Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

built in VOIP please.

DEATHICIDE
02.24.2014 , 04:18 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
Its existence would cost resources that I would rather go to virtually any other project. Even the cartel market.
That is a very fair answer.

Unfortunately, only the devs themselves know exactly how much of their resources this would consume.

From a design standpoint, all the visuals are already created, the assets and all that is there, so if the implementation of VOIP through the engine turns out to be an easy cookie cutter endeavor, then these resources may turn out to be quite minimal.

Code nerds can crunch numbers much faster than designers and artists can pump out content(minus those dreaded re-skins), after all.
The work could be simple customization tweaking more than something made from scratch, as VOIP is really old and familiar stuff.

I think it is safe to say that if this were a major project, we would never see it, but if it turns out to be more simple than you realize, why the hell not?
Republic Diehard-Imperial Diehard-Founder Of The Old Republic

The Most Valuable - Devastator - Fleet Admiral - Space Magnate

FridgeLM
02.24.2014 , 04:19 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
Using 7 year old programming errors to justify you not wanting something (that has worked WELL in OTHER games) is like saying the Cowboys will win the Superbowl this year because of what they did in the 90s.
My example of adding VOIP to an already completed theme park MMO is about ten times more relevant to this discussion than any other example stated in this thread (as all of them were released with VOIP already integrated).
<Death and Taxes>