Conquest abuse to get mats such as charged matter transubstantiator

Visorknight

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, there is no exploit.

Secondly, Players always have to be able to adapt in an MMO such as this. Changes are normal. There's always an opportunity to make credits in the game. You just can't be set in your ways.

Finally, what most people are overlooking is that not only is this a generous conquest with plenty of easy ways to make points, but the XP / CXP to conquest point change is giving double what would be the normal output due to the double XP event at the same time (this week). So smaller guilds have a conquest to look forward to where they can opt for the medium and even large yield planets for a change. Personally, I think it's a good thing.

Bonus thought: Most of this (current gearing) probably won't matter when 6.0 arrives. So what is desirable now will likely be obsolete at the end of this year.

It varies substantially throughout the day it seems. I looked around 8 PM PDT yesterday and they were about 1.5 mill.

I did notice a big increase in the amount of 236 Augments being offered and prices are dropping significantly below costs to buy the mats. I got two 236 crit ones for 1.5 mil last night.

I won’t be using them, so I’ll just wait till the price goes back up and sell them ;)

Strange, I ran Conquest on 4 different toons yesterday, and had 0 impact on the price of the mats. I wasn't buying/selling them before, and I'm not now. I wonder, how many others out there are like me, and aren't doing anything to the economy by simply collecting rewards for completing conquest?

As someone else has pointed out, likely multiple times, I can multiply by 2 the amount of time it took me to do Conquest on all the toons that have finished it this week, since it's double xp and we've got a shiny new method of earning CP. After double xp runs out, it will take more time to accomplish what I did, since I didn't pick a Heroic zone, and go farming. I played the same way I always do; run some PvE space stuff, it's great for morning coffee, or a break from story lines, I did some Heroics for crates, I used all mine up recently, and need to replace them, and, since it's double xp, I worked on some lowbie alts, both of whom made their conquest running their stories, with a dash of space and heroics thrown in for flavor.

While for some people, the GTN is the main game, for others, it's below "Supplementary" when it comes to acquiring the things they want or need. For myself, I craft the augments and kits myself, I spent a lot of time on creating stuff to create the components for slots yesterday, figuring that, the way I play the game these days, I don't need BiS for anything, so I can just run with MK 10 kits and the best augments I can put in them, that I make myself. Prices for mats on the GTN have 0 impact on my gameplay, and so, I see this as "much ado about nothing".

About time CMT's were brought down in price. 240 augs and purple mats are stupidly expensive for gear that will be useless in 6.0 aka THREE MONTHS.

Do you really think September means September when Bioware says it? Cause when Eric says September, I hear November or maybe January.

EA forced Anthem to release, and Bioware paid the price. Learning that lesson, maybe a wise man's words from long ago might help out the Austin team:

“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

― Shigeru Miyamoto

IDK, I hear October. Maybe mid-November at the latest. The devs have to have it out by US Thanksgiving.

Also, what have the SWTOR devs been doing for almost 3 years? Hopefully not Anthem.

Actually, Bioware shuffles staff around depending on need. Anthem did in fact take from Bioware Austin. Case in point, ever hear of a man named Ben Irving? Lead producer of SWTOR for 4.0, and after he burned it down, proceeded to lead produce Anthem, and burn that down the exact same way.

Bioware Austin is basically a closet where Bioware keeps extra staff.

Also, a thing to keep in mind: WoW Classic comes out Aug 27th. SWTOR is a WoW clone. It would be kinda dumb to release 6.0 in September, even if they figure out the set bonus disaster, and even if they smoothed out optimizations.

Actually, Bioware shuffles staff around depending on need. Anthem did in fact take from Bioware Austin. Case in point, ever hear of a man named Ben Irving? Lead producer of SWTOR for 4.0, and after he burned it down, proceeded to lead produce Anthem, and burn that down the exact same way.

Bioware Austin is basically a closet where Bioware keeps extra staff.

Also, a thing to keep in mind: WoW Classic comes out Aug 27th. SWTOR is a WoW clone. It would be kinda dumb to release 6.0 in September, even if they figure out the set bonus disaster, and even if they smoothed out optimizations.

Um, no? I know plenty of people that would play this, that don't play WoW, and haven't since it's release, I'm one of them. I didn't feel the need to play an MMO with a fanbase that has, on more than one occasion come onto game forums going "it's not enough like WoW, it's going to fail" and "it's too much like WoW, it's going to fail", usually on the same game's forums. I saw a lot of this in the Aion Beta forums. There was a conspiracy theory making the rounds back then that Blizzard was paying them.

