Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vette Slave Collar Still Shows

Warlordzeddicus
09.24.2013 , 02:07 PM | #1
So playing on my warrior I had a companion mission where Vette asks about the slave collar, and I removed it. For two weeks now, the slave collar is still on her neck, and it won't go away.

I'm wondering if this is just a visual error, or if it might actually be affecting my companion quests. If it is affecting them, is there a way to restart it so that I don't have to keep her as a slave? I really don't want a slave ><

A friend told me he removed the collar, and he has never seen it since, so I know something is wrong here. I reported this problem in game and they told me to post here, so here it is! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hyfy
09.24.2013 , 04:40 PM | #2
It's a part of her default companion skin. If you get a different customization skin and apply it on her character sheet it will disappear, otherwise it's there by default. It's been like that since launch, so if it is actually a graphical bug where the devs intended for it to come off if you choose that convo option then it is one that is very low on their priority list.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

Warlordzeddicus
09.29.2013 , 12:57 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
It's a part of her default companion skin. If you get a different customization skin and apply it on her character sheet it will disappear, otherwise it's there by default. It's been like that since launch, so if it is actually a graphical bug where the devs intended for it to come off if you choose that convo option then it is one that is very low on their priority list.
According to the support I received in game, they claimed it was a bug. So, yea I'm assuming it is just visual. It really sucks though, because that is kind of a huge moral choice for someone to make, and then see nothing done about it ><.

Alec_Fortescue
09.29.2013 , 06:43 AM | #4
Easiest solution for this is to add a vette customization as a reward for the quest-conversation if you decide to remove the collar. The customization would be exactly the same except for the missing collar!

Wallner
01.16.2016 , 03:34 AM | #5
Just returned to SWTOR and started another Sith Warrior.
And Vettes collar still show after I've taken it off, just like it did at launch.

How can they not have fixed this yet? The bug has been around now for 4 years. FOOUR years! Theres actually even more bugs that has also been around since launch.

When you don't fix a bug or just a flawed design after 4 years, it sends out certain signals , you know. Like that the devs / producers doesn't really care about the game. They just want it to hold up long enough for them to make enough money off of it then shut it down.
Want to get awesome free stuff in-game? Use my referral link!:
---->http://www.swtor.com/r/63S7yc <-----

Geter_Priffen
05.19.2019 , 05:37 AM | #6
I'm sure it'll disappear (don't quote me on that) or just wait until you reach the fallen empire chapters and it'll be gone for you with no customization afterward (again, don't quote me on it). If you find this a hard struggle then buy the customization number 8 for vette. it's basically identical but with slight different eye color and tattoos (a little bit)

IoNonSoEVero
05.19.2019 , 08:35 AM | #7
Yup, yet another bug that was never fixed.

The only way to get the collar to stop appearing after you have removed it is to use one of the customizations. You should get one for free after Korriban and there are more customizations available at the vendors on Taris and Balmorra. It should have been fixed but it was not, so if you can't stand looking at the collar, it's unfortunately the only option right now.

LtGeneralGezlin
05.21.2019 , 06:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Yup, yet another bug that was never fixed.

The only way to get the collar to stop appearing after you have removed it is to use one of the customizations. You should get one for free after Korriban and there are more customizations available at the vendors on Taris and Balmorra. It should have been fixed but it was not, so if you can't stand looking at the collar, it's unfortunately the only option right now.
There is a second option. I use the Rascal's Toothpick, and it removes Vette's Shock Collar.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.