A topic for PvP forum and suggestion box for devs and players alike.

Seterade

I have been away from swtor for some time, 9 months to be exact.. on returning I found many issues improved, others stagnant. One in particular had me rolling endless balance ideas in my head for the stealth meta... and I believe I have found the balance for this change. There are 4 parts to this, 2 quality of life changes and 2 major wz changes. The changes will be in order from quality of life, to climatic change. I will post each point, with a spoiler explaining the reasoning.

So we all know the power of pvp stealth out. It carries many merits, but the big ones we are going to focus on here are out of combat class heal to full and wz adrenal and medpack reset. For those who don't know pvp stealth out completely in many cases ends combat, and/or provides a window to end it, if it bugs or you get hit while invis.

Quality Of Life Changes:

1: Sprint becomes all players passive run speed, removing "out of combat" requirement.

Sprint as an out of combat mechanic is a relic, from swtors beginnings. In 2020, with all the mobility options in this game sprints speed increase does little to nothing for evading combat UNLESS you wish to flee. in pvp sprint will be shared by all targets making this an empty advantage, and in pve, if you are trying to flee a champion or a mob... why not? There is no reason you should HAVE to fight in pve worlds. Once upon a time swtor was a deep and rich story driven leveling process, but now leveling in general is something we just do, and all story is in instances.. you're not running from an enemy in an instance. In conclusion, "out of combat" sprint should just be passive, and all ability/utility speedup could easily be adjusted to incorporate this. ex: predation grants 50% speed boost... {sprint passive 35%} predation boosts speed by 15%

2: Pt energy lode stacks, Mara fury stacks, Merc supercharge stacks (All Faction Opposites) Mara and Merc both have a utility that allows for "class heal" or toy heals to charge stacks of supercharge/fury. I propose when this utility is selected and active, when a Mara or Merc leave combat or revive, a full stack is provided. AP Pt has a similar mechanic, class/toy healing provides a stack of 4 to power energy burst. I propose this "stack" be autogranted when combat ends and when revived.

This change is simply for most a quality of life change. since these 3 stacks require out of combat to begin with, this only removes standing in place for 15 seconds.. literally.. that's all it does. BUT! When combined with change #4, this will be very important for pvp

3: Warzone adrenal and medpack are no longer 1 use per combat, rather they depend on cooldown timer for balance.

This again is pretty straight forward. Remember how stealth out resets warzone adrenal and medpac to be reusable? This makes this apply to all classes. Stealth already have this, and frankly it's flat out pve mechanic abuse. Medpac useable should apply to all classes, not just stealth.

Finally... The big balance change is, 4: Combat begins in Warzones when match start timer ends and combat ends when match/round end. No more out of combat healing, no medpac reset, no reseting your red dot on radar, combat continues from round start to round end.

Going to do 1 quick wrap up to say how these 4 tie together.

Pt, Mara, Merc stacks require out of combat to build. No out of combat, so they need to be instant.

Sprint is a passive player speed. If combat never ends in warzone, then you "never" get sprint.. there is nothing players hate more than losing movement speed in videogames.. so dont take it, give it 24/7

Finally, if combat never ends only 1 warzone adrenal and medpac? Again... No player likes losing heals or mechanics in videogames.. so dont. medpacs and adrenals should have multiple combat use, just big cooldown.

All input is appreciated, and I hope you all have a wonderful game!

I like that you are thinking of ways to improve the game. Just not sure these are the right ways.

And as much as operatives are a pain in my butt, I think it would ruin the class dynamics if they couldn’t combat stealth to heal up

I for one would be against these changes, except maybe the med pack one, which I’m also not really convinced is a good way to go due to an already higher TTK across most classes in this meta.