Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make ALL ships suffer -100% accuracy penalty when near capital ships

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Make ALL ships suffer -100% accuracy penalty when near capital ships

Fractalsponge
02.25.2014 , 10:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
Please convince all of the pugs on both servers I play on to do this.
Yeah, the only people that will do this are the people that were never going to get farmed in the first place. Aces will be fine with the change, but if only the aces played queue pops would never happen.

OscarDivine
02.25.2014 , 10:58 AM | #12
I actually don't see how that's a less complicated (and thus more elegant) solution than what Nemarus has suggested.

Though I'd increase the accuracy debuff to 1000%. There's ways to buff accuracy above 100%, and doubtless there will be more of them in the future. No reason to leave any potential holes. A "you guaranteed hit" button, if ever implemented, could provide +500% accuracy, which lets it do its job without interfering with the capital ship debuff.
The difference is that an exhaustion zone will KILL you for going back and hiding out there. Even if you get a 1000% Accuracy penalty, the team can still run back to their cap ships for cover and avoid stalemate or force a win if they're ahead and they just stack on top of a cap ship.

Armonddd
02.25.2014 , 11:10 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OscarDivine View Post
The difference is that an exhaustion zone will KILL you for going back and hiding out there. Even if you get a 1000% Accuracy penalty, the team can still run back to their cap ships for cover and avoid stalemate or force a win if they're ahead and they just stack on top of a cap ship.
Both of them make stalemating nonviable, though, because non-contribution kicks are a thing.

(At least, I think they are. I've actually never run into this system, because I fly a scout.)
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Applejacxs
02.25.2014 , 11:35 AM | #14
Seriously, if you're getting your back end handed to you, take it gracefully and learn from the experience. Get better, learn more. You learn nothing except how to hold down your space bar running to your cap ships.

No they dont they just quit they dont come back. Why would anyone play anything that they feel there going to get routed, stomped on or camped.

OscarDivine
02.25.2014 , 11:50 AM | #15
So apple are you saying you leave every time you start losing?

vladunk
02.25.2014 , 11:53 AM | #16
If you did this then a winning team could just retreat and have a big kumbaya with everyone as they wait out the win. *yawn*

OscarDivine
02.25.2014 , 12:01 PM | #17
Both of them make stalemating nonviable, though, because non-contribution kicks are a thing.

(At least, I think they are. I've actually never run into this system, because I fly a scout.)
Killing accuracy doesn't force a stalemate. Here's the situation:

TDM score is 28 to 26. Team with 28 can force the win by stacking on their cap ship and falling asleep until the timer runs out

Armonddd
02.25.2014 , 12:18 PM | #18
Killing accuracy doesn't force a stalemate. Here's the situation:

TDM score is 28 to 26. Team with 28 can force the win by stacking on their cap ship and falling asleep until the timer runs out
Wouldn't team with 28 get kicked for noncontribution?
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

OscarDivine
02.25.2014 , 01:23 PM | #19
They'd have to vote themselves out, which is obviously not what they want if they're gonna hang over their ship until the battle timer runs out. I've seen teams try to do this at the 1 minute mark if they're winning and they're afraid of a come back. Being marked for non-contributing does not automatically kick you, though it may decrease winnings slightly. The teams doing this obviously don't mind losing a little requisition to gain the win, which is higher requisition anyway

vladunk
02.25.2014 , 01:48 PM | #20
wouldn't the team with 26 get kicked too?