Can't defeat Gemini Captain

ScudON

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different classes have different struggles. I remember finding it a cakewalk with my first character which was my sentinel then struggling on another. I can't remember which one though.

Played against that boss with the following:

Jedi Guardian, Operative, Power tech, Jedi Shadow. Haven't failed once.

Yeah, even on my Commando (where I didn't know what was going on), I beat it without a problem. I got batted around all over the place, but I beat it. (Hold The Line is so short-lived and long-CDed that I normally can't be bothered using it.)

It was either my mara or my assassin that I struggled with and it wasn't until the end where the captain goes blast crazy at like 10% health left. I got defeated twice. Senya would have been level 10ish. I suspect it was my mara since there are a lot of knock backs and aoe attacks which slowed down my melee damage. I don't remember if I had senya set to heal or not. I may not have

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having issues with the Gemini episode as well

I'm stuck at the constructor Robot, I keep using my interrupt

to avoid getting hit by it's main beam weapon, but it just regens a half second later

and I use another interrupt and while I do this Sky troopers come rushing out from either side and over

whelm my companion so I go rushing over to fight them only to have the constructor robot recharge and

continuely firing at me and my companion while trying to fend off the two waves of troopers

and you just end up dying over and over again, I have tried my companion heal mode and damage mode and tank mode. doesn't seem to matter , I tried for over 8 hours to complete this section of the story

and I have really good gear, this section of the story seems a bit over powered and undefeateable

I'm having issues with the Gemini episode as well

I'm stuck at the constructor Robot, I keep using my interrupt

to avoid getting hit by it's main beam weapon, but it just regens a half second later

and I use another interrupt and while I do this Sky troopers come rushing out from either side and over

whelm my companion so I go rushing over to fight them only to have the constructor robot recharge and

continuely firing at me and my companion while trying to fend off the two waves of troopers

and you just end up dying over and over again, I have tried my companion heal mode and damage mode and tank mode. doesn't seem to matter , I tried for over 8 hours to complete this section of the story

and I have really good gear, this section of the story seems a bit over powered and undefeateable

What class are you? I'm far from pro and my characters just have the purple gear you get with crystals, but I've taken three characters through these fights and I had the easiest time with the one I've played the most, which was Immortal Juggernaut.

And you can stop the Constructorbot from summoning/instabuilding more Skytroopers by targeting the machines he's accessing. I prefer not to leave that to chance and actually right click on the glowy blue part. You should see a wee bar that says "Targeting" or some such. Of course if he's used his KB on you and your stun breaker is on CD that can be a problem...

Have you tried fighting him with a reprogrammed Skytrooper on your side? With Senya set to heal that little boost in damage/aggro attraction might be the edge you need. (It's also smarter than I am lmao because it knows which GEMINI captain is the real one without having to check anything.)

• 2 months later...
I had trouble defeating the GEMINI captain. I would get down to around a half of her life, the she disappears and like 8 skytroopers appear. Defeat them, fight the captain. Again, down to half like, she disappears, group of skytroopers. This happened like 4 times before I got fed up and had to log off. Is this a glitch or what? I wasn't taking much damage myself...

I had trouble defeating the GEMINI captain. I would get down to around a half of her life, the she disappears and like 8 skytroopers appear. Defeat them, fight the captain. Again, down to half like, she disappears, group of skytroopers. This happened like 4 times before I got fed up and had to log off. Is this a glitch or what? I wasn't taking much damage myself...

I don't remember Skytroopers appearing during the GEMINI Captain fight... sounds like something is resetting the encounter. That's for sure a glitch.

You and/or Senya were getting batted outside the fighting area, so the encounter resets. (There are skytroopers at the normal beginning of the fight. It's probably them you were seeing.)

• 1 year later...

ok I have good gear Jedi Knight class. I have read that having Senya as a healer works best. NOPE. I even tried tank and damage. NOPE. This is ridiculous. Tried many times to beat that stinking droid and still nothing. I want to end it and move on with the story but here I am stuck. They need to change this fight and eliminate ANY and all glitches that I have seen others mention. Its ridiculous as it is now. My health is over 80,000 and am level 70.

