Flashpoint rewards.

Like many people, I have been gearing up by running Flashpoints. (Not specifically to gear up, I also enjoy doing FPs.)

But, it suddenly occurred to me, now that I've gotten 4 characters to 306, that the only things I get out of Flashpoints these days is lots and lots of gear and some mats. (Even the Renown points just end up with more gear.)

It might be nice to get a bit more variety, such as decos, pets, titles, dyes, etc. (It could be just common stuff)

I'm beginning to feel as though there's no point in doing FPs any more. The enjoyment of doing the FPs is being outweighed by the slog of sorting through all the "gear" you get, and the lack of anything else.

* grumble, grumble * ☹

Edited by JediQuaker

There are decoration rewards from flashpoints. Boarding Party & Maelstrom Prison have computer consoles. Nathema & Copero have a whole slew of unique-to-that-flashpoint decorations, Manaan has a couple... etc.

Do I think there could be more unique and interesting decorations? Yes, yes I do.

It'd be great if they could add a "flashpoint decoration prefab" which drops from FPs which you could then go to a "flashpoint decoration droid" on the fleet to purchase decos, but hey, at least there are decos now even if they are random drops from bosses.

Imagine finding a companion in a FP / Operation.

The Geonosian Queen (Ossus instanced boss) has a chance to drop a companion in HM.

Pretty much every flashpoints has deco drops (and a few can drop some mounts too), operations have lots of decos and mounts. The newer flashpoints (Copero, Nathema and Meridian) have plenty of decorations drops, many quite nice.

But it's still a bit of a slog wading through all the junk after an FP.

This is my main gripe about 6.0 gearing. Gear management is just so tedious. Spend 15 minutes in a flashpoint, spend 5 minutes sorting through gear. That’s just not a good ratio of playing the game vs performing tedious management tasks so you can continue playing the game. It would be nice if there was some sort of auto or mass disintegrate based on filters you select – not 306? Zap. Not modable? Zap.

This is my main gripe about 6.0 gearing. Gear management is just so tedious. Spend 15 minutes in a flashpoint, spend 5 minutes sorting through gear. That’s just not a good ratio of playing the game vs performing tedious management tasks so you can continue playing the game. It would be nice if there was some sort of auto or mass disintegrate based on filters you select – not 306? Zap. Not modable? Zap.

the worst part? running a fully geared 306 toon and getting 1 item with 1 306 armor/mod/enhance piece and EVERYTHING else is 276 - 298 about 90% of the time. think i have run maybe 45+ fps since 6.0 and have geared 2 toons. not including using the tech frags.

Some decos, titles, pets, mounts would be nice.

Not too long ago I saw a pet drop in one of both pre-Revan FPs ... I don't remember anymore, which one ...

I haven't seen those collectible things in Manaan and those other two pre-Revan FPs in ages, my guess is that they only drop in HM, and I don't do HM often.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, I take it back, partially. You can get various decos, etc, from vendors in exchange for fragments and Jawa junk, so it's not quite so bad.

But it's still a bit of a slog wading through all the junk after an FP.

I take it back even further. Now that I've got 5 characters fully 306 geared, plus an extra set for later, I just vendor everything after an FP without even looking at it - except, of course, mats, companions, etc. I was picking out the pieces of bonus set gear, but even that, I don't bother with any more. 😏

I take it back even further. Now that I've got 5 characters fully 306 geared, plus an extra set for later, I just vendor everything after an FP without even looking at it - except, of course, mats, companions, etc. I was picking out the pieces of bonus set gear, but even that, I don't bother with any more. 😏

Congrats Jedi!

Congrats Jedi!

Too soon! 😊

Now that the Empire Guild I'm in is actually doing OPs, I need to complete the gearing of my Marauder**. So I'm back to deconstructing everything for a bit. 🙄

** It already has full 306 mods, implants, etc, but not a full bonus set yet.

Edited by JediQuaker