Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make ALL ships suffer -100% accuracy penalty when near capital ships

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Make ALL ships suffer -100% accuracy penalty when near capital ships

Nemarus
02.25.2014 , 09:20 AM | #1
Additionally missile-lock ons shouldn't work. Call it "targeting interference" or something from the capital ship's massive engines and shields.

This is the ideal solution.

With this, capital ships are still safe to spawn at and cannot be effectively camped.

They are still a safe point to retreat to so that you can recharge your shields.

They are not a refuge from which Gunships can deal damage while being untouchable--because their accuracy is 0%.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Irongut
02.25.2014 , 09:37 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
They are still a safe point to retreat to so that you can recharge your shields.
Waaaaaaaaaa! I want my safe space!
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)

OscarDivine
02.25.2014 , 09:47 AM | #3
I'm not the only one making this suggestion, but turn the cap ships into an exhaustion zone and keep the guns functioning as they always have.

You shouldn't HAVE a safe haven. It's called DEATHMATCH not POKE-AND-RUN-MATCH.

Nemarus
02.25.2014 , 09:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Irongut View Post
Waaaaaaaaaa! I want my safe space!
If you flew on my server you would know I am the last person who needs a "safe space". But my targets do. Right now once I target someone in my Blackbolt, they have no way to escape unless their allies have fortified an area with mines/drones, which eventually did happen ... but at that point their team were just trying to lose more slowly.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Fractalsponge
02.25.2014 , 09:49 AM | #5
I like this idea.

Though the whole "gunship ball at spawn" tactic is overhyped to begin with, being more annoying than game-breaking. A team good enough to shut down any hit and run attacks from killing people in the ball is probably good enough to win outright. I've always been able to break it when the pubs have tried it on Shadowlands. And they use it a LOT.

OscarDivine
02.25.2014 , 09:50 AM | #6
Seriously, if you're getting your back end handed to you, take it gracefully and learn from the experience. Get better, learn more. You learn nothing except how to hold down your space bar running to your cap ships.

Armonddd
02.25.2014 , 09:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OscarDivine View Post
I'm not the only one making this suggestion, but turn the cap ships into an exhaustion zone and keep the guns functioning as they always have.

You shouldn't HAVE a safe haven. It's called DEATHMATCH not POKE-AND-RUN-MATCH.
I actually don't see how that's a less complicated (and thus more elegant) solution than what Nemarus has suggested.

Though I'd increase the accuracy debuff to 1000%. There's ways to buff accuracy above 100%, and doubtless there will be more of them in the future. No reason to leave any potential holes. A "you guaranteed hit" button, if ever implemented, could provide +500% accuracy, which lets it do its job without interfering with the capital ship debuff.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

TUXs
02.25.2014 , 10:07 AM | #8
Here's a thought...

If you're getting spawn camped, spawn at one of the other 2 locations. Brilliant huh??
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Armonddd
02.25.2014 , 10:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Here's a thought...

If you're getting spawn camped, spawn at one of the other 2 locations. Brilliant huh??
Please convince all of the pugs on both servers I play on to do this.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

TUXs
02.25.2014 , 10:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
Please convince all of the pugs on both servers I play on to do this.
I commented in another thread that we need to have a flashing "CHOOSE SPAWN LOCATION " with 3 arrows to make it idiot proof.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)