This reminds me of a game I stopped playing because they use CHEATS in it to make it way more than challenging. Is this what happening in this fight and a few others? If so its not right. Way over powered health and powers they have makes it NOT fun but more like WORK. Really tired of this and its frustrating.

And I thought I was gonna enjoy this game. Up to this point I have. Guess I'm stuck here until something changes for the better.

ok I have good gear Jedi Knight class. I have read that having Senya as a healer works best. NOPE. I even tried tank and damage. NOPE. This is ridiculous. Tried many times to beat that stinking droid and still nothing. I want to end it and move on with the story but here I am stuck. They need to change this fight and eliminate ANY and all glitches that I have seen others mention. Its ridiculous as it is now. My health is over 80,000 and am level 70.

This reminds me of a game I stopped playing because they use CHEATS in it to make it way more than challenging. Is this what happening in this fight and a few others? If so its not right. Way over powered health and powers they have makes it NOT fun but more like WORK. Really tired of this and its frustrating.

And I thought I was gonna enjoy this game. Up to this point I have. Guess I'm stuck here until something changes for the better.

What server are you on? if you are on star forge i can lend a hand on my Knight Eralin

"over 80000" health at level 70? You need to up your gear a bit. With a full set of 230-purples (gathered from Tier 1 command crates and/or bought from the vendor on the fleet for Command Tokens) you should have something like 95000.

And "Jedi Knight" is a bit vague. Is that Sentinel or Guardian? Which Discipline?

And there should be plenty of guides for how to do this fight.

* Make sure you know how your class works - Knights and Warriors use a "build energy by attacking" system similar to the Adrenaline system in Guild Wars 1 and 2, and if you don't manage it correctly you'll find many of your heaviest abilities unusable.

* When she splits in four, quickly scan their health bars and find the one with a different amount of health. Hit that one and the others will disappear.

* If you can time it right, use your "no knock-back" abilitiy to stop yourself from being batted around.

* You have a stunbreaker that will let you get up more quickly, although the cooldown is annoyingly long.

* Give lots of gifts to Senya to raise her influence level and increase her effectiveness. (Before the fight, duh.)

But this fight is far from impossible. It isn't a "spank and tank" boss, I agree, but on the scale of boss fight mechanics, it's almost nothing. (You probably wouldn't enjoy the fights in GW2's Living World Season 3, between Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire, because some of them consist of nothing but mechanics.)

ok his class is Guardian with the single saber.

Senya's influence is almost max.

I have tried stims and other things. My gear is 212.

I have never used tokens before.

I feel this is a cheat fight against US the paying public.

I am done with it and will find a way to remove this story from my game. I have other characters that need missions done anyway. I can't keep doing this and NOT moving on in the storyline. My patience with this has ended.

I appreciate the offer to help but Idk how we both can be in there. Its not like a flashpoint mission.

I have tried Senya on damage, tank and heal several times with no luck. Yesterday I almost had it beat, then I died anyway.

wish I could have a couple more companions with me for fights like this.

'Nuff said.

ok his class is Guardian with the single saber.

Senya's influence is almost max.

I have tried stims and other things. My gear is 212.

I have never used tokens before.

I feel this is a cheat fight against US the paying public.

I am done with it and will find a way to remove this story from my game. I have other characters that need missions done anyway. I can't keep doing this and NOT moving on in the storyline. My patience with this has ended.

I appreciate the offer to help but Idk how we both can be in there. Its not like a flashpoint mission.

I have tried Senya on damage, tank and heal several times with no luck. Yesterday I almost had it beat, then I died anyway.

wish I could have a couple more companions with me for fights like this.

'Nuff said.

