Conquest Broken Again: 2nd Feb 2016

UlaVii

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect you can't solve a problem until you know what the problem is. Of course they have to look into it, they just found out about it.

Thank you for replying so quickly Eric. Someone ought to consider you guys are actually people, and want to have something nice to wake up to in the morning.

~ Eudoxia

Tait was the one that replied..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like we found the BW cheerleader. :rak_03:

With all due respect you can't solve a problem until you know what the problem is. Of course they have to look into it, they just found out about it.

Thank you for replying so quickly Eric. Someone ought to consider you guys are actually people, and want to have something nice to wake up to in the morning.

~ Eudoxia

LOL

Always someone ready to defend.

They know EXACTLY what is wrong with it, it will be EXACTLY the same problem that stopped conquest from running a month or so ago. Considering the game hasn't been patched for so long it is highly unlikely to be something new.

It is something that should have been permanently fixed when it happened last time (you know, similar to issues with other events that should have been permanently fixed - but still all failed in December) but of course wasn't.

"Looking in to it" simply means yup - it happened again, we know why, we'll get around to fixing it.....again.....eventually.

Tait was the one that replied..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like we found the BW cheerleader. :rak_03:

Lol whoops.

Dude, I'm working on a lab report for Organic Chem and don't have time to rant. It's fricking 10 AM EST, so I'm tired enough as it is and I don't have to go to work for 8+ hours a day reading a forum full of nothing but people who rant.

I complain about this game all the time, I don't like the direction it's going in, I don't like the lack of bug fixes. Remember that thread about comps getting overnerfed? Me and Zoe were the ones who posted the actual stats who got that fixed. So yeah I ***** and moan too. I come from a community that hasn't had their part of the game updated in over 2 years (GSF).

But frankly, you can still be respectful when complaining.

LOL

Always someone ready to defend.

They know EXACTLY what is wrong with it, it will be EXACTLY the same problem that stopped conquest from running a month or so ago. Considering the game hasn't been patched for so long it is highly unlikely to be something new.

It is something that should have been permanently fixed when it happened last time (you know, similar to issues with other events that should have been permanently fixed - but still all failed in December) but of course wasn't.

"Looking in to it" simply means yup - it happened again, we know why, we'll get around to fixing it.....again.....eventually.

As for this being a known issue, yeah it probably is. But they've got like one programmer left and as someone who actually knows programming and what a ***** it can be, cut them some slack. If it's a known problem that means you're lucky and it will get fixed quickly.

You want things to get fixed quicker, more content to be released? Petition Disney/EA to advertise this game. More ads = more people = more money = larger Dev Team = more content = keeping people playing = more money = more advertising = repeat = ??? = profit.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Yeah if anything like last month they'll do a quick fix. Then sweep the fact that the titles they pushed down don't count toward the achievement still.

I was really hoping when they took this down late last summer/early fall that it was finally fixed. It gets old seeing the same bugs come back repeatedly.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the posts! The team is looking into what's going on now.

-Tait

My bet, when everything was rescheduled, somehow this week was not included in it.

Hope to see a fix to it soon though... was hopeful to go after another title this week.

any update a few hours later still waiting

Community Manager replied here that looking into this problem. Reply was made less than 30mins before your msg so i hope that they update within Couple hrs that will they apply Fix Patch later today or tomorrow @ Noon Eu GMT +2 time. That's why GMT +2 as it's the latest timezone in Eu and they usually suffer the most with patching / long maintenances. Esp. as Swtor tech crew is using Austin Texas timezone for doing those things when their HQ is there and only there. I know companies that still treat EU supporters equally even if have HQ only in NA.

Can only hope that Swtor crew does the same or at least close this year. Been a subber for 4x years so seen the good old days and past 1,5y of Simplifying the Content down to Pit called as Pit of Simplification & no sweat for Character Progression. My Post with Link to Image that show's the Bugged Conquest Launch not long after it should've given Conquer ability for new Target.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8777953#post8777953

Image Link is on 1st Post & in 2nd section. Wish nice gaming & safe prosperous 2016 for all.

- Subber since launch & Adult Mmo & Pc Gamer who prefers to see work for Character Progression -

Hey everyone,

The team has finished looking into what has caused this week’s Conquest to not start properly. Unfortunately, the issue is a bit more complex than we have experienced in the past with Conquests. Due to this, we will be implementing a fix for this with Game Update 4.1 next Tuesday. This means that there will not be a Conquest this week, as we work to address the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

-Tait

Yeah if anything like last month they'll do a quick fix. Then sweep the fact that the titles they pushed down don't count toward the achievement still.

I was really hoping when they took this down late last summer/early fall that it was finally fixed. It gets old seeing the same bugs come back repeatedly.

Yeah happened to me not long ago that didn't Receive the Title after Conquered location and y logged in within the time that's required to have that. All that work for nothing :/ Wish you nice gaming and safe Prosperous 2016 :)

- Subber since launch & long time Mmo gamer & prefer to see work for Character progression & not simplified content -

Hey everyone,

The team has finished looking into what has caused this week’s Conquest to not start properly. Unfortunately, the issue is a bit more complex than we have experienced in the past with Conquests. Due to this, we will be implementing a fix for this with Game Update 4.1 next Tuesday. This means that there will not be a Conquest this week, as we work to address the issue.

