Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

built in VOIP please.

Sangrar
02.23.2014 , 11:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Dormancy View Post
I wouldn't mind having it available. My two predictions are:

1) It will manage to break my Relaxed Vestments Chestwraps again.
2) Nobody will use it anyway (just like ME3 multiplayer's (yes, people still play that)).
best way of summarizing this
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

FridgeLM
02.23.2014 , 12:25 PM | #12
When WoW tried to implement VOIP in BC, it broke the game for literally weeks for no real benefit.
<Death and Taxes>

Verain
02.23.2014 , 01:09 PM | #13
It's just such a silly request. It's like complaining because hardcore players have notepad on their computer and can take notes, or web browsers so they can visit dulfy, so CLEARLY THOSE THINGS MUST BE IN GAME TOO!!111

DEATHICIDE
02.23.2014 , 01:10 PM | #14
...as long as it's not some auto broadcast xbox style garbage.

Some musts :
I want to have to click a button to turn voice on, and when on, I want an option to mute people as I please, and I want people on my ignore list auto-muted.

Do something like that and it will rock.

Guild premades need a taste of pugs who can communicate just as fast as they can, and avid premaders only cry about in game voip because they know they are nothing without their advantages and just want to try and keep the farming going.

Otherwise they would simply accept the answer: "If you don't want to use it, just turn mute on/opt out, and your problem is solved", but no, they grab pitchforks and torches for another reason devs.

Signed.
Republic Diehard-Imperial Diehard-Founder Of The Old Republic

The Most Valuable - Devastator - Fleet Admiral - Space Magnate

Zharik
02.23.2014 , 01:46 PM | #15
I played Battlefield 2 for a long friggin' time. It came with built in VOIP for when you were in a squad & a radial button style prefab message spammer. All the squad leaders had a separate channel for comms with the commander. I don't *ever* remember an issue with a problem like is being described. If you think that society "can't handle" the less than 1% of the population who will be *****hats, then unplug yourself from the internet...

You cannot call that "nobody uses program X's VOIP", but that in this game we'd have immature racists using it to spread grief. (Either people don't use it at all or they use it improperly, you cannot call both!) We're not playing X, and overall OUR game population is really good at being humans.

And it is a mic, not a mike. (short for microphone)
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

DamascusAdontise
02.23.2014 , 04:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
I played Battlefield 2 for a long friggin' time. It came with built in VOIP for when you were in a squad & a radial button style prefab message spammer. All the squad leaders had a separate channel for comms with the commander. I don't *ever* remember an issue with a problem like is being described. If you think that society "can't handle" the less than 1% of the population who will be *****hats, then unplug yourself from the internet...

You cannot call that "nobody uses program X's VOIP", but that in this game we'd have immature racists using it to spread grief. (Either people don't use it at all or they use it improperly, you cannot call both!) We're not playing X, and overall OUR game population is really good at being humans.

And it is a mic, not a mike. (short for microphone)

I have played battlefield games with built in VOIP as described above, Planetside 2 has built in voip and can even be utilized as "area chat". never had a problem with either of these, literally never. I have however experienced the BS that is xbox VOIP, so I know what your talking about.

I think it has to do with the median age of people playing the games and in this case (correct me if I am wrong) but most of us here are not kids..... most ive seen are somewhere between 20-50. Anyways it could be a great way to help pug players understand more about playing the game well, and with a working mute function you could silence the tools.

I use TS3 and mumble on a daily basis, so im not in the "wont use it" crowd. I just think that if properly implemented could give a lot of value to the game with little to no drawback (at least nothing you cant handle with a mousclick or two)

Verain
02.23.2014 , 05:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DEATHICIDE View Post
Guild premades need a taste of pugs who can communicate just as fast as they can,
Puggies are food. What would they communicate faster, their utter confusion about component choices, their poor selection of copilots, their tunneldps instead of objectives, and maybe strats to chase gunships into cap ships turrets more effectively?

"Ok, go in a straight line. All of us at once. Ok the cap ship turrets should finish us all... NOW. Ok everyone, quick tab out and make a GSF forum thread about how this was his fault!"

Quote:
and avid premaders only cry about in game voip because they know they are nothing without their advantages and just want to try and keep the farming going.
Yes, I'm sure that's it, and not years of experience with this kind of crap.

If it's such a big deal to you, why not just go to any of the dozens of regulated and free ventrilo servers, hop in a channel, and then spam info every time you zone in? Why not? Costs you nothing, right? Why doesn't ANYONE do this, ever?

What makes you think they'd talk with VOIP? Or listen? The last game I was in, some super awesome king of poop spammed ops chat with dumb questions, while doing 0 damage the entire match, and namecalled people. How lovely it would be if he was in VOIP!

If this game was gonna gave voice, it would have been put in for the story modes, or the warzones, or all the things that are just like the wow things that no one cares about there. It would be a huge expense, and for no gain at all.

Zharik
02.23.2014 , 11:19 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
If it's such a big deal to you, why not just go to any of the dozens of regulated and free ventrilo servers, hop in a channel, and then spam info every time you zone in? Why not? Costs you nothing, right? Why doesn't ANYONE do this, ever?
Because it is unrealistic. And if the game had built in support (BF2, et. al.) it would get used.

You really think that people would tab out to load some random Mumble/TS3/Vent info and that they'd be back in a minute? I don't, since that is too much of a hassle. What about the late joiners who back filled someone's vacant slot? You honestly think that anyone is going to post the info for a late comer while they're dog fighting? How about lost time for the back fill to get into the proper channel/client/etc.? Bet you'd be happy if that guy was on YOUR team, huh?

Dude... be realistic. What is your issue with built in VOIP (assuming that *YOU* can opt out)? (In other words - Why don't you want other people to have this?) Is it that you will get called out as a gunship to hunt constantly? Both a compliment and a frustration at the same time no doubt... People can abuse chat the same way you have claimed they would abuse VOIP... zero difference.

Verain
02.23.2014 , 11:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
Because it is unrealistic. And if the game had built in support (BF2, et. al.) it would get used.
WoW's doesn't.

Quote:
You really think that people would tab out to load some random Mumble/TS3/Vent info and that they'd be back in a minute?
Maybe they could do it right after. Remember, you always play with the same small team anyway.

Quote:
Why don't you want other people to have this?
It's just a stupid thing to have, it's that simple. It's like, everyone already HAS this, ok? It's a thing. On the internet. For PC and MAC! Everyone who wants this has it. Everyone who doesn't, does not.

All this would do in game is make people want to play less, because some dumb kid will call them names vocally. They'll either not queue GSF or turn it off.

And then there's the huge dev cost, which could maybe fix any of the other tech fixes.

Lemme break this down, since you still don't get it:

You will never have in game VOIP in SWTOR. I guarantee it..

Quote:
Is it that you will get called out as a gunship to hunt constantly?
You caught me, I'm secretly petrified that the zero people who would use this will suddenly get coordinated. Oh wait, chasing me endlessly is already on their list. I guess I could be afraid that someone would mock them for flying into cap ship turrets and dying.

Quote:
People can abuse chat the same way you have claimed they would abuse VOIP... zero difference.
The chat is worth very little as well, but, just like the BG chat in WoW, it is actually used. And just like the VOIP in WoW, the VOIP that will never be added to this game, would never be used if it were.

Zharik
02.23.2014 , 11:39 PM | #20
So you don't have a valid reason for being against this, if you could opt out of it...

Ok, noted.