Me: Before all this, the price was 1.9 to 2 million, now it's way lower

TT: You must not be on Star Forge, cause the price is 2 million

Star Forge GTN: The price right now is 1.5 million, and it takes 5 GTN pages to get to 1.6 million (7 am Pacific time)

Yesterday I bought bulk Transubs all for less than 1.5mil per. If I am really desperate I will pay 1.5mil, but I did find more than a few times where I was able to grab bulks for 1.2-1.4mil per.

Usually this cost range didn't last long when I was on, but I never went through the day without finding a time when I could grab Transubs for 1.5mil or less per.

This is on SF btw. I suppose it depends when you on, and when those selling Transubs are selling etc, too.

Charged matter transubstantiator prices actually impacts the everyday player bottomline much more than the rich GTN/crafting whales. The normal players get them from farming command crates/ranked pvp/conquest completion and sells them to pay for their repair bills/augments/upkeep usage etc. If prices goes way too low, they won't be able to afford buying stuff that they need regularly such as consumables/augments etc. Not everyone maxed out all their crafting crew skills and farm their own mats to craft for their own usage.

Charged matter transubstantiator prices actually impacts the everyday player bottomline much more than the rich GTN/crafting whales. The normal players get them from farming command crates/ranked pvp/conquest completion and sells them to pay for their repair bills/augments/upkeep usage etc. If prices goes way too low, they won't be able to afford buying stuff that they need regularly such as consumables/augments etc. Not everyone maxed out all their crafting crew skills and farm their own mats to craft for their own usage.

lol. CMT's should never be the only income any player has. Even if they sell for 1.5 mil each or even 1 mil players will still get plenty of credits for Game activity.

Not to mention will CMT's even matter in september when 6.0 comes out? sounds to me like we should be using them or selling them long before 6.0 launches and the prices Plummet to a minimal amount.

No? As one of those "every day" players, I don't rely on them to make up my repair bills. In fact, as one of those, I'm not sure where you're getting I need that much money to cover repair bills. If someone is playing ranked PvP, how are they needing money for repair bills at all? That was always the counter argument to "PvP needs to award more credits", since there are no repair bills associated with PvP. To the rest, a lot of those players aren't running anything that requires BiS gear, and so can get by on what they pull from Command Crates, and even from just crafting stuff themselves.

No? As one of those "every day" players, I don't rely on them to make up my repair bills. In fact, as one of those, I'm not sure where you're getting I need that much money to cover repair bills. If someone is playing ranked PvP, how are they needing money for repair bills at all? That was always the counter argument to "PvP needs to award more credits", since there are no repair bills associated with PvP. To the rest, a lot of those players aren't running anything that requires BiS gear, and so can get by on what they pull from Command Crates, and even from just crafting stuff themselves.

The player economy is horribly inflated compared to the "NPC economy" of expected credit drops and sellable items. This should be obvious.

When gaining command levels on a new toon, you end up getting a respectable amount of CMT that you can sell at the current inflated "player economy" as opposed to the stagnent "npc economy".

In other words, new players are given the chance to participate in something that's normally locked away for a long time in other mmos: The ability to buy and sell desirable goods for end game.

The price was 2 million before all this started, and it now takes 40 GTN pages to see listings at that price. Like I said, don't really care if it hurts billionaire crafters, but this is going to impact smaller wallet and newer players in a harder way.

And you still eat that burger after the fly puked all over it? :D

I send it to the lab, where they determine the puke parts per million vs burger, (pppm/burger) and if it's above a certain threshold they incinerate it. Otherwise, they mail it back to me with an certified "edible" certificate.

The player economy is horribly inflated compared to the "NPC economy" of expected credit drops and sellable items. This should be obvious.

When gaining command levels on a new toon, you end up getting a respectable amount of CMT that you can sell at the current inflated "player economy" as opposed to the stagnent "npc economy".

In other words, new players are given the chance to participate in something that's normally locked away for a long time in other mmos: The ability to buy and sell desirable goods for end game.

The price was 2 million before all this started, and it now takes 40 GTN pages to see listings at that price. Like I said, don't really care if it hurts billionaire crafters, but this is going to impact smaller wallet and newer players in a harder way.

Smaller wallet players need love too, but perhaps not through rare drops of high grade crafting materials. The thrill of the hunt is too much for my low energy heart to handle.

The easiest way to help smaller wallet players in the long-term is to make rare shiny things less rare and shiny. That would put them on more even footing with big wallet players, who already get rare and shiny things effortlessly because they can afford the prices set by other big wallet players. Consistent enough flood of supply across the board would make the need for these complications over selling materials like charged matteriator transubstantiantiator rather moot, wouldn't it.

Smaller wallet players need love too, but perhaps not through rare drops of high grade crafting materials. The thrill of the hunt is too much for my low energy heart to handle.