-Tait

Heh just like once before with Conquest launch bug... :/ Should've known that everyone @ Tech Crew is ordered to secure the Bug Free New Chapter Launch & not care for bugs.. This is the sad way what is being used by Swtor development crew :/ Conquest is one main reason for many ppl to stay online and esp. now when content is so watered down on many area's.. Then this is being done that Tech Crew can't even consider of applying Fix within next couple days and just put the time remaining to what's left until reset and let Guilds Compete for that time. :/

Staying offline even more this week & possibly unsub later.. This is not how Mmo companies do things or well one seems to be doing & most definitely shouldn't be doing. From Past experience i know Tech Crews that have fixed events that r longer than one day within next couple days. Hopefully get some actual new content soon this spring. 2x new Pvp Arena's & then to Put Arena's to own Que, Cross-Server Que for Ground & Space Pvp & Proper matchmaking for Galactic Starfighter. To take it's development from shelf after it was put there to gather dust in early Autumn 2014.

Wish Safe & Prosperous 2016 for everyone.

- Long time subber & Adult Mmo gamer who prefers to see work for progression -

^^ To the person above ^^

You don't know how long it'll take to fix. If it can't get fixed until the weekend due to the time involved, do you want the game taken down on a weekend to give yourself one whole day to complete the conquest missions? It makes sense to ignore conquest for the week, rather than affect overall gameplay for a partial conquest week.

As far as the bug. Bugs happen. People need to get over it. The world isn't going to end because it doesn't work. :rolleyes:

You're seriously kidding me?!

Why did I expect to get that answer. The one week we were going to push hard & had hyped up for the guild.

SWTOR is going downhill and fast.

Ridiculous how seemingly lately all these "bugs" are bigger than what they can fix in a week or more.

^^ To the person above ^^

You don't know how long it'll take to fix. If it can't get fixed until the weekend due to the time involved, do you want the game taken down on a weekend to give yourself one whole day to complete the conquest missions? It makes sense to ignore conquest for the week, rather than affect overall gameplay for a partial conquest week.

As far as the bug. Bugs happen. People need to get over it. The world isn't going to end because it doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Didn't quite say it like that and y esp. with this poor Hero Engine that EW choose to use for Swtor things are more complex to fix than what they would be with some much better ones. That would've been available during the early development phase. Y i was around and following dev news since 2008 when website was created & i registered not long after it was. Joined to 1st beta day & pre ordered Deluxe Edition & subbed to this month since launch.

As used to be Padawan of one good programmer do have pretty good vfiew on fixing some. Didn't say about taking down realms for weekend and did mention that to fix before thursday or friday evening and then allow Guilds to compete for the remaining time. Anyways this abandoning the fix was expected and not giving max 2x hrs offline for applying patch to fix it & setup the Conquest Remaining time properly. Appreciate your reply and wish you Safe & Prosperous 2016 :)

- Long time Subber & Mmo Gamer who might unsub after this expected result. Then come b when new content being added. -

You're seriously kidding me?!

Why did I expect to get that answer. The one week we were going to push hard & had hyped up for the guild.

SWTOR is going downhill and fast.

Ridiculous how seemingly lately all these "bugs" are bigger than what they can fix in a week or more.

Well said y well said indeed & Sad to witness this kind of Mmo handling from the company that's been doing this for 4x year now so not rookies anymore. I do sincerely hope that ways are changed to better :)

Wish you safe & prosperous 2016 & same for Ew's Swtor Crew.

- Long time Subber & Mmo Gamer who might unsub after this expected result. Then come b when new content being added. -

Bioware's response to bugs and events not working seems to be to just leave it broken.

You don't have to wait til 4.1 to fix things. This is what hotfix patches are for.

This is ASSUMING they can fix it by Wednesday or Thursday. Once you get into Friday, apply hot fixes takes down their prime game time. On top of that, it leaves you with only about 1-2 days of conquest, then people complain because they had less time to conquest.

Hey everyone,

-Tait

Thanks for the info Tait.

Bioware's response to bugs and events not working seems to be to just leave it broken.

You don't have to wait til 4.1 to fix things. This is what hotfix patches are for.

Sooo True and many Mmo Companies been doing this for a long time: "You don't have to wait til 4.1 to fix things. This is what hotfix patches are for." <3 Well said and y indeed this "Bioware's response to bugs and events not working seems to be to just leave it broken." Has applied too often with Ew crew when it comes to managing Swtor being steady :/

Been subber since launch and seen the good old days when content wasn't watered down to Child's lvl & now these simplified times. Wish you safe & prosperous 2016 and well said & sad ofc that it's true :/ Now to craft dinner & won't be coming to this thread anymore. Sayonara have fun on whatever Virtual Universe that is :) I think this week dedicated for Rise of the Tomb Raider adventures since EW did this expected move :/

Long time Subber & Mmo Gamer who might unsub after this expected result. Then come b when new content being added. -

Edited by Dragen
Added important Info.

I don't participate in Conquests, so no direct impact to me personally.

That said.. this is absurd, and builds upon player concerns about anything actually working on any given day in SWTOR now days. I mean, how many times in the last two months has Conquests been borked in one way or another?????

Bugs happen, I get it. Some bugs are left inside an MMO (any MMO) for long periods of time, due to priorities vs resources, I get that too. However, to see something chronically broken/fixed/broken_again/rinse_and_repeat really is not acceptable for any major MMO studio.

It's not like they made major changes on Conquests and therefore induced some pesky bugs.... this is more about releasing features and code that clearly are chronically unstable.

Of course.. it is what it is.. and nothing any of the players can do about it except suck it up and roll with it, or move on to something else. Captive audiences really have no voice.

Edited by Andryah