Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The grind fest

Tstancill
12.13.2011 , 12:25 PM | #1
Maybe I am just vain but going to be very disheartening to enter a server where level 20's maybe even 30's are already running around. Always that thrill of being the first to explore a zone or the first to get that awesome pew pew blaster. Of course I could have pre-ordered earlier but in all honestly the game did not look very good to me and I wasn't going to spend all that money on something i wasn't sold on yet. My friends pre-ordered in july and me in November, guess ill have to find other friends to play with. If i had waited to buy the game at launch, higher levels are to be expected but amongst the pre-orders themselves? Been playing MMOs since when ppl still added the rpg at the end and i hope this is not a trend that continues in the future. People will throw their money at garbage just to ensure they get to play when the first special people get to play. Perhaps im just bored at home but if you know how many pre-orders you have you should know how many servers you need..... launching a mmo isn't an act of future technology or anything... beta stress tests..... i believe that happened already. hoping I see everyone in game soon.

Aowar
12.13.2011 , 12:26 PM | #2
The bad thing about level 20's and 30's already being in game is that you will be fighting them in PvP.

Asurai
12.13.2011 , 12:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aowar View Post
The bad thing about level 20's and 30's already being in game is that you will be fighting them in PvP.
pVP server are a waste of time anyway due to faction imbalance .

Gamjee
12.13.2011 , 12:27 PM | #4
I agree with everything you said. However, I would like to impress upon you the power of the paragraph.

Tstancill
12.13.2011 , 12:27 PM | #5
ohh yeah i heard about that... blah even more disheartening

Jestunhi
12.13.2011 , 12:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Asurai View Post
pVP server are a waste of time anyway due to faction imbalance .

Each AC is pretty much a clone of the opposing AC.

I'd say faction balance is better on this than most MMO's for that very reason. Few differences = few chances for difference in "power"

jmanaugust
12.13.2011 , 12:29 PM | #7
Oh please c'mon

Your friends cant roll alts? You are in a guild with like 4 people? Stop being so dramatic.

If they wont then they arent really your friends now are they?

Asurai
12.13.2011 , 12:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jestunhi View Post

Each AC is pretty much a clone of the opposing AC.

I'd say faction balance is better on this than most MMO's for that very reason. Few differences = few chances for difference in "power"
I was talking about population; pvp server are hugely in favor of Sith from beta realm data.

Juromaro
12.13.2011 , 12:32 PM | #9

Which doesn't make a lick of difference, at level 11 I facerolled a level 32 in the warfront only thing they get is some extra talents and a few more abilities.
http://www.swtor.com/r/RXD8tQ -7 Days Free Sub, Preferred Friend Bundle, Free Character Transfer.

Fascion
12.13.2011 , 12:32 PM | #10
The staggered invites to the pre-release aren't as much about population as they are about server stability and making sure everything runs a little smoother than the typical release of an MMO.

And if playing on a server with higher levels bothers you at all, and if you are waiting already due to a later pre-order, consider rolling on any one of the many servers that will be put up over the course of this pre-release to deal with the increase in population.