/FB.

I dont have the parse anymore but it was funny as hell to see in the logs. The damage done wasnt to big, so I wonder what could have cause my log to bug out. (Well, I really hope that bioware hasnt implemented friendly fire yet)

Obviously we are just crybabies. Obviously our paper thin cloth armor is unfair to the other tank classes. I mean, we can just spam cooldown after cooldown. With assassins, we always have like 10 cooldowns ready at all times.

Just learn to play, like those awesome other tank classes! I mean, Austin gave us Phase Walk! That makes it ok because PVP.

You guys that are randomly dying are just bad players, because once I saw an assassin in a video.

Obviously we are just crybabies. Obviously our paper thin cloth armor is unfair to the other tank classes. I mean, we can just spam cooldown after cooldown. With assassins, we always have like 10 cooldowns ready at all times.

Just learn to play, like those awesome other tank classes! I mean, Austin gave us Phase Walk! That makes it ok because PVP.

You guys that are randomly dying are just bad players, because once I saw an assassin in a video.

Didn't you know? Dark Ward is considered a cooldown by many. So yes we do indeed have cooldowns which we can use almost all the time :).