212 gear is well below par for a level 70 character. (Before 5.0, 212 gear was below the max for a level 65.) With just plain blue crafted gear, you should be 220. 228 with crafted purples. And if you are level 70, you should be getting Command crates which contain (at tier 1) 228-greens to 230-purples. That said, this encounter was designed for level 65 characters, for whom 212 (at the time it was released) was approximately equivalent to today's low 230s.

This fight is in NO WAY WHATSOEVER a "cheat fight". You do have to know how to play your character's class well, but it is no way a cheat.

You do know which tokens I'm talking about? The ones you get in Command Crates. (Do NOT tell me you've been disintegrating them...) On the Fleet, in the Supplies section, at the right-hand end (last-but-one in the clockwise direction), there is a bay full of Tier 1-4 Equipment vendors, one set of four per base class. Go to the Jedi Knight Tier 1 vendor and see what you can buy.

And you can't remove this mission from your story. You're stuck with it.

Well, no. That's strictly speaking not the case. You could just skip straight to the beginning of Chapter I of Knights of the Eternal Throne. Of course there are more difficult fights at the end of KotET, and you'll miss the "showdown" with Arcann that happens in Chapter XVI of KotFE.

To have a second player help you, you can /invite the other player once you have begun the chapter, and then there is a way to summon him to your instance.

ok yea I have command crates but I didn't know exactly what to use them for or how. As for crafting, I have never tried it so I am lost there.

The gear I have currently is the Outlander drops I get from enemy fights. That SHOULD be good enough or so I believed. Apparently they aren't.

I have only played this game since June of '17 and I'm still learning what I can from my own experience and from reading posts online from various websites including this one.

And I just recently joined a guild in this game. They have also tried helping me with advice.

As for that fight? no I haven't quit it at all. I'll leave my character there for now and work on my other lower ones in the meantime. At least until I learn more how things work and apply them to him. ty all.

ok yea I have command crates but I didn't know exactly what to use them for or how. As for crafting, I have never tried it so I am lost there.

The gear I have currently is the Outlander drops I get from enemy fights. That SHOULD be good enough or so I believed. Apparently they aren't.

I have only played this game since June of '17 and I'm still learning what I can from my own experience and from reading posts online from various websites including this one.

And I just recently joined a guild in this game. They have also tried helping me with advice.

As for that fight? no I haven't quit it at all. I'll leave my character there for now and work on my other lower ones in the meantime. At least until I learn more how things work and apply them to him. ty all.

Right-click the command crates, then use the checkboxes to specify which items you want to claim (move from the stash to your inventory) or disintegrate (destroy the items in return for Command XP OR Unassembled Components).

In general, the crates contain four or five items:

* One piece of "Tier" gear (see below)

* One empty orange-shell armour piece or weapon (except vibroknives and shotguns)

* One pile of Command Tokens, with the number depending on the tier: 5, 8, 12, or 14 tokens.

* One type 1 supplementary item.

* Perhaps one type 2 supplementary item.

Type 1 supplementary items are usually "reputation" tokens for e.g. the Gree, the Bounty Broker's Association, or whatever. If you haven't maxed out that reputation, take them and use them, otherwise disintegrate them. They might be, instead, green, blue, or purple "Jawa vendor" tokens for the three Jawa vendors in the Cartel Bazaar on the Fleet (North end of Republic Fleet, take the elevator). They sell crafting materials and companion gifts.

Type 2 supplementary items are high-end crafting schematics (recipes), Red or Blue Manta speeders, Underlurker minipets, stuff like that. Claim or disintegrate as you see fit.

"Tier" gear is moddable armour, weapons, or off-hand items, or non-moddable relics, implants, or earpieces. It's gear you can use, and will be better than anything you can get from killed enemies.

The tier depends on your Command level at the moment you gained the crate:

* Tier 1 from CL 1 to 89

* Tier 2 from CL 90 to 179

* Tier 3 from CL 180 to 299

* Tier 4 at CL 300. CL 300 repeats indefinitely.

