Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Backfill Domination 980 to 1

MaximilianPower
02.22.2014 , 04:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Phatbeard View Post
I've been on the end of plenty of butt kickings when I fly on my Imp toon. There's no one to blame but your fellow Imp pilots who are quitting mid-match. If BW were to adjust the queue logic to stop dropping people in "decided" matches, someone would be on here whining that their match didn't get back-filled even when they still had a chance to win. So the purpose of this thread is...?

Yeah, agreed, there isn't much point to the thread aside from ranting. And agreed on where the blame lies, for sure.

Changing the backfill logic would likely cause more problems than it would solve. I was just responding to your comment that you'd never really seen this phenomenon with any regularity. Again, it doesn't happen a ton, but it isn't that rare if you're always getting stomped like the imps on JC. I certainly need more than one hand to count the number of such occurrences.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TøbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

Zohkar
02.23.2014 , 02:10 AM | #22
I've backfilled into many matchs that where about to be over as a Imperial pilot. You do get a loss on your record if you bail from a match early since they added the statistics. It's also no fun to have a 22% win / loss record as a Imperial but if I switched to my Republic toon I carry around a 84% win / loss record. Most of my matchs when I first started in December where Republic vs. Imperial and a occasional Imperial vs. Imperial. Matchs happened within two minutes after 1 ended, but now I can go 30 minutes or longer before I get a match on my Imperial toon that is usually a backfill or against a Republic team that just stomps the Imperial pilots.

When I flip to my Republic toon, its more Republic vs. Republic matchs with a rare Imperial team that is just no match for the veterans that now reside on the Republic side. Alot of my Imperial veterans from December have swapped to playing Republic because the matchs are so one sided all the time. It also takes alot longer to upgrade your ships if your always losing compared to the Republic side and if you think it's fun or your improving yourself if constantly getting farmed you not completely correct. It's annoying that I got farmed in ground combat by losing my way into the best gear. While it will happen in GSF, I've now scaled myself to playing no more then 1-2 matchs now because its just gotten to frustrating do space combat.
60 Zohkar (Guardian) 60 Sa'brina (Immortal)
60 Zankar (Shadow) 60 Selura (Corruption)
60 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 60 Sil'mara (Operative)
60 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 60 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

Kacynski
02.23.2014 , 09:51 PM | #23
Is there even a logical reason to drop a match shortly before it ends in a loss? I always wondered why people would do that (also in ground PvP) as when you drop out you get zero credit for the game. If it is a loss it gets you at leas some credits and requisition (or valor and comms in the ground game).
So why are people doing this? Just to avoid a loss on their score sheet? I honestly don't get it.

Zohkar
02.24.2014 , 11:46 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kacynski View Post
Is there even a logical reason to drop a match shortly before it ends in a loss? I always wondered why people would do that (also in ground PvP) as when you drop out you get zero credit for the game. If it is a loss it gets you at leas some credits and requisition (or valor and comms in the ground game).
So why are people doing this? Just to avoid a loss on their score sheet? I honestly don't get it.
In ground combat the only way to track win / loss I beleave would be in ranked player vs. player. In un-ranked you really have no way to track it unless you screen capture all your matchs and enter it into a spread sheet. As far as Galactic Starfighter, prior to 2.6 it only recorded matchs on your legacy if you completed the match. After you hit the achievement you would never know your statistics ever again. Since the release of 2.6 no matter if you drop out of a match near the end, or even before it starts you are recorded a loss for quiting, weither it was you rage quiting, internet crashing or you decided to take the pve que instead.

I for example show that I have played 325 matchs across my legacy, yet it shows that I have played close to 500 matchs across my Imperial character and Republic character. Some because something came up, some because I got tired of being farmed because of poor matchmaking and a few that I never entered but was able to check my record after the que popped but didn't take. Personally I lost my feel for GSF because of poor matchmaking, in that on the Imperial side I run a 22% of my matchs while on the Republic side its nearly a 88% of my matchs.

So the question is how has my skill changed going from one side to the other and why should I be forced to have more enjoyment playing the faction that I don't care to play anymore? Alot of the people I use to wingmen with have swapped to the Republic side just to get wins as well and there is definately faster pop times against same faction then it is on the Imperial side anymore. One could argue good triumphs over evil but who decides what side is evil because both sides have committed atrocitys to universal justice.
60 Zohkar (Guardian) 60 Sa'brina (Immortal)
60 Zankar (Shadow) 60 Selura (Corruption)
60 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 60 Sil'mara (Operative)
60 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 60 Sondrea (Shieldtech)