Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Thrusters for Gunships/Bombers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
No Thrusters for Gunships/Bombers

leehambly
02.22.2014 , 07:20 PM | #11
Isn't it generally a load-out choice?

I'm not really a GS player - but from what I've seen the most useful engine ability on a gunship is the rotational thruster (I am prepared to be very wrong about this - but it was the first thing I put on mine!), which offers no real speed boost at all, other than an option for an upgrade to the rotation within the action itself.

Llama-Eight
02.24.2014 , 07:02 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Philmors View Post
Nah, removing their afterburners would just be stupid. A better option would be to lower the hp and shields of bombers and gunships. They should be between strike fighters and scouts in hp and shields in my opinion.
Then you'd need to give them a speed boost to somewhere in between strike fighters & scouts as well, otherwise they'd just be sitting ducks. Bombers especially since they don't have the range that gunships do.

Kuciwalker
02.24.2014 , 07:45 AM | #13
tl;dr OP: "I am bad at this game and can't even keep up with a freaking bomber"

Brewski
02.24.2014 , 08:02 AM | #14
Changes to fundamental mechanics like this are just not going to happen, and people need to focus on:
  1. Learning tactics to counter ships they think are too OP. (Because they are not that OP.)
  2. Understand that GSF is a tactical space combat game, not just a dogfighter, and they need to get used to it.
  3. Work on coming up with minor tweak suggestions to specific skills or components that will improve balance instead of "suggesting" large scale nerfs designed to effectively remove entire ships classes from the game. (Because it's not going to happen.)

Sangrar
02.24.2014 , 08:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
Changes to fundamental mechanics like this are just not going to happen, and people need to focus on:
  1. Learning tactics to counter ships they think are too OP. (Because they are not that OP.)
  2. Understand that GSF is a tactical space combat game, not just a dogfighter, and they need to get used to it.
  3. Work on coming up with minor tweak suggestions to specific skills or components that will improve balance instead of "suggesting" large scale nerfs designed to effectively remove entire ships classes from the game. (Because it's not going to happen.)
the voice of reason, at last has come!
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

Morgrid
02.24.2014 , 11:09 AM | #16
Quote:
The Rockwell (now part of Boeing) B-1 Lancer[N 1] is a four-engine supersonic variable-sweep wing, jet-powered strategic bomber used by the United States Air Force (USAF). It was first envisioned in the 1960s as a supersonic bomber with Mach 2 speed, and sufficient range and payload to replace the Boeing B-52 Stratofortress. It was developed into the B-1B, primarily a low-level penetrator with long-range and Mach 1.25 speed capability at high altitude.
Who says bombers can't have thrusters.
Darth ImperÓus of The Ebon Hawk.

Galactic Champion of "Chase the Bomber"