Tier 1 gear will be 228-green, 230-blue (orange shells), or 230-purple moddable(where relevant) pieces. The purple armour pieces have "set bonuses" attached to their armoring mod-objects. 230-purple is slightly better than 230-blue, and also has the set bonus.

Tier 2 will be 230-green, 232-blue/orange, 234-purple, or 236-yellow. The purple and yellow will have the set bonus.

Tier 3 will be 236-green, 238-blue/orange, 240-purple, or 242-yellow. The purple and yellow will have the set bonus.

Tier 4 will be 242-green, 244-blue/orange, 246-purple, or 248-yellow. The blue/orange, purple, and yellow will have the set bonus.

These drops will all be suitable for the class and discipline that you are in at the moment you open the crate.

As for the fight on your Guardian, practice your moves in Flashpoints with your guild and/or against the training dummies that you can buy as options in your class ship (they also exist on various parts of the Fleet, and on one of the wings of the Senate Plaza on Coruscant). Get so that you are comfortable with how your abilities work and how they interact with each other.

EDIT: Keep the empty orange-shell gear items if you like them, otherwise destroy them.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

ok at the present time my command level is 22 so that puts me into tier 1.

as for my combat skills, I like what I have and have done well with them up to this point.

I also have the powers I need and they also have worked well for me.

I will say this. I apologize for my earlier attitude about all this, but much of the game is still new to me and I'm learning as much as possible as I progress. I just got frustrated at not being able to move on in the storyline.

I wished I had started playing this back when it first came out but I didn't. I was involved in another game that DOES use cheats to make the fights more of a challenge. Imo cheats and cheating and cheaters are scum. So when I finally gave it up, I found this game, (always liked Star Wars) and began playing it. I have played and still play a few older Star Wars games, and I am in a clan and am an admin on one of those. Still lots of FUN for me in my spare time. That's why I began playing this. I like Star Wars and enjoy having some fun with it.

My fave Jedi is Qui-Gon Jinn. my fave Sith is Vader in the black outfit/costume. Just wanted to mention them.

And as Sidious said in ROTS, all those who gain power are afraid to lose it. So I guess I need more power to continue ingame. lol

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having the same EXACT problem. Weird thing is, I played through it with a level 70 Guardian a while back and everything went fine. Now doing it with a level 70 Juggernaut and completely stuck. Out of the blue. He's geared with all level 70 purples. Spent a fortune in credits getting Senya to level 30 influence (despite never having needed to the first time). Set her to heal, tank, dps. None of it makes any difference. The thing that happens is: My character gets stunned and WHILE HE'S STUNNED (ie UNABLE TO RESPOND), the Gemini Captain kills Senya pretty much INSTANTANEOUSLY. That never happened before, and I don't know why it's happening now, but it occurs every time.

IN ADDITION to that, a number of other really insane things have happened for me in the numerous times I've played through this battle with this character:

- My character was killed by the door to the bridge closing on him as he entered.

- My character was shut out of the bridge after Senya and the support droid entered.

- Senya was shut out of the bridge when my character entered.

- After getting killed the first time, he loses the support droid and is cut off from the rest of the ship so there's no way to go back and get another one (not that that really seems to make any difference)

I've restarted the chapter three times. Always goes the same way. I've been playing and subbing to this game since beta in 2011. I have 22 active characters, 3 of whom are in or have moved beyond KotFE. I know how to play it as well as anyone could reasonably be expected to to get past a main storyline chapter in Story mode. I've never been stuck like this with any character in 7 years of playing. It's not a lack of knowledge or experience, it's a PROBLEM with the game itself, and a seemingly RANDOM one - something that the devs NEED to fix. Maybe something that's cropped up since the server merge, because I played through the chapter with my Guardian before that. I don't know. In any event, I don't think it's reasonable to a) fault perfectly competent players for merely experiencing it or; b) require some massive payout of currency to solve it.