The easiest way to help smaller wallet players in the long-term is to make rare shiny things less rare and shiny. That would put them on more even footing with big wallet players, who already get rare and shiny things effortlessly because they can afford the prices set by other big wallet players. Consistent enough flood of supply across the board would make the need for these complications over selling materials like charged matteriator transubstantiantiator rather moot, wouldn't it.

I craft mostly in Nar Shadda, and the last two days the gen chat there has been nothing but "My CMT won't sell".

At the end of the day, flooding the market didn't help anyone, and ended up hurting the little guys even more. What you're talking about is a fundamental shift in loot philosophy, which is fine, but it's a bigger argument than what's going on here. This is a thread for how the market crashed due to conquest abuse.

I craft mostly in Nar Shadda, and the last two days the gen chat there has been nothing but "My CMT won't sell".

At the end of the day, flooding the market didn't help anyone, and ended up hurting the little guys even more. What you're talking about is a fundamental shift in loot philosophy, which is fine, but it's a bigger argument than what's going on here. This is a thread for how the market crashed due to conquest abuse.

Well I have learned from those invested in the philosophy of MMORPGs over the years (random people on forums defending things being grindy) that MMORPGs are all about pain and suffering to get what you want, so I would say this is part of the natural order of things. There's an M in the name somewhere that I believe stands for Masochism. Massively Masochistic Online Roleplaying Game. Something like that. :p

Well I have learned from those invested in the philosophy of MMORPGs over the years (random people on forums defending things being grindy) that MMORPGs are all about pain and suffering to get what you want, so I would say this is part of the natural order of things. There's an M in the name somewhere that I believe stands for Masochism. Massively Masochistic Online Roleplaying Game. Something like that. :p

I actually agree, that part of what made WoW vanilla and Burning Crusade so great was the frustration, but that frustration was universal throughout the playerbase. Getting the gold for that first mount was an actual achievmment, or getting the gold for the flying training in BC took time and investment.

Here we have alot of entrenched billionaire players, who have been flipping cartel market items for years. Nothing wrong with it, but it does make for a much larger gap between wealthy players and low wallet players. That's why it costs 10-20 million credits to get decent looking cartel armor.

So now a new player has a choice if they want to get that 20 million credit armor: Learn how to abuse conquest and try and earn money that way (it's not fun gameplay btw) or play as they would have but buy goods from the GTN at half the rate they would have.

I'm a billionaire crafter myself, but I want newer players to be able to buy my stuff. If I price it too low, it gets flipped, so I can only drag the prices down slowly by steady undercutting. I want an economy that's fluid and allows new players to reach into the market, and feel like they got something for their efforts, while not having to be made miserable by those very same efforts.

Rich peasants make for a rich kingdom.

I actually agree, that part of what made WoW vanilla and Burning Crusade so great was the frustration, but that frustration was universal throughout the playerbase. Getting the gold for that first mount was an actual achievmment, or getting the gold for the flying training in BC took time and investment.

Here we have alot of entrenched billionaire players, who have been flipping cartel market items for years. Nothing wrong with it, but it does make for a much larger gap between wealthy players and low wallet players. That's why it costs 10-20 million credits to get decent looking cartel armor.

So now a new player has a choice if they want to get that 20 million credit armor: Learn how to abuse conquest and try and earn money that way (it's not fun gameplay btw) or play as they would have but buy goods from the GTN at half the rate they would have.

I'm a billionaire crafter myself, but I want newer players to be able to buy my stuff. If I price it too low, it gets flipped, so I can only drag the prices down slowly by steady undercutting. I want an economy that's fluid and allows new players to reach into the market, and feel like they got something for their efforts, while not having to be made miserable by those very same efforts.

Rich peasants make for a rich kingdom.

Flippers flipping each other into not selling too low for fear of flipping from other flippers. Hadn't thought of it that way. Just goes to show how damaging flipping is to the game overall.

Flippers flipping each other into not selling too low for fear of flipping from other flippers. Hadn't thought of it that way. Just goes to show how damaging flipping is to the game overall.

It's like that one guy at every pool, who puts flippers on his hands and his feet and thinks it's funny. Too many flippers!

For the record from a ranked prospective.... if you can't pull more than 2.5k dps/6k hps consistently and survive for more than the first minute, no we don't want you to queue. And no, waiting for longer queues does not make us want you to queue more.

Fun fact, many of the long time players who queued regularly everyday for a couple hours stopped playing because sub par players filled the queue. The "dead" queue times didn't start because no one liked ranked, they started because 5.x brought an insurmountable amount fresh blood into the queue. Most of them only there for mats.

Edited by Seterade