Having the same EXACT problem. Weird thing is, I played through it with a level 70 Guardian a while back and everything went fine. Now doing it with a level 70 Juggernaut and completely stuck. Out of the blue. He's geared with all level 70 purples. Spent a fortune in credits getting Senya to level 30 influence (despite never having needed to the first time). Set her to heal, tank, dps. None of it makes any difference. The thing that happens is: My character gets stunned and WHILE HE'S STUNNED (ie UNABLE TO RESPOND), the Gemini Captain kills Senya pretty much INSTANTANEOUSLY. That never happened before, and I don't know why it's happening now, but it occurs every time.

Sounds like you've managed to get it set to Veteran or Master difficulty rather than story. They are, obviously, much harder, and they achieve this primarily by making the mobs (a) hit harder (commonly phrased as "like a Mack truck") and (b) have more health.

Exit the mission by teleporting to e.g. the Fleet, then:

* Right-click your character portrait and search the menus for mission difficulty settings. Set it to "Story".

* Search the menus again for "Reset active phases". Do it while you are not in any sort of phase. Your ship and your stronghold(s) count as phases.

* Reset the chapter mission from your mission log.

Start again.

IN ADDITION to that, a number of other really insane things have happened for me in the numerous times I've played through this battle with this character: [snip]

I'm playing this chapter for the first time today and I am having these EXACT SAME PROBLEMS.

In addition, GEMINI keeps pelting Senya and my Smuggler (lvl 70, top tier purple equipment, etc) with some kind of blue pixels that wears down both our health points faster than Senya can heal us. I've tried fighting her 4 times in a row (5 times if you count the time my toon got crushed by the door), and each time GEMINI kills us before we can wheedle down to 1/2 her hit points.

What's going on here? I've been playing SWTOR for three years and have NEVER run into a problem like this (the bane of my existence was the giant sulkaht abomination in Manaan at the bottom of the sea, where if you don't kill it fast enough you drown and have to start over), but this takes the *********** biscuit, y'all.

Edited by TwilekTrekker

Sounds like you've managed to get it set to Veteran or Master difficulty rather than story. They are, obviously, much harder, and they achieve this primarily by making the mobs (a) hit harder (commonly phrased as "like a Mack truck") and (b) have more health.

Exit the mission by teleporting to e.g. the Fleet, then:

* Right-click your character portrait and search the menus for mission difficulty settings. Set it to "Story".

* Search the menus again for "Reset active phases". Do it while you are not in any sort of phase. Your ship and your stronghold(s) count as phases.

* Reset the chapter mission from your mission log.

Start again.

I followed step one of your advice and teleported to the Fleet (where I had to get $18k worth of equipment repairs!!), right clicked the character portrait like you said, and found my character is already in Story Mode??

Didn't really want to "reset active phases" (please, Dear God I hate this chapter and don't want to play it again), but when I went back to fight Gemini the 5th time, this time I managed to wheedle down GEMINI's HP to 1/4, before she suddenly threw Senya and my Smuggler back with an energy burst, then instantly GEMINI's HP almost fully healed and bombarded her blue pixels (don't know how else to describe them; will probably take a screenshot later) into Healer Senya and my Smuggler until we were dead.

Is this a bug or something? I don't want to have to play this chapter again (I've absolutely hated it from start to finish), but if I'm already in story mode and having this much trouble now, I don't know if reseting will fix it?

Edited by TwilekTrekker

• 2 weeks later...
This same thing is happening to me. For 16 characters, I had no problem, now on 121/01/2018 the companion gets killed within 1 minute and I am dispelling the cloud with EMP properly. The difficulty of this battle has been ramped up tremendously. I have my companion in healer mode and she is a level 25 which should be a calk walk (like my previous 16 times). The dev team has definitely changed the difficulty and Story mode is acting like Veteren or Master. Has any other person experienced this lately? Also I had a skytrooper with me when I started the battle, but he disappeared after it started. (Bug?) Edited by Palominebald

Same thing is happening with me now. I've been through that fight more than 10 times with different characters, always have a Presence stim for Senya, etc. and I've never encountered this sort of difficulty before.

Might be worth a post in the bug report section.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero